Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:56:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Bolt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bolt  (Read 2481 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« on: November 17, 2008, 01:51:57 PM »

So... I don't know how many folks here are excited about Disney's new movie, Bolt, but I am.  It opens this week, and a good friend of mine is one of the stars - his name's Mark Walton, and he plays the hamster, Rhino.  I'm very excited for him - it's like his big break in voice acting.  His usual job is as a storyboard guy (I can never remember his actual title).  OK - I'll admit it, I'm jealous, too.  What cartoon watcher hasn't thought that being in voice-over work would be cool?  But still - more excited for a friend than jealous.

Anyway, all of the reviews so far are good.  Most include some comment that boils down to "it's not as good as the great stuff Pixar has put out, but it's wroth watching - way better than the other movies Disney's been making for a long time."  Most also include a comment about my friend and that he does a great job, which is very cool.

What I really came to say was: if you're thinking about going to see it, please do.  The more buzz there is around my friend's character, the more likely he is to get a spinoff or more roles or something.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:09 PM »

Will do!

That's pretty cool that you know that guy. Was planning on seeing this anyway. Looks better than most of what Disney's been putting out lately.

[/url]
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »

If it's not Pixar I don't ca-

It opens this week, and a good friend of mine is one of the stars - his name's Mark Walton, and he plays the hamster, Rhino.

... now I just feel like a jerk. :(

This looks more tolerable than other non-Pixar CGI movies, but I probably wouldn't be seeing it anyway, not in theaters at least. It's great to see your friend get a break like this though.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »

I was considering seeing it anyway because it looked decent.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

... now I just feel like a jerk. :(

HAHAHA! :)

—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:22 PM »

Went and saw it today in 3D, and thought it was really good.  It was tough to not see my friend every time Rhino opened his mouth, but I'm really not saying it was good just because he was in it.  The current average on rottentomatoes is still up at 84%, which is pretty respectable, and FlixPulse (where regular people write one-sentence reviews) has 95% good reviews for it.

I am happy to say that they didn't put the best bits into the trailer, or at least not all of them.  The 3D stuff was cool, not over the top, and it added to the movie in a lot of little ways.  I'll be going to see it next week with my friend and his family, but we're going to the 2D version.  I'm interested to see what kind of difference it makes.

—Kurt Vonnegut
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »

Isn't that the movie with Miley Cyrus in it?

....Then no...not interested.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: