Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335296 Posts in 13728 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 65797 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2325 on: Today at 01:33:48 AM »

Ganon's Castle
And.... DONE!

Fighting my way up the tower and then taking on Ganondorf was cake. With only half a magic meter I had to resort to a spin-attack to deflect his big energy attack thing, rather than use Light Arrows, but that's not very hard to time.

Escaping the castle wasn't too bad, but I made a few stupid mistakes against the Stalfos and died two times in total, sadly.

Ganon: I was really silly. So, my preferred strategy is usually to roll between his legs then attack. I stupidly decided this was too risky with only 3 hearts (1 hit kill), so I opted to instead go for the Light Arrow stun, followed by running around his back. That works perfectly fine, but I only have enough magic to do that about half the battle. I suffered a few humiliating deaths before discovering that DEKU NUTS ARE THE BEST ITEM EVER. They not only temporarily stun Ganon, but they actually deal damage to his tail! But then I died and had no Deku Nuts left...

Ultimately, I returned to my usual rolling strategy and beat him straight away. :P

3 Heart Challenge... COMPLETE!

Congrats. Now you're ready for the big leagues that is the Majora's Mask's 3 Heart Challenge (imagine that the final boss is even tougher, the overall level design is tougher and you're limited to the dumpy Koriki Sword for the entire game (fortunately, the Zora Mask does help; the others, not so much)).

Also finished 10-Man Smash on SSBF.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2326 on: Today at 06:14:29 AM »

Finally got around to playing Illbleed. What the hell :DDD This actually reminds me of Shivers for... some reason, which is weird because Illbleed's essentially Blue Stinger 2 and Shivers was Myst clones. Anyway Illbleed's legits creepy in spite of being /intentionally/ campy because of how screwed up everything looks.

Oh wow, I remember Shivers. That was an interesting game. I can't remember if I ever actually beat it or not.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2327 on: Today at 08:21:05 AM »

Dice, Aeolus: Thanks guys! Maybe if MM gets a 3DS release I'll give it a shot. ;) Can't be bothered to pull out my N64 these days.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2328 on: Today at 09:10:26 AM »

CRYPTON RELEASED A MIKU THEMED CARD BATTLE GAME!!

It's all in Japanese, but the tutorial I did this morning seemed pretty straightforward. Yay!

Are you talking about this?

I actually played a demo of that when I was at the Sapporo Snow Festival earlier this year.  Seemed OK, if kind of simplistic...

I believe there has been talk about doing an English version, but I have no idea when that would be out.

Well, card battle games are always pretty simplistic. This one on the other hand isn't nearly as simplistic as a lot of the other card battle games I've played. The input mechanics are a little lame, sure. But what I love is that the stages themselves aren't just a means to go from battle to battle but offer a bit of a navigation puzzle, and you can't move on to the next area until you've "solved those puzzles.

I don't know, I'm loving it so far. Maybe that won't last, but we'll just have to see. I wouldn't be upset if they didn't bother with an English version. The UI is extremely intuitive, and the only real disadvantage to not reading Japanese is not being able to read the news updates and not knowing what the card skills do.
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2329 on: Today at 03:57:14 PM »

Ganon's Castle
And.... DONE!

Fighting my way up the tower and then taking on Ganondorf was cake. With only half a magic meter I had to resort to a spin-attack to deflect his big energy attack thing, rather than use Light Arrows, but that's not very hard to time.

Escaping the castle wasn't too bad, but I made a few stupid mistakes against the Stalfos and died two times in total, sadly.

Ganon: I was really silly. So, my preferred strategy is usually to roll between his legs then attack. I stupidly decided this was too risky with only 3 hearts (1 hit kill), so I opted to instead go for the Light Arrow stun, followed by running around his back. That works perfectly fine, but I only have enough magic to do that about half the battle. I suffered a few humiliating deaths before discovering that DEKU NUTS ARE THE BEST ITEM EVER. They not only temporarily stun Ganon, but they actually deal damage to his tail! But then I died and had no Deku Nuts left...

Ultimately, I returned to my usual rolling strategy and beat him straight away. :P

I am late to the party, but want to throw my congrats anyhow. My recent endeavors with Xillia 2 made me realize just how epic certain gaming accomplishments, or even just finishing a title, can be/feel. Maybe it is just the sense of being focused and dedicated enough to set arbitrary goals and achieve them. Perhaps it is the confirmation that, in spite of challenge and difficulty, one can succeed. Regardless of the reason I have always felt stuff like this ^^ should be more celebrated than it is.

Fact is I always feel a certain degree of "anti-climactic" upon finishing a game. I want to actively do my part to start changing that. Even some simple forum well wishing can help. So congrats.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2330 on: Today at 04:34:28 PM »

I'm more than halfway through Demon's Crest already and I just bought it on the Wii U VC yesterday. I think I've explored most of the forst 4 levels completely explored, so now I'm going to focus on V and VI. Just need: 5 3 more health extensions (I know where 2 of them are already), one more urn (know where it is...sort of...), one more Vellum (or did I get that already? Edit: nope), 3 more talismans (edit: make that 2), 1 more fire power, and 1 or 2 more crests (not sure if I can get the last one before the final boss), then I'll go and fight the big nasty.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:23:01 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2331 on: Today at 04:46:19 PM »

I'm more than halfway through Demon's Crest already and I just bought it on the Wii U VC yesterday. I think I've explored most of the forst 4 levels completely explored, so now I'm going to focus on V and VI. Just need: 5 more health extensions (I know where 2 of them are already), one more urn (know where it is...sort of...), one more Vellum (or did I get that already?), 3 more talismans, 1 more fire power, and 1 or 2 more crests (not sure if I can get the last one before the final boss), then I'll go and fight the big nasty.

You should try beating the game without getting everything (at least all the Crests) first. Just so that you can compare it to what happens when you do have them all.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2332 on: Today at 05:25:36 PM »

I'm more than halfway through Demon's Crest already and I just bought it on the Wii U VC yesterday. I think I've explored most of the forst 4 levels completely explored, so now I'm going to focus on V and VI. Just need: 5 more health extensions (I know where 2 of them are already), one more urn (know where it is...sort of...), one more Vellum (or did I get that already?), 3 more talismans, 1 more fire power, and 1 or 2 more crests (not sure if I can get the last one before the final boss), then I'll go and fight the big nasty.

You should try beating the game without getting everything (at least all the Crests) first. Just so that you can compare it to what happens when you do have them all.

Yeah, but...since this has password saves I kinda don't want to do that just yet. I honestly haven't written down a single password yet...
« Last Edit: Today at 06:26:37 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2333 on: Today at 05:41:02 PM »

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Replaying an old favorite because it's the end of October.  Messing around in the second castle, got two of Dracula's pieces, but I'm going to grind for a Crissaegrim, a Yasutsuna, and a Mablung just for fun.  Love this game. 

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2334 on: Today at 07:09:13 PM »

Ganon's Castle
And.... DONE!

I am late to the party, but want to throw my congrats anyhow. My recent endeavors with Xillia 2 made me realize just how epic certain gaming accomplishments, or even just finishing a title, can be/feel. Maybe it is just the sense of being focused and dedicated enough to set arbitrary goals and achieve them. Perhaps it is the confirmation that, in spite of challenge and difficulty, one can succeed. Regardless of the reason I have always felt stuff like this ^^ should be more celebrated than it is.

Fact is I always feel a certain degree of "anti-climactic" upon finishing a game. I want to actively do my part to start changing that. Even some simple forum well wishing can help. So congrats.

Thanks Klyde. :)

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: