Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 04:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329270 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wii to have a Classic controller
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Wii to have a Classic controller  (Read 6086 times)
Superflat
Podcast Mom
Posts: 1179


Member
*


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 08:54:14 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Edit: Looking in the reflection it looks like there's two buttons on the underside.


Good call man. Maybe those will be used for the Genesis games. The genesis had 6 face buttons, right? I never owned one.
Logged
Eusis
Administrator
Posts: 11794


Member
*


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 09:00:30 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Quote from: "Eusis"

Edit: Looking in the reflection it looks like there's two buttons on the underside.


Good call man. Maybe those will be used for the Genesis games. The genesis had 6 face buttons, right? I never owned one.

The Genesis's normal controller had a directional pad, a start button, and 3 face buttons, and they later released a 6 button one, primarily used by fighting games, which had a Mode button in case a 3 button game had issues. As such, they could just use the L/R buttons for the fifth and sixth buttons, and the select button as the mode button, if not flat out ignore that and make the detection automatic/recode to be a non-issue.
Logged
Jimmy
Posts: 1013


Wakens the Ferine Strain

Member
*


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 10:34:41 PM »

Quote from: "Lyonaz"
Okay just saw a Wii Promotional video Click Me
I want one now.
Seriously those games looked awesome.


Holy shit.

Yea, I agree. I was sold for sure with Metroid Prime and that swordfighting game. That looked flippin' sweet. For the most part Zelda looked more like it would use the Wii controller as an extra gimmick aside from the fishing, so I'll likely stick with the Cube or the classic controller for that one. I was also glad to see the lock-on would still be a part of the Metroid game (looked like it to me anyway) because that was my biggest problem with Hunters. Though aiming would probably be a lot easier with the Wii controller than the stylus. But I still want lock-on.

As if the downloadable oldschool games weren't enough to convince me to buy one, seeing this stuff merits a preorder.
Logged
Degolas
Posts: 1973


Member
*

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 09:27:54 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
Quote from: "Lyonaz"
Okay just saw a Wii Promotional video Click Me
I want one now.
Seriously those games looked awesome.


Holy shit.

Yea, I agree. I was sold for sure with Metroid Prime and that swordfighting game. That looked flippin' sweet. For the most part Zelda looked more like it would use the Wii controller as an extra gimmick aside from the fishing, so I'll likely stick with the Cube or the classic controller for that one. I was also glad to see the lock-on would still be a part of the Metroid game (looked like it to me anyway) because that was my biggest problem with Hunters. Though aiming would probably be a lot easier with the Wii controller than the stylus. But I still want lock-on.

As if the downloadable oldschool games weren't enough to convince me to buy one, seeing this stuff merits a preorder.


Completely agreed. Nintendo have provided me with more than enough reasons to get the console at launch, a first for me. It's biggest selling point for me is the lower price (OK, we don't know what it is yet, but we know it'll be significantly lower than the 360 or PS3.)
Logged

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Phoenix's Rage
Guest

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:33:46 AM »

Will Wii games be compatible with both the TV remote and this SNES style controller? Also I'd like to buy Zelda on launch with my new Wii, but there's no way I want to play with the TV remote like they demonstrated at E3. Does anyone know if Zelda Wii will incorporate use of the standard controller?
Logged
Cauton
Posts: 655


Member
*

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 09:59:39 AM »

From the sounds of it it's entirely up to the developers wheter the game will support the SNES controller or not. Regarding Twilight Princess, I must say that after watching the E3 demonstration there's no way I'll play the Wii version. That fairy that represents the location of the pointer is way too fucking annoying, and I kept starting at it and couldn't concentrate on the actual gameplay.
Logged
Phoenix's Rage
Guest

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »

I'm the same as you Cauton. I just realized I could buy the GCN version and just play it on my Wii with a GCN controller, but no way in hell am I playing with the wand.
Logged
Superflat
Podcast Mom
Posts: 1179


Member
*


View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 09:23:58 PM »

Quote from: "Phoenix's Rage"
I'm the same as you Cauton. I just realized I could buy the GCN version and just play it on my Wii with a GCN controller, but no way in hell am I playing with the wand.


Hopefully there will be a way to turn the fairy off (or at least make it stop following your pointer). One thing to be noted, however, is the following Q&A taken from a Kotaku interview:

How different is playing Zelda TP on the Wii versus the Gamecube?
Miyamoto: In terms of the experience, the interface is different. I've gotten used to the Wii controller with Zelda and incapable of going back to the Gamecube. The 16:9 widescreen is obviously a big difference. With a game like Zelda, seeing more of the landscape is important. Obviously on the Gamecube version, the sides will be cropped in 4:3.
(Full interview available here: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/e306-super-smash-bros-brawl-qa-173071.php)

For me, the widescreen and 480p would sell me a Wii version, especially considering my TV makes pretty much anything non-HD look pretty bad. Then again, if Miyamoto could get used to it, maybe I could too...?
Logged
Krelian
Posts: 305


Member
*

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 07:08:51 AM »

i prefer the normal than the nunchaku xD, i really prefer the standard pad,s than the strange project basically. I think nintendo make good in take the risk to make a new experience player,s , maybe then i played with wii, i change the opinion but for  the moment not. And uhm, anyone had thought how will be the faqs of the games of wii? xD, is pretty stupid , but when we read the faq,s  , what they will write "take the pad this form, and hit to right  360 grades Oo"
Logged

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  



Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!