Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 11:10:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319313 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Hard Drive Troubles
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hard Drive Troubles  (Read 1395 times)
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »

I just got back from a weekend at my friends place and I brought my external so he could give me a few files.  While I stayed there I used the external on his desktop and laptop and it worked fine the whole weekend.  After I get back the laptop is acting up.  The files are all recognized and I can access it, but if I try to open up the hard drive in an explorer window and browse through the files an error msg comes up saying I'm missing "o2g.exe""  when I looked up what that program was I got a site saying it was malware.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  Is there anyway to remedy this?  I've tried reinstalling the drivers and it still isn't working. 
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:52:18 PM »

I'm not on a windows machine at the moment so I can't recall the exact names and terms, but you could try this:

Run scandisk (i think that's the name) and check ALL the options.  Have it repair corrupted files, have it search for bad sectors, etc.  It may not work, but it's worked for me in the past when my files disappeared off my second drive (also I'm aware our problems are different, but it might work regardless).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: