Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 11:49:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327853 Posts in 13421 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  E3: Not a virgin anymore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E3: Not a virgin anymore  (Read 2557 times)
Anniyah

BriannonWHM
View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 10, 2006, 04:17:22 PM »

Well ok so maybe that was a bit suggestive.  Sorry for the mental image let down.  However, CONGRATULATIONS to me!  Some of you guys may know me and some of you are probably thinkin "who the hell is Anniyah?".  I am tenchi's (stephens') girlfriend and the lucky person who got to tag along to E3 under the guise of press photographer.

So far we have had great luck with the exception of parking (damn you IHOP for making us late and costing us $50).  We've got a nice hotel, a huge car, and lots of cool ppl to hang with.  No drunken orgy's but its only wedesday people....there's still time.

As far as E3 goes (for those of you who are like me and usually experience it through the articles) its a dimly lit treasure chest that doubles secretly as a game obsession paradise.  Ok so maybe its not really a secret per say, I mean there are only like 50 billion people here but who's counting?  Lets just put it this way, while hunting down people I know (yes I got lost in the first 5 minutes), I was squeezed against my will through a crowd of people and found first hand that someone in the world out there still hasn't found out about the benifits of personal hygene.  Smells aside, this place is awesome!!!  You step into a room that could house at least a football field or two, and all around you are twenty foot screens, booths with workers handing out kick ass swag, andconsoles for playing any and every type of game you could imagine.  Though I will say there is a slight let down, as there are not so many half naked booth babes this year.  No I'm not a lesbian and no I'm not bi, but I do know a hot girl when I see one and so far I've only found one, a brunette nurse in fishnets and heels (pictures to come I swear).  The buzz here is contagious and you can't help but get excited.  We have some great interviews happening in the next few days and quite a few kick ass photos that should be posted shortly, but for now I'm gonna end this post. I was told I'd have to do a write up after we leave and I don't wanna use all my good stories.  

Post questions or comments if you like.  I'll be checkin in here and there while I guard our PC's, chairs, and gear in the press room and would love to answer anything I can for you guys.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:04:19 PM »

Mark here, taking over for Anniyah on media room duty. While she and Stephen check out the show floor, let me just say, the show this year is truly incredible. it blows away last year and the year before, partly because we're seeing two next-gen consoles on site, but also because of how many big-ticket titles are available to see and play. Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Final Fantasy XII, Phantasy Star Universe (on both PS2 and PC[!]), and of course, my beloved Disgaea 2. Atop these, non-RPG fans can look forward to things like Trauma Centre 2 (on the Wii[!]) and Tales of the Abyss (yes, it's on its way[!!]).

Now, like Anniyah said, there are relatively few booth babes this year -- Thank God. It's much easier to navigate the show floor this year, especially where the Tecmo booth is concerned (last year, if you'll recall, I referred to this as the booth whose boobies shall end the world). But a few select booths still had their sexy mamas out, not the least of which were the Trauma Centre 2 girls at Atlus/NIS.

Speaking of things that have me excited... I'm totally all over PSU now. From the few minutes playing the PC version, I can tell you it's going to be a sweet, sweet experience. It's come light years from what last E3 had to show, and Sega should be proud. Enough Sonic derivatives (though the new Sonic on PS3 looks quite sweet), push PSU hard. It just screams "play meeeee!!!"

Show floor aside, I'm just having a great time being back with the 'fan in person. I came in Monday night, got picked up by John and Damian (who had no pants until John lent him a pair -- I'm sure Damian can explain why himself), then it was off to the hotel to see Chrissy and Mike. next day we got to meet Stephen, Emily, and Pat. No problems this year, and while some of us are making up for a lack of Rob (we miss you Rob!), we're fairly happy how coherent the personal side of the show has been.

More as it develops.

P.S. EXCITE TRUCK!!!
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:43:55 PM »

Yo yo yo!

This is actually Chrissy/Sango as opposed to Damian; I think my account died; I guess that happens on occasion when you never log in. >>;;  Fancy that. >>;;

Anyways, I'm in the Media room now & it's full of EXCITEMENT!, except not 'cause it's just the Media room.  But else where there are 5 HALLS OF EXCITEMENT!!!  I know this because a sign told me so.  Words don't lie.

So, other than losing our friggen' luggage, things are going well.  I won a sweatshirt from Mountain Dew before even entering the door this morning, which is great 'cause I don't have any clothes.  Then Dami & I rushed over to get an appointment with Natsume, which will happen tomorrow.  Harvest Moon DS is looking sweet; you can marry a witch & a mermaid & whatnot.  Then we slid over to Square-Enix's booth and gots some slimes.  Children of Mana and Dawn of Mana look like fun cookies for the eating.  I saw some toys; lots of keyblades and shizzle, Advent Children kiddies, you know.  There's also some summon and monster toys that are going to be out this fall, including an end-boss version Kefka, which I think I want, 'cause I don't want any of the other stuff.

I got to go to Atlus this year!!  So exciting!!  I got a big 'ol Jack Frost note pad thingie.  Very sexay.  And Bumpy Trot soundtracks.  Wheeeeeee!  I like getting stuff.  We saw oodles of stuff; there's gonna be new Trauma Center for the Wii, but I guess we're not coving it; same with Rule of Rose.  That's a game about creepy lil girls lifting up their skirts and killing people on zepplins.  I guess I'll go over the actual games we're going over on some official thing, but there were a lot, so get excited!!  Yay exclamation marks!!!!  I think I'm gonna try to be productive now, so wish me luck. o:

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 06:53:42 PM »

Real Damian here, and now that the show is about over, I think it's time to give a wrap up of operations here at E32K6.

Pro: Fewer booth babes for reasons Mark mentioned.
Con: Booth BOYS for Christine to get pictures with.
Pro: Atlus showing, Devil Summoner, Persona 3, and Trauma Center.
Con: Atlus showing Contact and Deep Labyrinth
Pro: Signed lithograph by Kazuma Kaneko & Signed Oblivion strat guide by Todd Howard
Con: Light swag in Kentia this year
Pro: Getting to play Wii
Con: Standing on line for two and a half hours to play Wii for 10 min.
Pro: Danish companies with awesome MMOs and free beer.
Con: Korean companies with games focusing around girls dieting.
Pro: New Might & Magic game looking almost as good as Oblivion but with even more actions the main character can take with their bodies and environment.
Con: New Shadowrun game being a F***ING FPS and rewriting the game's mythos.
Pro: Awesome PR folks such as Grahm Markay (Natsume), Zach Meston (Atlus), and Jack Niida (NIS)
Cons: Dumb blonde PR know-nothings from Capcom and Bandai Namco's Japanese MMOs.
Pro: Cool looking non-mainstream MMOs with free trials such as EVE Online and SEED.
Con: Shitty mainstream MMOs such as Everquest II and Lineage.
Pro: The Wii controller
Con: The PS3 controller
Pro: Graphics on FF12
Con: Graphics on FF3
Pro: Koei in West Hall with playable titles (Gitaroo Man PSP port!)
Con: SNK in Concourse with titles playable by appointment only (Metal Slug Collection, KOF ;_;)
Pro: Free food & drink at Natsume, Atlus, Runestone, and Mythic
Con: Bloated prices at the cafeteria
Pro: No problem finding places for wireless access at show
Con: Big problem finding parking
Pro: Cool DS/GBA titles
Con: Awful Cell Phone titles
And finally...

PRO: RPGFan Staff members getting together and having lots of fun
CON: People having to leave early

Later.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 07:06:10 PM »

Quote from: "Sensei Phoenix"
Con: Atlus showing Contact and Deep Labyrinth
Con: Graphics on FF3

The hell's wrong with you? Contact looks awesome, and FFIII has some damn nice graphics. :P

Con: New Shadowrun game being a F***ING FPS and rewriting the game's mythos.

As if my thread in Misc wasn't enough... concurred.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 08:49:42 PM »

No. Contact sucks. Trust us on this one. FFIII I disagree with Damian on, but where things are hot, Contact is so not.

And yeah. Shadowrun is ghey.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 09:16:54 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
No. Contact sucks. Trust us on this one. FFIII I disagree with Damian on, but where things are hot, Contact is so not.

Mind explaining what the problems with Contact were? It sounds fine from the previews, outside of the auto battle.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »

Combat is probably the biggest problem. It's really simple and bland. We're talking Ogre Battle bland. Tap the stylus on an enemy, kid attacks, done. It's like Diablo on auto-battle, which isn't a good thing. The Earthbound vibe people have been talking about is present, but it's not nearly as funny. Oh and the experience system is way too close to Final Fantasy II for my liking. Way too close.

It's not all bad, but it's not that good. It's probably a rental if anything.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 10:42:43 PM »

Ah, read about that stuff too. I'll probably wait and see what others say, but I'm still pretty interested in it.

Deep Labyrinth has my interest due to the people working on it, though it doesn't look too great... But what the hell at the cover art. Not that it's bad or anything... But it looks like something out of the 16-bit era, which is pretty damn strange given Atlus.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 08:40:37 AM »

I would buy a PSP if the new Gitaroo Man was a sequel. It may have some new enemies, but I can't justify buying a PSP for a port.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 08:57:22 PM »

Since my brother has a PSP, Gitaroo man PSP port is as good as mine *drools*

Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 09:25:04 PM »

FF3 I'll reneg on, since the problem was the monitor I was playing on at the show, but aside from what Mark said about Contact, it also has really poor controls when using the d-pad, which I think, even though it uses the stylus, shouldn't be so awful.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »

Anniyah... a virgin? Hahahahahahahahahaha! JUST KIDDING! :P

Glad you had fun, guys. It seemed like it was a really good year for E3... until I heard the cost of the PS3's. Haha! I think the only disappointments I read about was Shadowrun and PSU being delayed again. lol

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 05:31:54 PM »

Shadowrun was probably the biggest "WTF" when we got the news. I think a lot of us either played Shadowrun or know enough about it that the idea of an FPS was wholly distasteful. Shadowrun is one of the few childhood things that still looks and feels good in our adult years (unlike say, certain 80's cartoons) and to see it mangled this way... Ugh.

I mean, we may be calling it early, but Shadowrun as an FPS I just can't grok.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: