Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 06:13:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338655 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  PS2 HD Problems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PS2 HD Problems  (Read 2643 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:18:30 AM »

I own a 32 inch Samsung LCD TV and hooked it up to my slim PS2 with component cables and tried playing Persona 3: FES and the game looks like crap (blurry, horrid jaggies). I changed the settings on my PS2 to 16:9 screen size and Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr for component video out. Am I doing something wrong or is it just going to look like crap no matter what? I was trying to get it set up so I can play Persona 4 when it comes out.

I even put in God of War 2 and turned progressive scan and widescreen on in the menu and that game STILL looked like total awfulness.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:35:59 AM »

Welcome to HD!

Seriously, there's little else that can be said for you. Get a TV with a better upscaler? There's probably a game mode on there but that's less for picture quality and more so you don't deal with upscale lag.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:28:17 AM »

Well I guess I'll hook up my old 20 inch standard TV whenever Persona 4 comes out. This sucks.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

In playing around with it on mine, different games had different picture quality.

Suikoden 5 = Shit
Persona 3 = Decent to pretty good
SMT: Nocture = Pretty good

Edit:  I actually planned to bust out my old CRT too for Persona 4.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:39:33 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »

Yeah in my case I got rid of my crt awhile ago, so I dont have much of a choice haha.  Still my biggest complaint besides the varying loss of quality is how in the case of persona 3, theres no screen adjust option, so ive got a half an inch or so on the left thats just black...damn is that annoying.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 12:39:33 PM »

Josh. I know you own a PS3. The game will look MUCH better if you use it to play P4 instead of the PS2,

JP
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 03:21:46 PM »

I have a 40GB PS3 so it only plays PS1 games :(

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »

Yeah in my case I got rid of my crt awhile ago, so I dont have much of a choice haha.  Still my biggest complaint besides the varying loss of quality is how in the case of persona 3, theres no screen adjust option, so ive got a half an inch or so on the left thats just black...damn is that annoying.

The black bars on the side are there to prevent the picture from clipping off when playing them on CRTs.  I play ps2 games in 4:3 so I don't even notice the black bars (since the widescreen part is black).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: