Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334515 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Batman: The Brave & The Bold
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Batman: The Brave & The Bold  (Read 1355 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:39:29 AM »

The trailer's been doing the rounds now for a little while, and I don't see a topic about it, so here's your chance to vent about it!

First off, there doesn't seem to be a lot of recognisable enemies. Apparently we're to be treated to the likes of Zebra Man, Gentleman Ghost and Kite Man. Having said that, though, Grod, Grundy, Coppertop & Killer Croc all appear to be in the trailer, and Clock King has been confirmed. Hopefully this will be countered by the inclusion of Blue Beetle and Green Arrow.

Personally, I like the whole Silver Age feel to it. The music, the art direction, everything. Whilst I love the darker, newer (and much, much older!) Bats, but having seen how well Justice League: New Horizons was done, this could be a welcome break.

I feel that one of "The Batman"'s biggest failings was that the new image for Batman doesn't fit in with the KidsWB exec's current programming philosophy, so it felt rather neutered compared to the Dini stuff I grew up with (BM:TaS, Superman:TaS, BM:Beyond, JLA/U, etc.). I think this is probably the best way of accurately portraying a version of Batman that has a chance of getting recommissioned at the end of its first season!

But yeah, the trailer's given me a bit of hope for this series. Hope it lives up to what has gone before by daring to be slightly different!

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:34:54 PM »

It looks tasteful, but I miss the days of the Batman animated series that aired on Fox. That was the best series, IMO. It felt eerie and dark. I don't expect a dark show every time, but I hope it's at least taken seriously, and not too kiddy-driven.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 09:49:45 AM »

I think this one is definitely aimed at the fans, having seen the first episode this weekend. The nods to the old Adam West TV series and the previous 'The Batman' cartoon were welcome, and the use of relatively minor characters kinda reflects this, too.

It'll have to go a very long way to out-do the '90s show, but it's a fair attempt!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: