Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335309 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Another video game movie coming - this time it's Metal Gear
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Another video game movie coming - this time it's Metal Gear  (Read 5198 times)
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 05:10:12 AM »

I enjoyed the story in every MGS game, especially MGS2.

people just hated raiden and that's why MGS2 became infamous. I think Raiden was a pretty damn great character and make MGS2 original and unpredictable. Kojima is a king.

Now I can't wait to see Raiden in MGS4.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 05:14:31 AM »

Well, we don't really know whether the movie will follow the story of any of the games, or if it'll be a totally new storyline. I hope for the latter.

As for casting, the choice is obvious: Hugh Jackman dubbed over by David Hayter.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 06:11:08 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
As for casting, the choice is obvious: Hugh Jackman dubbed over by David Hayter.

I was about to post exactly that until I clicked the second page and saw this. If it isn't David Hayter's voice, it isn't Metal Gear anymore.
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 05:36:35 PM »

Hugh Jackman can pull off playing Solid Snake, but I think Jason Statham would be a better choice. He already has a similar voice to David, and we all know he can kick ass.

Really, if they were gonna do a movie and use David Hayter's voice, then they have to make it an animated/CGI type of movie, because seeing a known actor with a voice-over by David will just make it look really stupid.

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 06:53:35 PM »

Quote from: "Dio"
Hugh Jackman can pull off playing Solid Snake, but I think Jason Statham would be a better choice. He already has a similar voice to David, and we all know he can kick ass.

Ugh. I think Jason Statham would be a horrible choice.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Phoenix's Rage

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 07:55:35 PM »

I second that. Statham looks nothing like Solid Snake, and has a far too British accent.

Hugh Jackman would be great for the part.
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 10:14:21 PM »

I think it could work if Hugh Jackman could change his voice to sound to sound like Snake.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »

I had no idea Hugh Jackman was 6'2" go ahead. I want Christian Bale for Liquid though.

Steve Buscemmi as Mantis for no goddamned reason. I like this.
Dio

... I'm not Dead.

SummonerDio@msn.com Diobility Diobility
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 01:10:05 AM »

Hugh Jackman doesn't look like Solid Snake, either... unless you throw some facial hair on him... but you can probably do that with almost any average white dude. Heh. It doesn't matter though, if they put Hugh or some other famous actor as Snake and dub Hayter's voice over it, it would look really lame.

Seriously, they should get an unknown actor for his role or just name the movie animated... like FFVII:AC style. Maybe they can hire Square. :P

Infinite.Bit Radio
Dedicated station to actual video game and anime music from various soundtracks. No radio show podcasts or anything like that... Just pure 100% music. Old, new and remade tracks is what you'll hear from us.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

This is like saying that they should put a voice-over on Phillip Seymour Hoffman because he doesn't sound exactly like Capote. Have some faith in actors. If Jackman could play a flamboyant gay guy on broadway, I think he could go the other extreme for MGS. Snake's voice can't be that hard to do for the guy who played Wolverine.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 10:05:19 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Quote from: "Azrael"
Quote from: "Galactic"
Kurt Russel for the win?

^_-;

If he wasn't so old he would be awesome....

Big Trouble in Little China
Escape from NY

NEED I SAY MORE

I agree completely, 10-15 years ago he'd have been perfect.

Don't forget that Snake is very old in Metal Gear Solid. Over 50-60 years old. He's maintained by nanotechnology.

Kurt Russell is a great choice, and I'm convinced that Kojima inspired from "Espace from New York" a lot to create the series.

Jason Statham would be a very horrible choice.

I always thought that Snake looked like Dolph Lundgren (mainly in MGS3), but Dolph seems to be an outdated actor now, and I'm not sure about his accent. But it would be my #1 choice for the appearance.

http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/gallery/punisher/9-11%20comicscene.jpg

http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/gallery/bridge/CINE%20DVD55.jpg
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"

Don't forget that Snake is very old in Metal Gear Solid. Over 50-60 years old. He's maintained by nanotechnology.

Incorrect. As of Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake is 33. By the Big Shell Incident of MGS2, he's 37.

On topic: Hugh Jackman. It'd be a little weird without Hayter's voice, but I think Jackman could pull it off. Or at least get it close enough so that it doesn't feel... wrong.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53:59 AM »

Quote from: "Ragnarok-Sabin"

Incorrect. As of Metal Gear Solid, Solid Snake is 33. By the Big Shell Incident of MGS2, he's 37.

yeah maybe I'm incorrect. I forgot a little about the timeline of the series.

I thought Metal Gear 1 occured approximately in 1985 and that Snake was around 30 years old.

In the "briefing mode" from the Metal Gear Solid, his hair are white. Then he got his hair dyed to look younger.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 07:40:29 AM »

Quote from: "Ragnarok-Sabin"

yeah maybe I'm incorrect. I forgot a little about the timeline of the series.

I thought Metal Gear 1 occured approximately in 1985 and that Snake was around 30 years old.

In the "briefing mode" from the Metal Gear Solid, his hair are white. Then he got his hair dyed to look younger.

That really doesn't sound right to me, blackthirteen.

Another actor who would have been good 10-15 years ago is the guy who played Kyle Reese in Terminator. Snake's original design is almost a carbon copy. Although the voice would have been an issue.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »

Nope. At the start of Metal Gear, he's about 23. (I think.)

Oh, and his hair is NOT white in the MGS briefing. The entire scene is black and white and the lighting washed out his hair. If you watch the TTS briefing it is full colour, and his hair is brown. Besides which, when would he get it dyed? An Ohio class submarine deep beneath the surface isn't likely to have brown hair dye lying around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: