Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337901 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Fast, Agressive Music
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fast, Agressive Music  (Read 4605 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 02:57:09 PM »

Ooh! I got one!

Disfear (band) seems like it would fit your bill perfectly.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 06:39:28 PM »

Ooh, just remembered something else.  If you enjoy speed and aggression combined with complex/mathy riffing check out Blotted Science.  They're a side project featuring Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse on bass, Ron Jarzombek on guitar, and Charlie Zeleny of Behold...The Arctopus on drums.  It's all instrumentals.  It's like Dysrhythmia but with more speed, aggression, and brain-breakage.   

I'm surprised none of the punk fans have mentioned Rise Against.  IMO, the best modern day punk band.  Not only is their music fast, angry, and aggressive, but it's also very political, talks about real life/real world issues, and actually stands for something.  It's the true spirit of punk and not the watered down poppy bubblegum garbage MTV tries to pass off as punk.  Rise Against is raw punk.  It's the music of the streets.  There's no colorful mowhawks or any of that image/scene stuff; just four plain clothes guys disillusioned about the fucked up state of our world.  Fantastic band, and their musicians are quite talented.  Don't underestimate Joe Principe.  He's a good bassist. 

My favorite punk band is New Jersey's own The Degenerics.  Their live shows are so freaking intense.  Their music is speedy, raw, aggressive, and really intense.  They're also talented musicians and super nice guys too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:29:44 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: