Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341029 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Eternal Poison
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Eternal Poison  (Read 15519 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

See, I don't LOVE the game either, but even I can admit that there are some great qualities to it, with the art style being one of them. He also said that the music was bland and repetitive, which is ridiculous as well. I thought the music was quite refreshing, considering we aren't really used to hearing that sort of chamber music in video games.

As far as the whole leveling up thing goes...I dunno, I didn't have much of a problem leveling up. For Thage's story, I had the max seven characters, but for Olifen and Ashley, I decided to stick with five. This allowed me to keep everyone pretty high up there, and if someone needed leveling, I'd just pair them up with one of the stronger characters and mow down enemies with combo attacks. For weaker mage characters, like Levatte, I made sure that I overkilled the final enemy on the field so I was able to spam restorative magic and buff spells before I captured him. I found that he was getting at level or two on every map because of how much experience this got him.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 06:31:59 PM »

does anyone else think this game has a diablo 2'ish feel too it? for me my first playthrough with ashley was brutal. but when i started olifens quest everything seemed to go much smoother since i understood the mechanics better. i also find a great way to get exp for weaker characters is to have them participate in combos with strong characters.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 12:38:27 PM »

Question.

The indie store I go to has a copy of this - with the artbook - for $40.

Is it worth picking up for that price?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »

I just started it after having the game for almost a month. I almost died during the first battle because when you skip the scenes you don't see how much HP a character lost after being attacked. Poor Retica, he died quickly. -_-
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2009, 04:27:15 AM »

I just started it after having the game for almost a month. I almost died during the first battle because when you skip the scenes you don't see how much HP a character lost after being attacked. Poor Retica, he died quickly. -_-

Retica dies a lot. You just have to put your cursor on the character that was attacked to see it's status I think... Haven't played it since P4 arrived...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »

Why are you letting your Archers get hit anyway?  Isn't that a pretty common thing in SRPGs?  Make your archers stand behind your other guys because they can't take hits?

And the numbers -should- display when you turn off the animations.  I'm pretty sure they display on my copy.
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2009, 10:21:54 PM »

Yeah I know that, but I just wasn't paying attention at all.

And yeah I know archers shouldn't be hit, but when the die after two attacks it kinda sucks, especially since I didn't expect it. I haven't disabled the animations yet, but will probably do in the short future, since the loadings are painful. I still like watching them once in a while though.
Retica dies a lot. You just have to put your cursor on the character that was attacked to see it's status I think... Haven't played it since P4 arrived...
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »

i tried disabling animations and i couldnt stand it so i turned them back on.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2009, 12:07:01 AM »

Yes, yes it is.  I always forget that happens, because I play with the animations turned off, so the singing never occurs.  But it was neat the first time I noticed it.  Opera!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: