Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 03:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334713 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  StarCraft II: How to completely rob Korea in three easy steps.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: StarCraft II: How to completely rob Korea in three easy steps.  (Read 1936 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »

What the fuck, Blizzard.

I guess it's good that they're letting you play multiplayer with all three races, but this whole "three stand-alone games" has me scratching my head.  Do people really want thirty campaign missions per faction?  I could barely get through Warcraft 3's nine or ten without getting majorly bored. :P

Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »

No mention of the price? I doubt they'll cost 40$ each, now that would be a ripoff.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:41:37 AM »

Having played StarCraft II at BlizzCon:

I'll buy it.

All of it.

Twice.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 12:40:23 PM »

So will all of Korea and the rest of the world, which will shortly become knowing AS Korea due to a slavish obeisance to our new digital master race.

Except North Korea. Starcraft II shall be declared an illegal insurgent device designed to deceive people into thinking The Party is an evil entity. Clearly The Party is represented by the Zerg, and the Zerg are the enemy, therefore Starcraft wants you to believe The Party is the enemy and therefore evil. It must be expunged.

The minute North Korea institutes its tyrannical ban of Starcraft II, there will be four BILLION simultaneous rebellions which will cause the entire country to collapse like a flan in a cupboard and Kim Jong Il's head to explode into one massive bad hairdo.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 04:32:29 PM »

Im not a big fan of multiplayer with RTS, in fact the only thing I like about them are the Single Player campaigns, and I loved the original Starcraft and Brood War campaigns, so for me, this is great news.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 03:41:44 AM »

Yeah, same here. I like war/starcraft single player a lot. I never did get into the multiplayer much. I like to play defensively and that's just not what wins. Yeah, I'd like to turtle up and prepare a fleet of battleships and get my Admiral Adama on, but those hydralisks are going to be here long before that happens.

So good news for me, but I think the majority wants the multiplayer and while blizz is sounding a bit vague in that article it sounds like they're getting the shaft on this.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:47:43 AM by Raze » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »

Much the same kind of player Raze is here, I build up a large base and send in the super-troops, and that never works online. Every time I've played a Blizzard RTS online it was under custom maps like TD or DotA.

As long as they keep the story at a good pace, instead of taking a story and stretching it over 30 missions instead of 10, I'm game.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 08:23:42 PM »

Yeah im the same.  When I played, I almost always died first, in fact if it wasnt a custom map (like RE, or Lord of the Rings, or something) I died first.  Im just horrble at it.  But I think multiplayer are getting a good deal from what ive read.  You get the full mutliplayer with the first one, and each game will add some new units, but I doubt players with the new units can play with htose who dont, and they said they will price things based on what they feel its worth.  So if it feels like an expanion, then they will price it as an expansion, and granted Blizz is part of activision now, I think they can commit to something like that.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 05:32:06 PM »

I always sucked against human player at Starcraft. I don't even know if I've ever won a battle when playing alone on b.net. I still liked the game, despite my suckage.

I was pretty good on Warcraft 3 though... and then DOTA came and ruined b.net.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »

I never could stand Starcraft. I played single player and I Koreans try and teach me to play. (I should be awesome! But I still suck at it!)

This just smacks of opportunism and greed. With that and monetising Battle.net, ActiBlizzard seems like they're sucking up all the money they can.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: