Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 01:05:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337995 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.  (Read 12896 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 02:46:33 PM »

Many of you seem to want to demonize Christians with harsh stereotypes that would seem to betray a lot of anger. 

But it's ok if Christians stereotype others? They've been doing it to other religions for centuries and acting as if they're almighty.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 03:14:30 PM »

That's a bit of a logical fallacy there.

a) Not all Christians are equal participants in what has gone on for centuries. Certainly Quakers would not feel responsible, and what about more recent developments like the Mormons or the Unitarians? They have very little to do with any such deeds of the past; Unitarians in particular have been widely open to progressive ideas.

b) You cannot hold responsible an individual for an ancestor. Similarly, the present generation of Christians are not held responsible for past atrocities because not only has the attitude of the institutions changed, but doctrine has been reinterpreted by a wide variety of followers, breeding new directions and sects with very different ideas of what it is to be "Christian".
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 04:09:09 PM »

Exactly why religion has such a bad name these days.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »

It just may be where I'm from. In Northwest Ohio, excluding Toledo, is like 95% White and probably 98% Christian (all of them, like Lutheran, Protestant, Catholic, etc.) and yeah, most people are intolerant to other religions. When I went to school, all I ever heard people say is "That's Jewish."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »

"The only time you hear the name 'Jesus Christ' in a Unitarian church is when the janitor falls down the stairs."  -Mabel from the play Pride's Crossing.

I thought that was the funniest line in that play, which as a whole was pretty good. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:21:50 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Viarca

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »

Many of you seem to want to demonize Christians with harsh stereotypes that would seem to betray a lot of anger. 

But it's ok if Christians stereotype others? They've been doing it to other religions for centuries and acting as if they're almighty.

I don't condone anyone making blanket generalities about others, especially when its an ignorant declaration.  That's part of the problem is too many people cannot see beyond their own conceit and are convinced they're the ones who are right.  People have done plenty wrong citing any number of justifications (religion, science, innate superiority, just to name some of the favorites), and all it proves is that we're all flawed and it's not any of those things that are to blame, it's us.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »

I'm anti-abortion, mainly because most of the people who get them are stupid whores.

Abortions due to rape are rare as hell, and it's not hard to put on a damn rubber. If you can't manage that you're too damn stupid to be fucking anything other than your right hand.

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 12:39:47 PM »

I'm anti-abortion, mainly because most of the people who get them are stupid whores.

Abortions due to rape are rare as hell, and it's not hard to put on a damn rubber. If you can't manage that you're too damn stupid to be fucking anything other than your right hand.
No one is pro-abortion.

Semantics, I'm drowning in them.

[/url]
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

I'm sure you can find at least one child-hating psychopath who is.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 02:01:43 PM »

i don't give a damn about abortion. i'm just sick of being treated like a 2nd class citizen in the name of religion. stuff like abortion just gives me more ammo for hating bible huggers.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 05:38:49 PM »

i don't give a damn about abortion. i'm just sick of being treated like a 2nd class citizen in the name of religion. stuff like abortion just gives me more ammo for hating bible huggers.

eh? Is this about being a lesbian?

I'll hug you and a bible at the same time. I guess that makes me a loving bible hugger. :P

Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 10:23:21 PM »

... you're too damn stupid to be fucking anything other than your right hand.

Got something against southpaws, asshole?

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »

eh? Is this about being a lesbian?

I'll hug you and a bible at the same time. I guess that makes me a loving bible hugger. :P

I do think she's referring to the rather silly no-gay-marriage laws in place in most states.
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

Prop-8 can go fuck off.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »

Is this serious?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: