Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:45:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age: Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 44627 times)
Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 06:58:29 PM »

I hope they manage to make the console ports of this game competent. It's it's some sort of DA:O Lite, I'm going to be pissed.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »

I hope they manage to make the console ports of this game competent. It's it's some sort of DA:O Lite, I'm going to be pissed.

Agreed, since I need to get it for the 360 cause I know my laptop would play it like a wood chipper plays a violin.

EDIT: Also, if anyone cares here's a link to where you can get the character creator tool. More like a link to a link, but it's there!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 09:56:01 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »

Waiting for DAO is difficult.Not to mention I'm getting the PS3 version.

My gaming PC keeps crashing and my 360 scratches my discs horrendously.It only plays Live Arcade games

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »

So is there any gameplay footage of this shit out there?  All I can find is an assload of cinematics.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 08:55:24 PM »

So is there any gameplay footage of this shit out there?  All I can find is an assload of cinematics.

You know all about getting assloads of things, hehe...homo.

I haven't seen any gameplay footage, just the cinematics. I have seen screen shots, but not actual video of it or anything.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »

You know all about getting assloads of things, hehe...homo.

Never change, Dagg.  Never change. :P

I made my post a little early, because I did find some footage.  But if anyone can find some that doesn't have a random cunt talking over the top of everything, please share it.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »

I'm waiting for someone to reveal how the console iterations play.  I'm not about to fork out $60 unless I know the controls are intuitive.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2009, 12:02:58 PM »

So is there any gameplay footage of this shit out there?  All I can find is an assload of cinematics.

IGN has a lot of videos here, but even some of the combat videos have dialogue at the start of them that you might not want to see in advance. The ones titled fade battle, dalish combat and dark spawn fight are all spoiler-free, I'm not sure about the rest since I've been trying to avoid watching any videos that contain dialogue.

Giantbomb has a 20-minute gameplay video but unfortunately it has people talking over the top of it making stupid comments. Now for Xbox 360, complete with inane chattering too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 04:32:35 PM by DPB » Logged
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2009, 06:39:24 AM »

And here's another gameplay video.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »

Well, after watching that most recent video DPB posted, I am officially excited for this game.  I had forgotten what being excited for a video game feels like. :P

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2009, 02:06:28 PM »

The PS3 version has been brought forward, it now comes on the same day as the other platforms instead of a fortnight later.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2009, 10:47:46 AM »

I've seen a few clips of the 360 version in action, and it looks like it might not be too bad.  The control scheme looks like a combination of Phantasy Star Online and Mass Effect.

Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 06:20:34 PM »

At this point, whether or not I'll buy this game depends entirely on how well the console versions come out. I'm not going to pick it up on release day (like I originally planned), but only after I read some reviews.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2009, 09:34:49 AM »

I suspect most reviews will claim it's the next coming of Christ...it'll probably be a while until a credible review comes out for DA, unless RPGfan has a review pretty quick.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:31 PM »

Yeah after the Risen on console flop I'd wait for reviews too. Well, I'll probably get it on PC since I should be able to run it, but just sayin'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: