Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:03:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Code Age Commanders.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Code Age Commanders.  (Read 1598 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

Disappointing it won't come out I guess, but... Was anyone here really interested in the game? The style looked interesting, but if it was that poorly received... Meh. :P
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:26:43 PM »

Judging from the reviews, you did not miss too much. Square Enix tried to create a second Hagane no Renkinjutsushi with Code Age, but apparently that did not work. I have not heard that the manga was particularly successful and the PlayStation 2 game, well, that did not perform that well either.
Lost Fragment

polybius42
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:57:17 PM »

A month or so after it came out CAC could be imported from Play Asia for like $20, if that tells you anything.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 07:23:41 AM »

I played it.

It's a total heap of shit. Action RPG with really sluggish and shitty controls and basically degenerates into a button masher.

It's a good thing it's not coming to America, it's a total waste of effort.

Druff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 02:24:58 PM »

Yeah, Code Age Commanders was one of most anticipated games of 2005, the only one I remember wanting more was Shadow of the Colossus. And it was my biggest disappointment of the year too. It looked like it had so much potential, I loved the general art design of the whole thing... but when I finally got it, it was like cracking open an egg and nothing but a dead fly falls out. I wouldn't even call it an action RPG, it felt more like a brawler to me. A brawler with horribly sluggish controls/animation and no redeeming values whatsoever.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: