Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2014, 09:27:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337758 Posts in 13830 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fallout 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 28188 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »

Who's checking it out? I'll be waiting until Christmas, I don't think I really want a massive game like that right now. Reviews are pretty good though, but this seems to be one of the more level headed ones and actually addresses how this follows up 1&2.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:58:32 PM by Eusis » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 02:42:44 PM »

Bought the PS3 version of Fallout 3. I don't care about DLC (neither of my systems are even connected to the internet), and I like the PS3's controller more than the 360's, henceforth, I got the PS3 one.

I'm about an hour and a half in, and I don't know if it's my SDTV, but this game looks like an Xbox game.

The VATS system is good and is helpful if you have an enemy trying to bullrush you, though in the beginning of the game, the enemies are so weak it's not a necessity.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

The PS3 version is the worst version according to the reviews I have seen. It got an 8.5/10 and the 360 version got a 9/10 on GS, and IGN gave the PS3 version a 9.4/10 and the 360 version a 9.6/10. Apparently the graphics are worse, there's more visual glitches, and other stuff related to graphics like missing textures etc... I'll be buying the 360 version today.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:02:46 PM by Blace » Logged

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »

There's a copy of this sitting in my car right now.

I'm at class :-(

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Kyle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »

I feel for you. I'm at school too. I can't play until I get home, and it's making me crazy!

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 04:17:26 PM »

Class comes every day; new Fallouts come way less often than that.  Your priorities are fucked up. :P

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:37:54 PM »

My lunch box is sitting next to me while I install it on my work PC >.> muahahahahahahaha
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »

I pre-ordered the 360 version and have been impressing people at work with my awesome lunch box and bobble-head. I was going to get the pc version but I didn't think I would have a good enough computer as my decent computer died a few months ago and of course two weeks ago I bought a boss computer (I'm pretty sure the kids still describe things as being boss). As it stands I'll probalby try it out on computer one way or another at a later time.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 11:37:30 PM »

I'll definitely be getting the PS3 version. I doubt that my PC could run it, and I don't have a 360.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 01:22:47 AM »

I'm on a mission to play through the first two Fallouts before I head onto the third one. Hopefully Bethesda will have announced what the deal with PC mod support is, and I'll be able to make a decision as to which version to get (PC vs. 360). I'm curious to know how it is though.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »

Well im about to start it.  I think its gonna be fun.  But damn are fallout fans some of the whiniest, most obnoxious fanboys in the gamersphere.  Holy freakin shit.  Granted im sure Bethesda could have done better in regards, but in terms of pleasing the fanbase, the only choice they pretty much had was making Fallout 2 with a new story.  Cause god forbid they change from the engines or anything else! 

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:59:22 AM »

Well im about to start it.  I think its gonna be fun.  But damn are fallout fans some of the whiniest, most obnoxious fanboys in the gamersphere.  Holy freakin shit.  Granted im sure Bethesda could have done better in regards, but in terms of pleasing the fanbase, the only choice they pretty much had was making Fallout 2 with a new story.  Cause god forbid they change from the engines or anything else! 

Halo fanboys are the worst, buddy.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »

I can't wait to play it. I've been looking forward to it for months. Pretty sure it will be game of the year for me.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kyle
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 03:06:53 PM »

But damn are fallout fans some of the whiniest, most obnoxious fanboys in the gamersphere.

Oh yeah. I love the first two Fallout games, but I'm willing to give this one a try. There were even "professional" websites, primarily No Mutants Allowed, that condemned the game without even playing it. I couldn't believe the corruption. Well, they're fools any way for believing only in the past.

"The things that make us happy make us wise."
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »

I stand by Tycho Brahe: It's not "real" Fallout, but it could never be. Black Isle is gone. Either way, it'll do, and it's not a bad product to begin with. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: