Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 04:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341078 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Memorable "NPC" moments.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Memorable "NPC" moments.  (Read 4404 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 05:12:23 AM »

I know xenogears had some great npcs but I can't really remember any specific dialogue right now lol.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 07:38:24 AM »

Also this, if not for the blatant lampshading:

http://project-apollo.net/text/img/ta-02.jpg

Which game is that one?

Thousand Arms for the Playstation One.  Here's a reader review I wrote of it back in 2002, before I was on staff: http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/thousandarms/Thousand_Arms-6.html

The game is quite flawed (disc 2 and the combat are not good at all) but I had fun with it all the same.  There were many funny NPCs, especially some of the villains.  I mentioned Ratchet, there was this one guy Bolt who was severely allergic to big words, and the emperor was priceless with his heavily reverbed voice exaggeratedly saying "evil" and "darkness." 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:24:11 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 08:32:11 AM »

Pretty much any Prinny moment. NIS did very well with those guys. :)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 07:01:14 PM »

I enjoyed some of the little stories for the NPC's in Persona 3, especially the girl student who stalks that guy student and how that story plays out.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »

Citan Uzuki in Xenogears, telling Fei the real deal. :D
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 02:55:50 AM »

Well, he wasn't a NPC (or was he, at that moment?),
Code:
but the canned people were!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 03:20:23 AM »

Dogmeat, in Fallout. I did everything I could to keep him alive the entire game and succeeded, somehow. Easy up till the final base. Then it's not.

I also use a mod in Morrowind that lets me turn freed slaves into party members. So I'd go around freeing slaves and raising an army. Good times.

Anyway what's the difference with this topic from an other storyline topic? Because there are some moments from Albion and Legend of Mana that come to mind but they're pretty storyline-based NPC stuff. Anyway.

Albion - You get sent on a sidequest to essential get some magical boner pills for the king of some village. I'm not making this up. And in the process you discover this mute christ figure Crazy oversexed German game designers.

Legend of Mana -
Code:
<Matilda> Even though we're dead, I forgive you for everything you've done and still lov-- <Irwin> Go fuck yourself >:|
. Also anything involving Pokhiel or Putty because they were creepy as hell. Same for the Dudbears. I mean most of the NPCs were vaguely unnerving but those guys were just like "STOP LOOKING AT ME. EVIL."

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: