Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:08:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329326 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age: Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 44625 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »

The trailers are looking good, so good in fact that I don't know if my machine will be able to handle it. I don't know how explicit the sex will be, if you only see what's in the trailers I guess it's nothing we haven't seen before but considering the ridiculous mass effect controversy I don't know...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 12:57:27 PM »

I don't think it'll be too demanding, the developers haven't said much about system requirements on the forums other than that going from a dual core to quad cores won't make all that much difference in performance in DA, the biggest leap for processors is between single and dual cores. So by the sounds of things it won't need a brand new computer just to run. They haven't said anything about graphics cards yet though.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:21:01 AM »

The official release date for North America is October 20th. No idea when it's out here (Europe) but going by past BioWare games it should be between a few days to two weeks later.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:48:30 PM by DPB » Logged
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

Shame its still so far away, especially because im reading the prequel novel right now, so its like...ME WANTS GAME NOW!

Still, it should be epic, and if not, its gonna be good.  I have never disliked a game ive played with Biowares name on it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 11:45:24 PM »

I don't think it'll be too demanding, the developers haven't said much about system requirements on the forums other than that going from a dual core to quad cores won't make all that much difference in performance in DA, the biggest leap for processors is between single and dual cores. So by the sounds of things it won't need a brand new computer just to run. They haven't said anything about graphics cards yet though.

I don't know, Bioware screwed up big time with NWN2's optimization and material compatibility. I really hope they learned from their mistakes with this game D:
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »

I don't know, Bioware screwed up big time with NWN2's optimization and material compatibility. I really hope they learned from their mistakes with this game D:

No, that was Obsidian. It may've been built off of an engine Bioware made, but The Witcher did better with that same base engine and you can overhaul it to be nearly unrecognizable as Valve did with the Source engine (I've read that it still technically uses a small amount of code from the Gold Source engine, which was their modified Quake engine).

With that said Bioware themselves isn't really much better, just look at how KotOR1 was kind of choppy and Mass Effect doesn't even need an explanation.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 05:52:42 AM »

It's amazing how many people think NWN2 is made by Bioware, reading other forums I still see comments about how bad Dragon Age is supposedly going to be because they didn't like NWN2.

What's the problem with Mass Effect's performance? Other than the DRM, which was EA's decision, I don't see any issue. It runs very smoothly on a budget PC I bought last year. On that note, DA isn't going to have any DRM, just a DVD check.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 06:00:24 AM »

What's the problem with Mass Effect's performance?

I'm referring to the 360's performance actually. On PC it sounds like it's fine, but they ARE making their own engine for this, and KotOR ran kind of choppily at times too. We'll see how it goes.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »

Dragon Age has Captain Janeway!

E3 video of a fight against a red dragon and some dialogue leading up to it.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/25013
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »

So, Dragon Age Origins is going to have a CE at $15 more, and... god dammit it has a Mass Effect 2 item code. This is a problem for me because I started ME on the 360 and intend to follow the series on that, but I intend to get DA:O on the PC.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »

If ME2 is anything like the first game, one single item won't make much of a difference to your experience. The frequency of loot in that game was incredibly high and most of it didn't affect the difficulty much.

That said, the bonus may turn out to be platform-independant. I'm a regular on the DAO forums so if I hear anything on it I'll let you know.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:46:59 PM by DPB » Logged
Clothahump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »

It's amazing how many people think NWN2 is made by Bioware, reading other forums I still see comments about how bad Dragon Age is supposedly going to be because they didn't like NWN2.

What's the problem with Mass Effect's performance? Other than the DRM, which was EA's decision, I don't see any issue. It runs very smoothly on a budget PC I bought last year. On that note, DA isn't going to have any DRM, just a DVD check.

I'd actually have more respect for Bioware, if they had made NWN2. It's MUCH better than the first one.

The funny thing is, Dragon Age was my most anticipated game, but the more I learn about it, the less I want it, and it's a good possibility I'll be passing on it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 12:42:33 AM »

I just hope EA isn't fucking with it, I suspect the music in the trailers and their style is their work but if marketting's the limit then it'll probably be fine.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 03:12:57 PM »

Honestly, EA seems to be a much better company as of late, letting teams do their own thing, not messing around to much.  I highly doubt they would muck with Biowares stuff.  Ive got the CE Pre ordered, sadly its been delayed until November 3rd, but ahh well.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »

The collectors edition bonus item for ME2 (which is some armour) isn't platform dependant, so Eusis you can go ahead and get DAO for the PC and ME2 the Xbox 360.

EDIT: That item isn't exclusive to the CE, it's available to anyone who buys the standard edition new too.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:49:11 AM by DPB » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: