Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 08:08:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334682 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age: Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 45044 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »

I'd say Star Trek and Star Wars have warrented the novels that the original books/series spawned...
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »

I dunno, games like Mass Effect are easily as expansive as the Star Wars universe, in fact I'd say that ME's lore is more fleshed out thanks to ample characterization of each race, as opposed to Star Wars/Trek's whole 'throw in a ton of races that we don't explain.'

Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »

I've been anticipating this game since last year, when I read about it in Game Informer. It looks like Bioware is throwing everything they've got at this one, which makes me giddy. I was worried that they'd started moving away from Fantasy settings with games like Mass Effect, but Dragon Age should be a good return to form.

My only bit of trepidation arises from the possibility of "2+ years worth of episodically released downloadable content"...ugh. I'm afraid they'll go the Fallout 3 route, releasing the game half finished and beefing it up with overpriced DLC for the PC and 360, while leaving PS3 users to half-heartedly enjoy a product they only now realize is half-finished.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2009, 05:07:28 PM »

Uhh, most of the Fallout 3 content was only made AND planned after the game hit retail. Broken Steel for example wouldn't have been made if people didn't react so badly to the ending. Hell, when you get plenty of game for the price it's hard to complain, I'd find more reason to be upset over the Game of the Year addition including all the DLC than the fact they made it at all, and it just gives me a convenient excuse to rebuy it for the PC.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »

The first English review is out:

http://gameinformer.com/games/dragon_age_origins/b/pc/archive/2009/10/05/review.aspx
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

Anyone else get an erection when they think about this game?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Kyle E.
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2009, 01:04:40 PM »

Yes.

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 06:28:16 PM »

Uhh, most of the Fallout 3 content was only made AND planned after the game hit retail. Broken Steel for example wouldn't have been made if people didn't react so badly to the ending. Hell, when you get plenty of game for the price it's hard to complain, I'd find more reason to be upset over the Game of the Year addition including all the DLC than the fact they made it at all, and it just gives me a convenient excuse to rebuy it for the PC.
There's no convincing me that Bethesda thought releasing Fallout 3 (an open-world game) with an ending and a low level cap was a good idea, I'm sorry. It's my opinion that Bethesda intentionally released the game half-finished, no matter what their offical statement is on the matter. Here's hoping Bioware doesn't do the same thing to Dragon Age.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 06:34:41 PM »

Not really, and that surprises me quite a bit.  A few years ago I would have been chomping at the bit for a game like this, but I think The Witcher beat it to the punch.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 08:37:42 PM »

Not really, and that surprises me quite a bit.  A few years ago I would have been chomping at the bit for a game like this, but I think The Witcher beat it to the punch.

You're gay.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:59 AM »

He's the Witchest.
Myght

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2009, 02:26:03 PM »

Not really, and that surprises me quite a bit.  A few years ago I would have been chomping at the bit for a game like this, but I think The Witcher beat it to the punch.

You're gay.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh!  Someone that has a picture of Bob Ross bordered In pink, and belongs to the Rainbow club.... calling someone GAY! Not that I care If one Is or not, but the Irony got me :)

I came Here to post I may have been wrong about this game after seeing more about It, and seen this post. The game looks good, but still dated to me.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:30:00 PM by Myght » Logged
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »

Oh god yes.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2009, 04:39:54 PM »

Can't remember when I've been that excited, sexually or not, for a game. I can't wait D:
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2009, 02:48:22 AM »

As much as I try to deny it, I want this game so badly that October feels like it's creeping by very slowly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: