Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2015, 06:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363158 Posts in 14709 Topics by 2301 Members
Latest Member: FrustratedLeadingTone
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What's the haps?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] Print
Author Topic: What's the haps?  (Read 1012581 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15285 on: August 28, 2015, 10:53:42 PM »

I took the day off work so I could do some share duty for a CSA I joined. I spent three hours outside harvesting vegetables. It felt really good to do, and it definitely gave me a perspective on what's only a small portion of the work involved in food production.  I'm happy it didn't end up being balls-ass-hot today, because that could've made things unbearable.

natros
Yes, I Cannabis!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15286 on: August 29, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »

Once you get used to real peanut butter, Jif is like the grossest stuff ever.

(Jif is like if you mix really gritty gram flour with marmite/vegemite and too much vegetable oil).

I grew up on Jif style crap, thinking I didn't like peanut butter all that much... Then as an adult I tried the natural stuff, and realized I freakin' love peanut butter.
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15287 on: August 29, 2015, 01:07:02 PM »

Good peanut butter is one of my favorite foods.

I have nothing funny to say.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15288 on: August 29, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »

Lovely. Updated my iPad this morning and now it won't charge no matter what I do. USB, AC Adapter, did a hard reset, tried two different charge cables, two different outlets. Nothing.

FML
Towns Car Marty
Contributing Editor

Frog Enthusiast, Ridiculous

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15289 on: August 29, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »

Somehow my credit card details got stolen and somebody spent 1.50 on a pizza and 80 on a dating website.

Classy date?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15290 on: August 29, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »

405 bench press today... needed a spot for the last part of it though. I'm comfortable knowing it's in me however, as I picked it up off the rack and still raise it almost halfway up from my chest.

Now to continue my almight workout!

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15291 on: August 29, 2015, 05:36:45 PM »

At yet another anime convention. Things I did/learned thusfar:

-I ate a green cupcake from a jar. It had sprinkles on it and tasted like lemon.

-The bracelets are ticking timebombs, but security will kick you out if you remove them. They slowly draw tighter around your wrist, until it's impossible to cut them off. Hope you don't like having circulation in your hand! It's like a really slow Zero Escape penalty death, really.

-Screw the rules, I'm important. (Seriously, I'm kinda the editor-in-chief of the magazine that's a major sponsor for this thing. That has to count for something, right?)

-I finished my lecture on game journalism in exactly 60 minutes (the exact allotted time), question round included. I am awesome.

-Haven't been able to spend much time with my friends, sadly, but random strangers are fun to talk to, too. (This is how I learned the evil plastic that turns the bracelets can sometimes be removed by twisting the bracelet. However, if you are to late and the death trap has drawn too tight, you'll need to smash the plastic with a hammer or other heavy object. Without hitting your hand, of course. Fun times!)

-People made fun of my laptop. Yeah, I know it's old and bulky, but atleast it hooks up to the projectors with zero problems. Can't say that about your fancy smancy hyper sleek Apple products!

-I have a fan. She buys a jellyfish amigurumi from me every convention. This time she bought three. Soon, her collection will be larger than my stock (Twenty Jellies at a time, at most.)

-I kinda feel obligated to eat some fruit at breakfast, but my stomach nevers agrees. Threw half of the contents up behind some bushes. Hope nobody saw.

-Not-asthma is playing up again. Coughed through good chunks of the convention. Kinda suits the theme, though, which is zombies. Well, zombies and candy or something. Some sorta mix of deadly diseases and delicious desserts anyway.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15292 on: August 29, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »

At yet another anime convention. Things I did/learned thusfar:

-I ate a green cupcake from a jar. It had sprinkles on it and tasted like lemon.

-The bracelets are ticking timebombs, but security will kick you out if you remove them. They slowly draw tighter around your wrist, until it's impossible to cut them off. Hope you don't like having circulation in your hand! It's like a really slow Zero Escape penalty death, really.

-Screw the rules, I'm important. (Seriously, I'm kinda the editor-in-chief of the magazine that's a major sponsor for this thing. That has to count for something, right?)

-I finished my lecture on game journalism in exactly 60 minutes (the exact allotted time), question round included. I am awesome.

-Haven't been able to spend much time with my friends, sadly, but random strangers are fun to talk to, too. (This is how I learned the evil plastic that turns the bracelets can sometimes be removed by twisting the bracelet. However, if you are to late and the death trap has drawn too tight, you'll need to smash the plastic with a hammer or other heavy object. Without hitting your hand, of course. Fun times!)

-People made fun of my laptop. Yeah, I know it's old and bulky, but atleast it hooks up to the projectors with zero problems. Can't say that about your fancy smancy hyper sleek Apple products!

-I have a fan. She buys a jellyfish amigurumi from me every convention. This time she bought three. Soon, her collection will be larger than my stock (Twenty Jellies at a time, at most.)

-I kinda feel obligated to eat some fruit at breakfast, but my stomach nevers agrees. Threw half of the contents up behind some bushes. Hope nobody saw.

-Not-asthma is playing up again. Coughed through good chunks of the convention. Kinda suits the theme, though, which is zombies. Well, zombies and candy or something. Some sorta mix of deadly diseases and delicious desserts anyway.
If the event coordinators can't supply you with proper connections to hook your laptop up to a projector, someone needs to be fired. I have hdmi scalers, mini display port adapters, hdmi to dvi, dvi  to vga, every apple dongle known to man, and I even have s-video cables, not to mention rca to bnc adapters for when it's an old projector and only has bnc inputs.

If I can't get a conputer to display on a projector, I am a failure at my job.

TASTY!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15293 on: August 29, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »

Many people fail at their job.
It's the way of things.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15294 on: August 29, 2015, 10:30:28 PM »

Many people fail at their job.
It's the way of things.
Glad my job isn't spellchecker...

"Conputer".....

TASTY!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15295 on: August 30, 2015, 01:11:23 AM »

I'm sure they had other cables. They were just nowhere near the projector. Which is... still not that great, I guess.

BTW, conputer is a great word. It describes the laptops by the conventions perfectly. They may look too bad, but most are fossilised pieces of shit that might spontaniously combust midway through your lecture.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15296 on: August 30, 2015, 01:25:07 AM »

They opened a dining hall/restaurant? on the OSU campus over the summer called Traditions, and it pisses me off because I feel like there's some implication in naming it Traditions that I'm not getting. Like they're saying, "Eating here is a campus tradition!" (ignore that it's been there for like three months) or like how participating in /campus traditions/ is part of the /college experience/ or something.

I don't know, the year I spent at OSU was alien. Prior to starting university you probably get notions about what /college life/ is like, and then you quickly find out all of these notions were wrong.

OSU's like someone based a university entirely around how TV shows/movies portray university life. OSU's like, you go there and goofy preconceived notions end up being correct!!! It's the Truman Show of universities. Maybe that's why dealing with the students there is so jarring?

Wish the campus didn't take up a huge chunk of town between where I live and my office :T
« Last Edit: Today at 12:31:41 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: