Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:42:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335169 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii to have a Classic controller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Wii to have a Classic controller  (Read 6260 times)
invinciblegod

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:01:31 PM »

It doesn't look like the shell controller they talked about last year but still, it looks to be SNESlicious.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/09/nintendo-shows-off-wii-remote/
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 09:05:49 PM »

Well, if Sony stole motion sensing from Nintendo, I guess it's only fair that Nintendo steals Sony's controller design. >_>

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »

Quote from: "invinciblegod"
It doesn't look like the shell controller they talked about last year but still, it looks to be SNESlicious.

That shell controller wasn't Nintendo's idea, but rather IGN's concept art. If you pay attention to the details, you could tell that not only was it photoshopped, but it couldn't work anyway.
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

This looks like a good alternative for people who might be a little intimidated by the nunchacku controller.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 09:28:56 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
Well, if Sony stole motion sensing from Nintendo, I guess it's only fair that Nintendo steals Sony's controller design. >_>

It's an SNES controller with two sticks on it. The placement of analog sticks is all that is identical, as every single controller on the market follows the four-buttons-and-a D-Pad format. Plus, it's got no grips, just an SNES look to it, and only two shoulder buttons.

Hardly a rip off. :P
invinciblegod

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

That shell controller wasn't Nintendo's idea, but rather IGN's concept art. If you pay attention to the details, you could tell that not only was it photoshopped, but it couldn't work anyway.

I know it was probably photoshopped. But I thought that nintendo hinted at a shell controller, not THAT specific one. Either that, or IGN flat out lied for no good reason (I doubt that somewhat).
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 10:02:09 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

I know it was probably photoshopped. But I thought that nintendo hinted at a shell controller, not THAT specific one. Either that, or IGN flat out lied for no good reason (I doubt that somewhat).

Well, they may have intended just that originally, but plans changed for whatever reason. Glad it isn't that shell anyway; button layout's great for GC games but just isn't as practical for a good number of older games.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 10:46:45 PM »

I believe this would be the time to ask the question many people are asking: Twilight Princess: GCN version with classic controller or Wii Version with Remote and Nunchuck? From the video shown at the Nintendo Press Conference the Wii version seems a bit less clean interface wise (with that fairy flying around among other things) compared to the gamecube screens we have seen before. Also, I happen to prefer my zelda experience to be pretty standard, not too far from the ordinary.

My vote right now goes to the Gamecube with Classic Controller option, but should they decide to allow players to use the classic controller with the Wii version, I'd play that one. Anyone else?
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 10:51:34 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
I believe this would be the time to ask the question many people are asking: Twilight Princess: GCN version with classic controller or Wii Version with Remote and Nunchuck? From the video shown at the Nintendo Press Conference the Wii version seems a bit less clean interface wise (with that fairy flying around among other things) compared to the gamecube screens we have seen before. Also, I happen to prefer my zelda experience to be pretty standard, not too far from the ordinary.

My vote right now goes to the Gamecube with Classic Controller option, but should they decide to allow players to use the classic controller with the Wii version, I'd play that one. Anyone else?

Yeah, I see it taking me a while to get used to the new nunchuck controller. So, should I not like it or something I could totally see myself using the classic controller design for the new Wii games.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 11:01:47 PM »

If possible, I'd probably be an ass and get both versions. We've been waiting forever on the GC game, but I really want to check out the Wii features too.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »

Im still a bit intimidated by the motion sensor controller.  It seems a bit confusing, but it looks liek it can be fun.

I was a bit weirded out though when the the Zelda Twilight Princess demo showed Link upside down, and the player upside down [on his couch] with the motion sense controller. =S

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 11:59:11 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"

Even though Sony basically used the design of the SNES controller for the Playstation's controller.

Oh shit.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 02:51:49 AM »

Heh, that controller is adorable. I always loved the SNES pad, so I think this is a great way to go. You guys think this thing will be packed in with the Wii, or will we have to buy it separately?

As for which version of Zelda I'll get - the Wii one. I've never been a big Zelda fan, so I'm hoping the new controller will actually make it fun to play :P
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 02:40:55 PM »

Okay just saw a Wii Promotional video Click Me
I want one now.
Seriously those games looked awesome.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:19:27 PM »

Hey look, it /does/ plug into the wiimote! Just... not as intuitively as the IGN photoshop.

Edit: Looking in the reflection it looks like there's two buttons on the underside.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: