Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 05:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319786 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Tokyo Game Show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Tokyo Game Show  (Read 5598 times)
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:01 AM »

LBP loving...

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »

Besides the booth babes and cosplayers, I mostly just want to see what the usual RPG suspects are up to, those being Square Enix, Atlus, NIS/Gust, Sega, Level 5, etc.  Ushiro by Level 5 has totally piqued my interest.

And if KID and Princess Soft are showing, I'd like to see what they have up their sleeves as far as visual novels go. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 02:38:50 PM »

Besides the booth babes and cosplayers, I mostly just want to see what the usual RPG suspects are up to, those being Square Enix, Atlus, NIS/Gust, Sega, Level 5, etc.

They're getting into the digital distribution business!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »

I like that Square Enix's conference was two hours of talking about nothing.  Enjoy your fail sandwich, it's made of Square and Enix.

NMH2 is great news though!

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 05:01:13 PM »

LBP loving...

LBP is made of all kinds of win.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 08:36:58 PM »

Some interesting news.  I must be the only person who really doesnt care about LBP.  I mean it looks fun for those who like that stuff, but for me its like bleh.  Itll be interesting to see if Halo 3 exp will be stand alone, or require the original, or exactly what they plan on doing with it.  Definately looks interesting though, and yeah i agree this is something of a wierd event to show it at, but hey, who knows.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

I'd be exited for LBP if my PS3 was connected to the internet. It seems most of the fun will come via online.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 09:34:43 PM »

I like that Square Enix's conference was two hours of talking about nothing.  Enjoy your fail sandwich, it's made of Square and Enix.

NMH2 is great news though!

At least we got a release date for Star Ocean 4.  The lack of FF13 info sucked, but wasn't surprised.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »

Monster Hunter 2nd G is coming to the U.S.!

Most exciting news from the entire show IMO.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 01:20:54 AM »

Yeah, Square Enix was almost a waste of time. Pretty trailers though. RPG news will be posted through official channels soon. In non-RPG related news...

I've beaten four Japanese guys at Street Fighter 4. I'm so proud. I used to be paranoid of Asian people at the arcades back on Long Island.

Resident Evil 5 is ridiculous. I don't care if it is racist. I'm buying that shit.

Dissidia isn't really my cup of tea. It plays like a weird version of Kingdom hearts. Doesn't have the tactile satisfaction of a good fighter. I dunno. Final Fantasy fans will drool over it, I'm sure, but I dunno. eh.

The new Naruto fighting game is probably the most beautifully animated game I've seen this generation.

Three more hours of show today. Still lots of stuff to try. I'll be here tomorrow and Sunday for the public days, but supposedly they get so crowded after the first couple of hours that there is no point. I want to see all the cosplayers and otaku. Some of them are already camped outside the venue since the lines get so long that you wait all day and never even get in.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »

No Atlus news, huh?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 04:54:23 AM »

No Atlus news, huh?

Nothing we didn't already know. They don't even have a booth. It's a shame. I just went through all the trouble of getting Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army for PS2 via Yahoo Japan auctions. That game is impossible to find in stores or retailers here for some reason. The sequel and the new version of Nocturne are coming out soon, so I want to beat this one. (I played the first Devil Summoner on PSP) I thought maybe there would be a demo or at least a booth or something here at the show, but nope.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:00 PM »

OK, fallout 3 is officially the game I'm looking forward to the most.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/21981
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:49:13 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 12:52:20 PM »

Dissidia isn't really my cup of tea. It plays like a weird version of Kingdom hearts. Doesn't have the tactile satisfaction of a good fighter. I dunno. Final Fantasy fans will drool over it, I'm sure, but I dunno. eh.

First day purchase for me even if it sucks, cause holy shit, Terra's been confirmed.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

The new Naruto fighting game is probably the most beautifully animated game I've seen this generation.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm for the PS3?  I checked out some videos after you mentioned it, and it does look pretty damn good.  I'm kinda surprised that it actually looks like a pretty good quality game that most fans of the series will probably enjoy.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: