Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 05:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Halo 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 3963 times)
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:46:50 PM »

ZOMG.

I am jizzing in my pants. The trailer is friggin' awesome. I am so getting me a 360. By 2007 anyways.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:06:25 PM »

I said it about Halo 2....and I'll say it again:

SNORE

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »

Each person has their own tastes I guess. It is quite dissapointing that the game comes in 2007. Hopefully no later than Summer of next year. Oh and if you want to talk about boring games, I recommend FF7 or Zelda (let the flak insue, but I'm serious when I say I don't like either).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 12:30:59 AM »

It took 3 years between the first two Halo games, I think November 2007 would be perfect timing. Personally, i've enjoyed the games, but I find them insanely overrated. :P
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 02:29:14 AM »

I'm the wierd type myself. Whenever I find a great game it usually ruins my apetite for all other in the genre or subfield  for the most part. I have yet to play a shooter that is as fun as Halo. I'm not big into the games like Rainbow 6 or even Call of duty for that matter. I like Halo because of the fact that you aren't killed in 1-2 shots, but the game can own you very fast. I did play Goldeneye a lot on N64 at a friends house on versus which was fun.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 01:00:06 AM »

I'm looking forward to it a lot but then again i got tired of Halo 2 after a month.  I dig the single player in Halo but as for online, i'm more of a tactical  Recon or Rainbow 6 player.  I'm expecting big things in terms of graphics though....let's hope for no clipping:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 03:17:42 AM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"

SNORE

quoted for truth

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 01:22:08 PM »

Quote from: "Esper_Crusader"
I'm expecting big things in terms of graphics though....let's hope for no clipping:P

I just hope the textures all load at once this time around...
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 02:27:44 PM »

I think the biggest reason for the problems in Halo 2, according to Bungie are a result of them not really working on the game until the last year and a half more or less before it was released. Apparently they spent to much time in the design stage. The clipping was horrible. Honestly they should have delayed it a little longer to get rid of that. I didn't play Halo 2 nearly the same amount I played Halo. I probably put about 100-200 hours into Halo 2. As for Halo, I probably put in a good 1500 hours into it. I too expect big things out of Halo 3. According to Gamespot when they interviewed Bungie, the graphics in their little teaser video was rendered in game visuals.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:45 AM »

I had a funny little man say that Halo 3 will be great since it's got Master Chief blowing shit up. Yes, I thought. And thats probably all it will have.
He wears the same armor.
He carries the same weapons.
He's fighting the same Covenant.
Of course, these points are inferred from the trailer, but I have a good feeling that I'll be right. I agree, that the series is overrated. hell, I think the genre of FPS is pretty much constant redundancy. It'll be nice for what it is, and it will sell a lot of units, but I don't think it'll convince any new customers to go to the 360- thats what people bought the 360 for.
And Microsoft gets to stare off into the abyss after Halo 3 comes out.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 12:22:20 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"

SNORE

What!?  n00b

Man, Halo is one of the best told game stories of our generation... DING DING DING fan boy alert!!!****** DING !!

V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 04:39:12 PM »

Quote from: "demifiend"
It'll be nice for what it is, and it will sell a lot of units, but I don't think it'll convince any new customers to go to the 360- thats what people bought the 360 for.

I think it will undoubtely sell a lot of 360s for Microsoft. I don't own a 360 as of now, but I'm surely getting one by the time this game is out. Not just for Halo, either; there are a bunch of great looking titles that have yet to be released (Gears of War, Fable 2, Bioshock, etc.).

Quote from: "demifiend"
And Microsoft gets to stare off into the abyss after Halo 3 comes out.

I highly doubt this will be the last Halo game.
Iolaus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:03:19 AM »

Honestly, for me, Oblivion, PSU, and Halo 3 justify my purchase of the 360. I'm not big on shooters that aren't first person. I don't know why. Hell I don't even care for Call of Duty 2 or FPS' like that. As for whether this will be the last Halo game, I have no idea and at this point I could care less. I just hope they do a better job on Halo 3 than Halo 2. The only complaint I had with Halo 2 which I probably mentioned before and has been mentioned, is the constant clipping and late loading of textures. It was just frequently horrible, and is unexcusable. I didn't have a problem with the ending myself. I think it'd be awesome if they bring back the pistol with the scope, that weapon was great. I loved the battle rifle in the second game though.

On a side note, I'm sure GTA will help them in the sales department a bit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: