Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 01:53:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341173 Posts in 13944 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Three new horror games for Wii!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Three new horror games for Wii!  (Read 1699 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2008, 12:11:19 AM »

Cursed Mountain
Set in the late 1980s, follows an experienced climber who sets out to scale a huge mountain in the Himalayas in order to find his recently-lost brother. As he ascends the mountain, he encounters an ancient curse: the souls of the people who died in that region are stuck in limbo, caught in the Shadow World." Players must content with villagers, pilgrims, mountaineers, Buddhist monks, and evil ghosts and demons as they unravel the mystery of the location.

You will encounter dead bodies, frozen mummies, and fear inducing archaic Buddhist rituals. On the other hand the game is not about chopping up zombies or splashing blood all over the place. It's violent in the sense of ever present danger and very aggressive environments and enemies. But you can't be violent against ghosts and mountains. So Cursed Mountain is violent, yes, but in a very unorthodox way."

Ign preview with trailer (which is good!)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/927/927348p1.html

Renegade Kid confirms his Dracula-related Wii project

A portion of an N-Europe interview with Jools Watsham, the man behind Renegade Kid…

N-Europe: We know you’re currently developing a mysterious Wii title based on a famous horror icon. The bats and the silhouette in the teaser image seem to suggest that said icon will be the infamous vampire, Count Dracula. GameSetWatch also ran a rumour that your project is entitled Son of the Dragon, which translates into Romanian as Dracula. Our question to you is this: is the game based on Dracula?

Jools Watsham: Yes.

Everyone pretty much guessed that the game was Dracula-related, but now we have a short-but-sweet confirmation.

I really liked Dementium The Ward, so this is cool news!

and lastly

This is *apparently* a new horror game from Hudson. After watching this trailer, I think somebody got this mixed up with the new Fatal Frame.

Whichever it is, looks *great*.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yxQYg9xfdk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuYLoZD9qhY&feature=related

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 01:34:28 AM »

To be honest, most games for the Wii are horror games.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »

You mean *horrible*, don't you?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »

That's an appropriate adjective.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 03:47:40 AM »

Does Wii Music count as a horror game? :P

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
uwsguy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »

The last game actually felt kind of funny, I don't know if it was the wii remote controls or what but it seemed a bit out of place. I guess I'm used to the fatal frame series that when you see a ghost you can run away, in this it felt more like he saw a ghost and just went about his business. In one of the Calling's trailers your arm gets grabbed by a ghost then you just move over to the drawer and try to open it as if nothing happened.
Still... any horror is good especially if it is based on Jhorror. Can't wait till FF4 gets here... even though I can't bring myself to complete the other 3.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: