Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:08:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319583 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Strap it on.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strap it on.  (Read 1087 times)
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2008, 01:30:34 AM »

Simple topic.

What is the average length of a guitar strap?

What is the longest strap available for purchase?

You'd think this info would be easy to find on the internet, but I searched for an hour and got shit.  :P

Yes, I'm in the market for a new guitar strap for my lovely new geetar.  Looking for one that is retardedly long and hopefully leather and somewhat decently wide.  Longest one I have found is 72 inches.

PLEASE HELP THE INTERNET IS NOT WORKING SO WELL.

(Debated on whether this belongs in the Soundroom or Helper Monkey...  You can move it if you like.  :P)

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

72" is the longest I've been able to come across, and only then it was the one you told me about.  Kepur straps are the longest I've used and their website http://www.coreoneproduct.com/pages/kepurweb/kepurhome.html says the longest ones are 62". 

Kepur straps are awesome.  Really heavy duty stuff.  My Warwick bass is probably 10 pounds and my 3" wide Kepur 5.zero strap rocks my socks (I have one with the sparrow).  The 1.zero straps are 2" wide and have more variety of designs on them.  The serpent one's pretty badass.  I actually had to modify my strap so it'd be shorter.  It's perfect now.  I'd recommend Kepur straps to anyone.  I dance around with my bass, jump into the crowd, and writhe around on the floor whenever I perform, plus my bass is heavy so I need a strap that won't quit.   (Straplocks help too; I like the Dunlop ones.)

I think Ernie Ball PolyPro superlong guitar straps are 68" at the longest, but they're cloth based. 

Most leather straps I'm aware of like Levy's or Moody's are 54"-60" at longest.  Moody straps are insanely expensive.  Levy's are a better value for the money, though they don't come cheap either. 

EDIT:  for reference, shortest bass straps I've seen were 33"-35" or so.  The shortest bass Comfort Strapp goes from 33"-37."  By contrast, the guitar ones start out longer.  http://comfortstrapp.com/products.htm

It's funny how the strap's the most overlooked aspect of a guitar or bass player's arsenal.  A good strap wards off back pain, that's for sure.  Never skimp on straps or strings:P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:10:34 AM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: