Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 07:00:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  A Game Journal Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] Print
Author Topic: A Game Journal Reborn  (Read 63073 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2265 on: October 22, 2014, 02:55:24 AM »

No language like that here. Not cool.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:07:11 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2266 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »

I assume this wasn't meant to be locked or put into some sort of quarantine cause someone used a homophobic slur so I've unlocked it.

Be free my pretties!

Is it weird I wanna tank my rank in League of Legends from Gold to Bronze V just because it looks so fun down there.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2267 on: October 22, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »

I question your idea of 'fun' ...

Annubis presents: Bronze, an intricate journey in the mind of [...]
lawl its jut solo ranked
try hard star
my main is plat anyway
you so ebola
so mad brosky
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2268 on: October 22, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »

Maybe fun wasn't the right word. Amusing perhaps?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2269 on: October 22, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »

Love Live - Let Us Sing Together

It's Eri's birthday! +5 Love Gems
We're sorry for the extended maintenance +3 Love Gems

ヽ(^。^)丿

After this event, I can roll honor for my third time with this.
(Also, gratz Dincrest on your SR)

Thanks, man.  That was quite the surprise to stumble upon.  I'm getting so many of the main characters (who have bonus powers and stuff) that my normals are getting phased out.  This is too bad, because I like several normals- both in looks and in their personality profiles when I idol-ize them and max out bonds.  

I LOVED the previous event with the 4-way vs battles.  That was hella fun.  

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2270 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

New Leaf - Finally caught some villagers talking to eachother. Also apparently stole a penguin from the guy I got fruit from. SURE HOPE MY IMAGINARY ZEBRA GIRLFRIEND DOESN'T MOVE.

NPC behavior isn't hugely more varied compared to the GC version but it's varied enough that it pretty much DOES address my issue where sometimes the GC version was nothing but hauling items around to return them.

Still I do wish it had balls and the story text from Wild World because /besides that/ it's everything I wanted out of the series to be.

Also I'm going to assume that glassjawsh spent 18 hours without getting to Colony 9 unless he says otherwise.

Also, and doubly apropos to nothing, I think the reason I like the Saints Row games that much is because they capture the adventurous IDGAFishness of the PS2 era.

Also HONKAPOTAMUS is my new favorite thing ever. The only thing /better/ than that is when Ponychan used to censor "sex" to "glazed donuts" no matter what the context was, so homosexuals would become "homoglazed donutals."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:14:24 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2271 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:32 PM »

Also I'm going to assume that glassjawsh spent 18 hours without getting to Colony 9 unless he says otherwise.

That'd be a hell of a feat given that Colony 9 is like 5 goddamn minutes from the starting point of the game and is the single largest and most prominent feature of the region (and can't leave until you advance the plot due to plot reasons). Colony 6 I could believe since that's where the game starts to pick up again, and as I mentioned before, that's where the game stops kidding around with your potential party members and gives you your first good one.

Code:
Also, I believe he mentioned Fiora's death which is kinda hard to have happen outside of Colony 9.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2272 on: October 22, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »

Code:
Also, I believe he mentioned Fiora's death which is kinda hard to have happen outside of Colony 9.

You might be right.

The only character I found 'less useful' was Sharla, btw.  She'd basically come along if I wanted "less of a pain in the ass", but Riki and Shulk tended to do alright for healing and were better at killing things.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2273 on: October 22, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »

I LOVED the previous event with the 4-way vs battles.  That was hella fun.  

Well at least somebody enjoyed it ;).  Maybe I'm too focused on earning rewards and not enough on this 'having fun' thing...

Incidentally, I just hit level 70 and that seems to be the end of the story events and song additions.  At least for now.  So if you're curious how far you need to get to see everything, that's it.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2274 on: Today at 12:14:28 AM »

I think I hit Colony 6... around 15? 20? hours although I wasn't doing sidequests in Guar Plains so much as I was just aimlessly herumgefickte.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2275 on: Today at 12:30:01 AM »

LoL raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

So my team is:
2 Koreans who only speak Korean and because they are 'geniuses' play on the NA server
1 player is AFK
1 player keeps surrendering because LoL isn't fun anymore...

WHAT THE F*** IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE IN THIS GAME

(we lost)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2276 on: Today at 12:47:34 AM »

Code:

You might be right.

The only character I found 'less useful' was Sharla, btw.  She'd basically come along if I wanted "less of a pain in the ass", but Riki and Shulk tended to do alright for healing and were better at killing things.

Sharla would be better if she didn't always kill your Combos with her almost solid Blue Arts pallet and can't use her Talent Art since it causes her to shut down for the rest of the Combo (and IIRC, while it doesn't completely shut down the Combo when her turn rolls around again, I think she ceases to contribute to the preservation of said Combo which might as well cause it to shut down anyways).

That said, I think the funniest thing I ended up doing with Sharla at the endgame was stacking pretty much every Damage Reduction skill in the game (since she gets like the biggest and most expensive one for free) along with top tier HP, Muscle & Ether Def Up gems to turn her into an even better tank than Reyn (bonus points for her healing arts drawing more aggro more reliably and consistently than Reyn's Talent Art).

Unfortunately, shenanigans aside. Sharla's at her highest relevance during the Bionis' Leg/Colony 6 segment since she's not so reliant on Shulk's Monado Enchant Art and you don't have somebody more interesting to replace her with yet. Beyond that, all she has is her healing which makes fights take longer (thus necessitating the extra healing she brings) and her anti-air qualities which aren't that impressive in Satoral Marsh (due to most airborne enemies in that region being huge fuck off level 75-80+ enemies). It doesn't help that she's pretty useless against Ether based enemies as well (not that that ever really comes up). But by the time you're rolling in Mechon again, you'll be up in Eryth Sea with A Certain Magical Railgun on your team who does everything that Sharla does but better (save for healing which is kind of a waste for her). I guess you can at least use her during the segments where Shulk is literally at his worst (and this particular limitation is why I'm baffled by Smash Bros. For's use of the Monado mk1 for Shulk, given many of his opponents and the constraint it should still be operating on).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: