Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 12:41:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335181 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.  (Read 12864 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2008, 06:37:58 PM »

It's true.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »

Yeah if you formed your world outlook from behind a keyboard. I guess not knowing more than five real world people would make you meanspirited and bitter. I mean really? Everyone's stupid or a slut or a jock. What is this crap.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:16:00 PM by Takezo » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »

Yeah if you formed your world outlook from behind a keyboard.

How ironic.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »

Well, approximately 5% of rape cases in the U.S. result in pregnancy. That sounds like a small amount, but consider that's over 3,000 women per year who have to live with the fact. Now, that's based on a 2004-2005 statistics of 64,080 reported rape cases. The actual percentage may be much, much higher. In addition, place that on a worldwide scale; what about places where rule of law does not exist? Or places where no government protection for civilian rights exist? The percentage is much higher. Not only that, but the U.S. statistic only applies to one-time victims; repeat victims add to this. Remember that most rape cases are not applied by strangers, but casual friends, steady partners, etc. Repeated assault can and does occur.

They are not in fact "rare as hell". Yes it's a small percentile, but it still means something.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:49:07 PM by Hidoshi » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 12:33:42 AM »

Well, the thing is is that he's excluding rape from his anti-abortion stance- intelligent people will not force a rape victim to keep their child.

And obviously we're discussing places with rule of law, he's referring to how he think it should be handled.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:36:55 AM by Hathen » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 08:20:57 AM »

Yeah if you formed your world outlook from behind a keyboard. I guess not knowing more than five real world people would make you meanspirited and bitter. I mean really? Everyone's stupid or a slut or a jock. What is this crap.
I do rotations at a clinic. I've seen quite a few people come in for terminations. All were due to accidents from misuse or no use of protection.

People are stupid, useless, and don't do what they're told. I have no sympathy for dumbasses who can't follow simple directions.

Well, approximately 5% of rape cases in the U.S. result in pregnancy. That sounds like a small amount, but consider that's over 3,000 women per year who have to live with the fact. Now, that's based on a 2004-2005 statistics of 64,080 reported rape cases. The actual percentage may be much, much higher. In addition, place that on a worldwide scale; what about places where rule of law does not exist? Or places where no government protection for civilian rights exist? The percentage is much higher. Not only that, but the U.S. statistic only applies to one-time victims; repeat victims add to this. Remember that most rape cases are not applied by strangers, but casual friends, steady partners, etc. Repeated assault can and does occur.

They are not in fact "rare as hell". Yes it's a small percentile, but it still means something.
Okay, let's play the numbers game some more. There were 1,206,200 reported abortions in the U.S. in 2005. Let's take your 3,000 figure, and then add your postulate of there being more than the reported number - so let's double that. And let's say that 3% of the leftover is done due to protection not actually working. These are the people who have reasonable excuse for abortions, so let's remove them. Then, let's remove, say, 5% (which would probably be a gross overestimation) of people who got abortions for reasons other than the two aforementioned ones (threatening the mother's life, etc.). That leaves 1,104,184 people who were too stupid or too lazy to use protection. And that number's just the reported amount. So that's 91.5% - AT LEAST - of people who are stupid, lazy, useless, or all three rolled up in one.

Sorry if I'm not going to be shedding any tears for them anytime soon.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:38:53 AM by Leyviur » Logged

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »

Yay, unverifiable personal testimony! I've known 'quite a few' girls who got abortions and each one of them went through a private hell coming to that decision. It's not some fly by night, oh I suppose I've got to go kill that baby hoity toity ha!ha!, type of affair. I guess though when you're just talking about 'stupid sluts and whores' you don't have to factor in the tiny idea that they're fucking humans with 'real people' emotions and this might mean something to them. That'd probably knock you off your horses.

How ironic.
I'm not sure you fully understand irony(or figurative language), before this my last post was what? September. I mean, you're not just trying to 'get me' or something, are you? You're not actually resorting to that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:18:08 AM by Takezo » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 09:18:46 AM »

No, I was referring to the irony of you judging someone across a keyboard by accusing them of not having a life. You can't accuse someone of forming a world outlook behind a keyboard and statistics and then immediately jump to accusing them of things based off things you are learning across a keyboard.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:20:28 AM by Hathen » Logged
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »

it's like an objective line that there are two clear cut sides of. I've touched the keyboard exactly 4999 times as opposed to your 5000. Therefore I have a life and you don't. No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that when you only bounce your ideas off people who are more or less like you you tend to end up with really bizzare insular ideas that don't actually hold up outside of that group.

and then immediately jump to accusing them of things based off things you are learning across a keyboard.

I don't understand your words. What things based off things am I doing?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:27:55 AM by Takezo » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »

Yay, unverifiable personal testimony! I've known 'quite a few' girls who got abortions and each one of them went through a private hell coming to that decision. It's not some fly by night, oh I suppose I've got to go kill that baby hoity toity ha!ha!, type of affair. I guess though when you're just talking about 'stupid sluts and whores' you don't have to factor in the tiny idea that they're fucking humans with 'real people' emotions and this might mean something to them. That'd probably knock you off your horses.
I'm sure 'feeling really really really bad' is a proper excuse for some people to justify their actions, whatever they may be, but it's not a justifiable excuse for anything in my book.

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 09:33:15 AM »

You have enough personal information to make value judgments on (by your math) roughly 100,000 sluts and whores... that is some impressive condemnation!

Well thankfully nobody has to stand trial in the court of Leyviur.

ps: it's a very silly court!!!

pps: for serious!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

:-(

Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 09:39:48 AM »

haha, where has Dios gone off to, what about Jade. I'm missing out! Things are ch-ch-changing.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

I doubt you can go through a medical school or hospital without finding people with polar opposite stances on abortion- part of my point, you're accusing him of only talking within a small circle of people and being closed minded because of information that you have gained across the keyboard (That he's unsympathetic towards people that don't use their contraceptives). I'm simply pointing out a irrelevant ad hominem in your original post.

Personally, I'm pro-choice all the way. I think even if you're a dumbass whore that gets knocked up all the time you'll reflect on it eventually-that and it shouldn't really matter to you if someone gets an abortion. If you're going to take the whole "how other people live their lives shouldn't matter to you" stance on homosexuality, I don't see why it can't be applied to abortion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:59:38 AM by Hathen » Logged
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

Ley- I'm going to your hospital and asking specifically for you when I get my first abortion.  Be warned, I'll be a bigger pain in the neck than Mr. Garrison was:P

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: