Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:54:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338350 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Eternal Poison
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Eternal Poison  (Read 15451 times)
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 03:33:54 AM »

Bought it today.  Only finished the tutorial & the first real battle, but so far, it seems like a pretty solid game.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 09:55:24 PM »

There's a bit of tranny surprise in Ashley's story. XD

That's excellent.

On a related note, I was hanging out with another RPGFan staff member today, and we witnessed one of the GAYEST battles in RPG history. In a good way. Persona 4 has a boss that puts Cho Aniki to shame. Atlus is on a roll with humorous gender-benders.

Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 12:03:18 AM »

Yay! My copy was here when I woke up this morning! Worked it's way to the top of my 'to play' pil,' to be played just as soon as I finish Suikoden V...

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 01:23:50 AM »

The first couple of hours were a little rough as I was figuring out the various gameplay systems, but now that I've put a good 4-5 hours in, I'm really enjoying this game.  I really like how there appears to be a branching class evolution tree system in the game; I'm a big fan of such systems and yet they're pretty rare.

Highly recommended.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »

I'll probably pass on this one. I'm not the kind of person who thinks spending an hour on a battle only to lose, get a Game Over, and retain nothing is fun.

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 11:08:41 PM »

I'll probably pass on this one. I'm not the kind of person who thinks spending an hour on a battle only to lose, get a Game Over, and retain nothing is fun.

Battles are actually fairly quick once you turn off the overblown animations & have gotten used to the UI & gameplay.

Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »

Ah, you can turn off spell animations? That changes things a little. All RPGs I think should give you that option. I know developers are just trying to show off the graphical capabilities of systems they develop games for, but we just get really sick and tired of them, especially if they drag out fights forever.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »

Started yesterday, only played the first battle. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 12:53:05 PM »

The first couple of hours were a little rough as I was figuring out the various gameplay systems, but now that I've put a good 4-5 hours in, I'm really enjoying this game.  I really like how there appears to be a branching class evolution tree system in the game; I'm a big fan of such systems and yet they're pretty rare.

Highly recommended.

I *think* only the main, plot-related characters get to do the branching class thing. But yeah, still awesome.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »

I just bought this game today (last/only copy at my nearest Gamestop), and plugged a few hours into it. I'm really, really digging the atmosphere of the game so far. I'm not super far into the story (I just beat the first boss in Thage's story arc), but I can already tell it's going to be a fun ride. Everything is dripping with style, especially the girl operating that Camellia.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »

Well...I just ordered a brand new copy, directly from Amazon.com, for $26...I kid you not, check it out for yourself.

I'm probably not getting the artbook, but...well, that's definitely the icing on the cake, but I guess I settle for the art I can find online, along with making a VHS recording of the plot...as usual! (SRPG plots are so easy to record; you know there're always dialogue scenes before and after battles).
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 12:33:08 AM »

Well...I just ordered a brand new copy, directly from Amazon.com, for $26...I kid you not, check it out for yourself.

I'm probably not getting the artbook, but...well, that's definitely the icing on the cake, but I guess I settle for the art I can find online, along with making a VHS recording of the plot...as usual! (SRPG plots are so easy to record; you know there're always dialogue scenes before and after battles).

good luck with that. There's plenty of good mid-battle dialogue that takes place in this game. Also...VHS? fer real? In this day and age?

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 01:05:57 AM »

good luck with that. There's plenty of good mid-battle dialogue that takes place in this game. Also...VHS? fer real? In this day and age?
Recording to VHS is easier than trying to record to DVD, especially when I'm recording separate scenes - DVD recording, you can't just go record, stop, record, stop, record, stop for each separate scene you want to record; what I'll probably end up doing is recording it to VHS the old-fashioned way, then backing it up to DVD.

I've got quite a few recordings already, and I'd say it's a process I've got perfected.

I'll definitely end up using an 8-hour tape...
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »

Holy, it's $19.95 today!! I wonder if they still ship with the art book? And why is it 50% off so soon?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »

Holy, it's $19.95 today!! I wonder if they still ship with the art book? And why is it 50% off so soon?
If it did it'd be listed under there, so unfortunately you're out of luck (P3:Fes is, interestingly, a different story) and last Friday might explain that price drop!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: