Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 04:34:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338127 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Tokyo Game Show
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Tokyo Game Show  (Read 6148 times)
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »

Oh its gorgeous. Better than any of the new DBZ games. The cinematic special moves are fantastic, and there's a great variety of transformation and side character assist attacks. You get two guys who know what they're doing playing the game, and it looks just like you're watching the show.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2008, 02:45:40 AM »

so that's it?

no big announcements?
(besides Tekken 6 on the 360)

sigh...
that was a disappointment
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

so that's it?

no big announcements?

NO MORE HEROES 2 MOTHER FUCKER. Plus another Suda 51 game announced for the US!

Though there was also that Level 5 digital distribution PC/console thing, but I think that was so out of the blue and improbable it failed to process for anyone.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2008, 12:45:03 PM »

I really do think the heads at L5 have gone batshit insane. The Phantom tried this and immediately became the laughing stock of the industry. While digital delivery of content is the wave of the future (as in, our current time proceeding forward), a stand-alone device to ship said entertainment in and out of one's home is not a particularly good idea. The big three console wonderworkers have nailed down their own stores in town and your mom-and-pop setup simply isn't going to be competition. Fodder perhaps, like pylons and pedestrians are to drives with unchecked amounts of road rage, but not competition.

The other side of this is that their marketing and track record don't exactly inspire confidence. "ROID" reminds me a little too much of haemorrhoids or steroids, but very little of "droids", the latter of which is essentially the angle they want but will not achieve. While I do love some of what L5 does, there are games like Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy which are simply awful.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 12:47:40 PM by Hidoshi » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: