Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334830 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fabula Nova Crystallis project.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fabula Nova Crystallis project.  (Read 7201 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 10:28:04 PM »

Portions of the trailer were FMV, and there was about 15 seconds of real-time stuff going on.

All of the Versus trailer was FMV.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 01:49:01 AM »

I would think the realtime FFXIII stuff was obvious since the menu was visible at the bottom of the screen.
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 09:56:36 AM »

Reason I asked is because the visuals in that part of the trailer, with the menus and all, looked very close to the part right after that(her kicking and shooting), and the start of the trailer, while the end(when you get a close up to her face when she points at the screen with the blade), looked more detailed. Maybe I'm just dumb.....heh.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

I can't even tell the difference between the FMV sequences, and the actual gameplay.

But, just because the trailer had a menu at the bottom of the screen doesn't necessarily mean that it was actual gameplay, and it doesn't really make sense but the menu could've just been added to give u an idea of what the gameplay would look like.

Personally, i do think that it is actual gameplay because i know how powerful of a system the ps3 is. I'm just saying that it's possible that it could've been an FMV instead of actual gameplay.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 10:58:54 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
All of the Versus trailer was FMV.
Where can I watch the Versus trailer?
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 11:29:32 AM »

I was thinking more along the lines of Pocket Station/PSX, Gamecube/GBA  or Dreamcast/VMU connectivity. In other words there will be weapons, summons and items that will only be available by gaining them on the protable version and then uploading them to the PS3 release.

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but having worked in the retail side of the games industry for some time, I can see this happening.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »

Final Fantasy versus XIII...

So, like, who is this "Thirteen" character, and what's this guy, "Final Fantasy", have against him?

"Final Fantasy versus Thirteen, round one, FIGHT!"

(...)

"Thirteen wins"

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 09:29:47 AM »

Fabula Nova Crystallis sure is an ambitious project from SquarEnix.

"We're anything but Normal"
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 03:26:16 PM »

Admittingly Final Fantasy VII's popularity and brand power, let alone sales performance will probably be hard to surpass for Final Fantasy XIII and any other future Square Enix project for that matter. However, in the eyes of Square Enix's management the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII apparently was enough proof for the success of large scale polymorphic content projects. And as long as the Final Fantasy brand name continues to be as strong as it has been over the past few years worldwide, Fabula Nova Crystallis will be another success story for them.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »

Quote from: "Malevolent_Angel"
I can't even tell the difference between the FMV sequences, and the actual gameplay.

But, just because the trailer had a menu at the bottom of the screen doesn't necessarily mean that it was actual gameplay, and it doesn't really make sense but the menu could've just been added to give u an idea of what the gameplay would look like.

Personally, i do think that it is actual gameplay because i know how powerful of a system the ps3 is. I'm just saying that it's possible that it could've been an FMV instead of actual gameplay.

What makes me think that there is actual gameplay in there is not necessarily the menu (which is a factor), but rather, the degradation of graphics quality from "OMG AWESOME!!!" to "AWESOME" when you see her fighting with the menu up. Showing two kinds of animation did it for me.
I can't wait for this game. A true sci-fi RPG. Hopefully.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 08:56:37 AM »

I just hope Final Fantasy Versus XIII would have a great gameplay, just like Kingdom Hearts. Since the Kingdom Hearts Team works on it.

"We're anything but Normal"
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 02:02:22 AM »

So...following the new announcement..we now know many details regarding the Fabula Nova Crystallis project. Like..for one:

Asked about Final Fantasy XIII's battle system, director Toriyama confirmed that the development team will bring back the good old active time battle (ATB) system and hence a standard input of commands.

That's pretty exciting news to me. I, for one, have always enjoyed that type of battle system..and while, yes, change is good..I appreciate having to go back to it in a FF game.

And the whole Versus explanation is interesting:

Furthermore, Nomura wants to do certain things in the game which he can't do in a numbered installment of the Final Fantasy series. He also highlighted the two meanings of the word "versus". On the one hand the meaning of the English word, on the other hand the meaning of the Latin word ("changing directions").

I started thinking about the whole "white" and "black" opposites that was talked about in the article..and I think that it would be neat to have something like an opposite world..so to speak, in Versus. Such as..a parellel universe, in a sense.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: