Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:11:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337900 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  I think my 360 is going to blow!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I think my 360 is going to blow!  (Read 1620 times)
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »

I had the weirdest thing happen tonight. I was playing online with a friend, a sports game, and all of the sudden my 360 beeped. Not from the speakers, but the system itself beeped. A split second later, the screen froze. I couldn't turn the system off via the controller, I had to do it via the console. I shut it down, and when I tried to start it up, it beeped again and froze on the 360 logo/startup screen. I turned it off again, started it up, did it again. The third time I got it started and on X Box live, but when I tried logging into the game servers, it did it again. Shut it down, went through the whole process, got online, told my buddy to set up a game, and he said "Huh... it says the EA servers are experiencing difficulty". He tried a second time and got in, but I couldn't.

Anyone ever heard of this? I did some research, and a lot pf people have had this happen, and they say it almost always means the red rings of death are coming. Haven't had them yet, just random lockups and the beeps.

On the x box website it says that clearing the hard drive's cach sometimes helps... anyone tried this?
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 01:17:36 AM »

Ah, nevermind. It's dead.

RIP Buddy's X-Box 360.
April 5th, 2006 - October 6, 2008
I hardly knew ye.

My buddy had the rrod a few months ago, they sent him a prelabelled shipping box... they said I have to get my own box, and they're emailing me a shipping label that I have to print out and tape to the box. Pain in the ass, since I don't have a printer.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 08:38:23 PM »

Yep, same exact thing happened to me, forunately my dad has the tools needed to repair it himself because since i bought it off ebay, I had to pay MS 100 bucks to get it fixed.  And my machine had already been fixed.  All my dad did was reseat and thermal paste the chips, and remove some washers that were added, and tada, fixed.  I havnt had a problem since, and I played ToV pretty intensively on it for like hours at a time, no problems. 

Best of luck getting yours fixed!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »

I had to send mine back about a year and a half ago and all i had to pay was shipping and I had it back in under two weeks so it wasn't too bad. If it happens again i'm just going to buy a 60 gig model.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »

Easier thing to do, if you dont mind keeping your 20gb HD, is just buy the arcade one, keep your 20gb hard drive, and tada.  Cheap 20gb 360 ^_^.  And not a thing illegal about it!

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: