Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:53:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338691 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Age: Origins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 45363 times)
Kyle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »

There is no level cap in this game.

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »

There is no level cap in this game.

Like a boss.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »

I understood it that there is only enough experience in this game to reach level 22 if you do everything possible, level 20 for most people.

Is this incorrect?
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »

In any game with choices, I always pick the "right" choices, I guess it's because most every game out there gives you the best rewards or outcomes for doing the right thing.

Yeah I somwhat agree there.Most of the light/dark alignment games,I usually prefer dark because it sets me down a very difficult yet fascinating path.I enjoyed the Dark brotherhood missions of Oblivion,the path of a serial killer in Fable 2 and the dark side in KOTOR 2.The experiences were certainly interesting.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »

It's the opposite in InFamous though. Going the evil path gives you much more destructive powers and makes the game much easier.

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: December 03, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »

It's the opposite in InFamous though. Going the evil path gives you much more destructive powers and makes the game much easier.

This is why I hate most sandbox games(DA and Bioware games in general aren't sandbox), with the exception of Fable, it seems like they really only reward you for being bad, not really sandbox if you ask me.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: December 03, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »

Why Can't I equip a sword in my off-hand?

Do you have to have a certain prerequisite trait?

JP
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: December 03, 2009, 07:57:39 PM »

You need the final dual-wielding talent unlocked.  The first three merely enhance your attack and defense stats.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: December 03, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

Why Can't I equip a sword in my off-hand?

Do you have to have a certain prerequisite trait?

JP

What Parn said. It takes alot of dexterity.

jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: December 03, 2009, 11:03:42 PM »

You need the final dual-wielding talent unlocked.  The first three merely enhance your attack and defense stats.

Thanks Parn. This has driven me nuts. And a bizarre way to do it...

JP
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2009, 03:10:57 PM »

The logic seems to be that anyone can wield two weapons at once (although the untrained won't be particularly good at it), but it takes a great deal of proficiency to wield two full-sized weapons at once.  It's in the manual somewhere, as well as the description for the final dual wielding talent.

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »

There is a lot of EA hate over at the Bioware boards over no update on console patches.

I'll admit, I have never come across ANY issue that people are complaining about on my 360 version, aside from of course how stats influence damage etc that was fixed in the latest PC patch.

Maybe a patch of some sort will be rolled into the new DLC.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2009, 12:42:38 PM »

Well, if it weren't for EA they'd probably have never gotten their console versions! Anyways, I imagine the blame is more on Sony and Microsoft, who have to authorize patches before they go live.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »

Well that was the other side of the argument, that Sony and Microsoft have to have the patches put through QA and then there was the issue of Microsoft and Sony not wanting to have people use their download bandwidth or patches which are free, which is why I'm hoping it can be wrapped into some more DLC.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2009, 03:15:33 PM »

Sony and Microsoft won't try to twist bug fixes into something you have to pay for, not right now anyway. What may be happening is that both of them want all known bugs addressed at once, or at least most of the known bugs, it's what held up the Castle Crasher's patch rather than receiving it ASAP.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: