Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 08:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334705 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Enjoy your stay in hell, Obama lovers.  (Read 12844 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »

This thread needs more happy.

*Gets his dick out.*

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 07:02:29 PM »

Augh, Richard. Now look what you did. Ashton's pregnant. .v.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2008, 08:00:01 PM »

Ashton's preggers?!?!?!?!?!?  NOOOOOOO!!!!! I'M the one who wanted an abortion!!!!!!!!!!!  And performed BY Ashton to boot!  How's he going to perform my abortion when he's puking his guts out every morning with morning sickness and enduring labor pains?

Although Richard using his li'l Richard to play guitar and windmill is oddly hawt.  Hey, Murderface played bass with his penis in that one episode of Dethklok. 

To be serious again (though it's sooooo much fun not to be), I'll throw this out there once more:  Would these kinds of volatile reactions about political stances on abortion be any different if Hillary Clinton were president?  She's a Democrat so her stance on abortion is pretty much the same as Obama's but would reactions be any different because she's a woman?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:23:52 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2008, 11:07:16 PM »

Most people don't let others influence their stance on certain issues.

My stance on any subject will remain the same even if a black guy/girl, white guy/girl, an Asian guy/girl, a Latino/Latina, an Indian guy/girl, or a Middle Eastern guy/girl were the president.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2008, 07:23:44 AM »

Most people don't let others influence their stance on certain issues.

Then how do you explain various movements in history such as Na.zi Germany under Hitler or Cambodia under Pol Pot or China under Chairman Mao?  That's just the tip of the iceberg of historical and cultural documentation of one very charismatic individual influencing entire nations of people.  Or how people often have blind faith in their religions and/or their priests and will obey every tenet of it/them without question. 

If that isn't "most people letting others influence their stances on issues and/or cultural mentality" I don't know what is. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:31:14 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:15 AM »

No, people already had those feelings. In the example of Hitler, one guy isn't going to make you hate people of the Jewish religion all of a sudden. The people already hated them in the first place. I seriously doubt someone can make a massive number of people agree with their ideals unless they already agreed with the person in the first place.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »

That's not necessarily true. While Nazism probably did not change the thinking of those already anti-semetic, it DID come from somewhere, and was based at least partially on the cultural accusation that had been created by the Catholic Church, blaming the Jews for the death of Jesus. What Nazism DID do was change a general "feeling" of anti-semetism into a hateful, brutal regime. I highly doubt that many non-Jewish Germans hated Jews prior to the Nazi movement. The effect snowballed.

But let's not invoke Godwin here; let's look at a closer-to-home idea. Peer pressure is something that a lot of young people suffer with. I know that personally, I felt pressured to smoke like all my peers. So I did. I regret it now, but for awhile there my thinking WAS very heavily influenced by what people thought of me. We all get that, whether we realise it or not. It either happens because of an agreement to a kind of thinking, or an opposition to it. People don't come entirely pre-disposed to something.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: