Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 11:39:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331360 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.  (Read 12792 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »

No Christ eating for you.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »

I'm all for abortion too.  It's okay though, Obama and I can share a pack of Oreos.  We don't need their Christ flavoured biscuits.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »

I can't really say I was surprised this happened in South Carolina.  Those Bible Belt states are something else.  I know when I started my first day down here in Georgia and my supervisor asked if my spiritual needs were being met, that I'd stepped into a different world.

Religion should just stay out of the political issue altogether since regardless of where you stand as a religious believer, any political candidate's going to screw up some religious tenet.  Separation of church and state?  Radical notion, I know.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »

Eh, a lot of people believe Obama is the antichrist. If that's what they want to translate, then oh well.

And vanilla-cookied oreos for the win.
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »

I'm a Christian, and, yes, I abhor abortion. I think it's despicable. Except in the case of rape, or when the health of the mother is endangered. Then, I think it should be an individual choice. How many abortions are actually performed for these reasons, though? Still, I can't say whether I'd be for an outright ban on abortion.

But, if you're gonna be a Catholic, you kinda have to follow their rules. Go start another religion if ya wanna practice transubstantiation.

Personal feelings aside, though I may disagree with Obama on this issue, I think it's ridiculous that he's being labeled the Anti-Christ. 

Lastly... fuck Oreos. I like nutter butters. Or moon pies. Or beignets.

It's a broke-ass Cajun thing, y'all.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:46:21 PM »

I stand by my assertion that it is better to follow Christ's example than that of Christianity. In the end, I see very little of Jesus being bound down in dogma and rules. Certainly, Christ espoused that hatred was an evil thing, and it amazes me that so many hateful, belligerent people believe they can represent his teachings for even a second.

As to the whole church/state separation thing; dream on. It has never happened and it will never happen. The fact is that when people en masse do not believe in an external God, somehow they subscribe to a human "god", like a Mao or a Stalin, or even just an entity like music or politics. In the end, religion doesn't make the situation any worse. It's the intentions and actions, thoughts, and feelings that matter. A good Christian man can do better for his fellow man than a bad Atheist, and the reverse is also true.

In the end, it's utterly stupid to hate Obama over an issue like this. Pro/anti... What does it matter? A woman bent on abortion WILL have one, whether it's in the clean operating room of a hospital, or in their bathroom with a coathanger they just boiled in alcohol.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 07:59:24 PM »

double stuff for the win. according to church im going to hell already anyways for kissing girls.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 08:04:31 PM »

Unless you're Unitarian.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »

"... lest they eat and drink their own condemnation."

Ah fuck, this story depresses me. Why do these types of conservatives always try to divide people? Fear? Hate? I don't understand it.

[/url]
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 03:46:57 AM »

I can't believe this is all about abortion. Personaly I've been on what I consider the better side of the abortion and it practically saved my life (not in an actual literal sense, I wasn't in any danger I was the guy, we don't have the babies, my mom would have killed me if she found out though). Accidents happen and it's up for people to deal with the consequences. Why living your life with someone you don't know that well and looking after a baby is somehow considered the only choice is retarded, we have free will and if the better choice is to "kill" the baby (which at the point anything is safely done is neither a murder or a baby) then so be it. That being said some people look at them as get out of jail free cards when really it should be a serious decision to have one, although not likely there are chances for complications and later on my ex did have misgiving over it which didn't help her overall mental state.

Plus this is all coming from Catholics, I'm not sure taking them seriously is ever the positive choice.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »

In a country such as America with such diverse populations of people and diverse strains of thought and culture it's impossible to please everyone, especially with a hot-button issue such as abortion.  ASIDE: My parents used to have a vacation home in South Carolina, and whenever we went there, it felt like a completely different world than New Jersey.  Even though it was America and people spoke English, it was like being in a foreign country.  I'm sure someone from Manhattan, Kansas would feel the same way the first time they go to Manhattan, New York. END ASIDE.   

With abortion laws, each state has different statutes regarding whether or not a minor can get an abortion.  Most states say the parents need to give written permission.  New Jersey's statute is that a minor need only tell the parents and not need to get written permission (I think that's too lax a statute and would put a guidance counselor in a tough spot.)  And Ohio has a very confusing rigmarole regarding that issue.  So regarding abortion, it's state legislature that I feel has a more pressing impact on how it affects people than the more general federal mandates. 

The condemning, divisive, and derisive nature of this pastor was uncalled for.  He sounds like the people in Montana who stock up on guns whenever a Democrat is elected because they think s/he'll take all their guns away. 

And it's not like Obama can impose his absolute will on the people.  He still has to be filtered through the rest of our governing bodies.  I swear, too many people fail to realize that it's your state and local legislators who'll have a more pressing impact on your life than the president.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:27:07 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »

I'm a Christian, and, yes, I abhor abortion. I think it's despicable. Except in the case of rape, or when the health of the mother is endangered. Then, I think it should be an individual choice.

This is something I've never understood; if you believe that abortion is the murder of a human being, why do you make exception for rape? Health of mother, I can understand, but rape? Just because the child was conceived against the mother's will, isn't it still a living being?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, honest. I'm not trying to call you out. I'm just wondering about this.

BTW, I'm pro-choice, m'self.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 09:37:00 AM »

Damian, I think part of it may be that it's damn near impossible to put a blanket value on human life.  Who deserves to die more?  An "innocent" child or a "guilty" murderer?  Do either deserve to die in the first place?  Is it hypocritical to oppose abortion but support the death penalty?  Is it as Napoleon says in Animal Farm that "all animals are created equal... but some are more equal than others?"  And there's individual differences as well in how life and living beings are valued.  Is it life itself that's precious or is it how you live and the quality of your life that's precious?  That's, I think, where morals and ethics come in.  Is all life precious, or is the preciousness of life determined on a case by case basis? And what makes one case more "desirable" (for lack of a better word) than another?  And who has a right to define "desirable" in the previous question?

I think that's really why I'm pro-choice because these are tough questions that I certainly cannot answer for every person.  And I believe that people should have access to available options that best fit their circumstances and situations.  (ASIDE: And don't get me started on linking the abortion issue with healthcare.)

I do think more education and better access to information is necessary when it comes to sexual and reproductive health.  Too many women use abortion as their sole form of birth control and that is certainly destructive and unhealthy. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:03:31 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 10:34:10 AM »

Really? Seriously, most people voted for Obama for his "change" and of his race (that is a fact. Like 97% black people voted for him and some of my friends voted for him just because of that.)

For the abortion thing, I'm in the middle. Yeah, I find it wrong, but just because I find it wrong, I can't just forcing my opinion on other people.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48:03 AM »

Just because someone is pro-choice does not mean they are pro-abortion.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: