Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:41:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334793 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  New Alliance Race Will Be... The Draenei!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Alliance Race Will Be... The Draenei!  (Read 5629 times)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »

Quote from: "Rico"
+hit is pretty underrated, as is +weapon skill.  Most raid mobs are higher than the player cap of level 60, and raid bosses so far are set at level 63, meaning you need somewhere around 7% +hit to be able to get down to the regular 5% missrate.  

That's by far the best racial of the draenei race to my mind.  It'll work really nicely for raid settings.  Though said bonus sort of makes a few race combinations somewhat obsolete (why bother with a dwarf or a human paladin when a draenei paladin blows both away in terms of usefulness?).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 02:13:33 PM »

I get called a noob all the time in raids for my +8% to hit on my combat rogue.

Then I destroy them all in actual damage in raids.

It's fun.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 03:48:43 PM »

Depending on how the heal that they have scales, it could make them awesome hunters. If it is doing 300 at 60, that is a decent boost to your pet while you try to mend them while soloing. Hell, that is decent for any of the classes that they can be. Is it game breaking? No. Is it super awesome? No. Is it useful? It probably will be.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »

I bet you use Slice and Dice, too.  God, everyone knows real rogues don't do white damage.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 04:30:07 PM »

I bet you use Slice and Dice, too.  God, everyone knows real rogues don't do white damage.

Slice and Dice and Blade Flurry.

I'm a maniac.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 06:37:41 AM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Depending on how the heal that they have scales, it could make them awesome hunters. If it is doing 300 at 60, that is a decent boost to your pet while you try to mend them while soloing. Hell, that is decent for any of the classes that they can be. Is it game breaking? No. Is it super awesome? No. Is it useful? It probably will be.

Someone claimed that it will be roughly equivalent to the Druid fast-cast HoT.

How's THAT for handy?  Healing in a pinch, all the time.  Probably on a 3 minute cooldown, though.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »

Which, for reference, is about 190 a tick for four ticks.  Would be pretty crazy if they gave it the +healing modifier... would not want to fight Draenei Paladins for 6 hours (SHAMAN PVP LOL).  400+ Rejuvenation ticks in MC gear and all.
Gearhead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 02:36:03 PM »

How to build a better brick.

- Kickin it old school? ... Or something...
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 08:23:59 AM »

Horde get Gay Elves and we get FUCKING SPACE DEMONS I guess I can live with that. The better trade is that all the idiot alliance on my server will go play Blood Elves and maybe we'll have sub-1 hour queue times oh god oh god OH GOD

I can wish.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »

It's not a Space Ship, it's a Dimension Ship.  Lore concerns averted lolol
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »

It's not a Space Ship, it's a Dimension Ship.  Lore concerns averted lolol

Fuck you I'm calling it a dimensional space ship.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 05:41:07 PM »

Would be pretty crazy if they gave it the +healing modifier... would not want to fight Draenei Paladins for 6 hours

I would be surprised if it didn't apply...which is bad because like you said, a battle with a well-geared draenei paladin would take forever. :p  

Quote from: "Ark"
The better trade is that all the idiot alliance on my server will go play Blood Elves and maybe we'll have sub-1 hour queue times oh god oh god OH GOD

Doubtful.  Most people aren't willing to abandon their 60 characters to switch sides, and even fewer would want to start from scratch and keep to the new characters for a main.  I'm sure people will have some lowbie alts for both races just to check them out (and with a 50 character limit, why not? :P), but space berries have been given sufficient coolness that my suspicion is that the blood elves won't really attract much attention (other than the inevitable nerf Arcane Torrent posts that have already been in full force on the official forums).  However, those queue times MAY become a reality when Blizzard starts those cross-realm queues in...er...1.12?  At any rate they can't get worse than they currently are for alliance PVEers. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: