Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 02:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327935 Posts in 13427 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age: Origins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 44504 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »

I was quite surprised that this hasn't had any coverage I could find here, and neither has it had a topic, so here we go:

Bioware-developed, PC RPG, due for release in early 2009. Seems to be a blend of Neverwinter Nights, KotoR/Jade Empire/Mass Effect and WoW, but, judging by the screenies GameSpot put up on their preview, there also appears to be some degree of strategy involved in the combat.

Anyways, it has me intrigued, and I thought I'd share!

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:34:06 AM »

Is it still a rumor or is it fact that the game is coming to consoles in Q4 2009? Only way I'm playing this game, because I'm not shelling out thousands for a new computer.

Anyways, based on the previews, looks like it'll be an awesome game.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:40:30 AM »

Gamespot have it listed for 360 and PS3 as well, but no release date. And the only difference between the PS3/360 pages compared to the PC version is the colouring.

I mean, literally the only difference is the colouring. The previews on the 360/PS3 blurb still start with "Dragon Age: Origins is a PC role-playing game that will be based on a brand-new fantasy world"... :P

copy/paste FTW!!!

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »

Are they going back to turn based battles? I hated Mass Effect's FPS-ish combat.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:20 AM »

It's real-time with pause, like BG and KOTOR.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »

Crap. It's been delayed from a Spring release to 'the last half of 2009', now a simultaneous release on the three platforms. Presumably this is EA's doing because they don't want to market it separately from the console ports.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 07:58:44 PM »

Possible, but at the same time this has already been in development for forever and it's not something uncommon with Bioware games. If it IS the case though then I hope they at least spend the next several months fine tuning the game, normally I wouldn't mind delays but after my PC upgrade I was hoping to have this sooner than later.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »

I also remember reading somewhere (although now that I'm looking for the articles I can't find them) that the console versions would have altered/exclusive/extra content of some sort, so maybe this will allow them to make all three versions the same (i.e. the PC version much superior).
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 08:57:53 AM »

The game is supposed to pull from a number of their games stylisticly, but spiritually Bioware has said it's supposed to be the successor to the Baldur's Gate series...which has me very excited.  Limiting the group to 4 members limits the strategy a bit, but everything else they've released info-wise suggests this'll become my new favorite game.

After reading the (relatively) new webpage, I wouldn't be surprised if they have plans in the pipeline for an MMO based in this world.

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »

NWN was supposed to be the spiritual successor of BG2. Heck, in the tips BG2 gives you during loadings it tells you you'll be able to export your characters to NWN. That wasn't true D:
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »

NWN was supposed to be the spiritual successor of BG2. Heck, in the tips BG2 gives you during loadings it tells you you'll be able to export your characters to NWN. That wasn't true D:

Really? From when they first revealed NWN it was seemed pretty clear to me that it was focused on the toolset and multiplayer. I think any plan that Bioware had to import characters into NWN was shelved with Throne of Bhaal and then the move to 3rd edition D&D.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 02:47:21 AM »

My most anticipated sword & sorcery game in quite some time. Always loved Bioware's choice/moral system.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 07:52:23 AM »

The more I read about it the more interested I am. I really like how the personality of your party members has an effect on the outcome of the events. You might actually not get along with some of them. They can leave the party or even turn against you.

Here's a detailed preview:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/967/967555p1.html

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kaelkale

I've got balls of steel!

ryukaneda@hotmail.com
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 04:57:25 AM »

The more I read about it the more interested I am. I really like how the personality of your party members has an effect on the outcome of the events. You might actually not get along with some of them. They can leave the party or even turn against you.

Here's a detailed preview:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/967/967555p1.html

Yeah, Bioware has done that before and it's always been awesome. I definitely have high hopes for the choice portion of this game too.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:37:47 AM »

Wow, I might be looking at the same kind of fun I haven't had since Baldurs Gate (Where your party was a intresting because of their conflicting views).

IGN is right, this really does remind one of Baldurs Gate.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:40:01 AM by bigdeath » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: