Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Project Destati: Light
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Project Destati: Light  (Read 135 times)
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »

I wasn't sure if I should've resurrected the old thread, so have ANOTHER!

Project Destati: Light is the first album in a series of 3 fan arranged Kingdom Hearts albums. They recently released a 5-song EP titled Project Destati: Awakening, which was GLORIOUS.

I've just picked up the new album, and once I get to listen to it in full, I'm sure I will have PLENTY more to say.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:41:27 PM »

I'll have a review of it up soon, too! And hopefully an interview on the music show with the creators :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Arklight

Know the meaning of Odio.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »

Alright, the way I experienced it, there were 2 main kinds of songs on this album. On one hand, there were tracks like the ones in the Awakening EP where the source material was evident, but they had their own identity, even weaving in other songs. These were my favorite songs on the album, in fact! Tracks like those include "Introduction: It Began with a Letter" and "Working Together," the latter of which, oddly enough, I never really cared too much for the source material, but ended up becoming my favorite song on the album.

However, this album also had a few songs where this was attempted, but it relied a bit too much on the source material and ended up ending up just good. Heck, maybe even VERY good, but nothing spectacular. This isn't awful though. There are plenty of songs on this album, they can't ALL be spectacular. Project Destati's arrangement of "Desire for All That is Lost" got REALLY good near the middle by differentiating itself with a key change, similar to Dream Drop Distance's arrangement of "Darkness of the Unknown." But, it took a bit too long to get to that point. Destiny Islands started WONDERFULLY. It set a certain expectation for how the rest of the track would go. However, it didn't quite go where I thought it was and it ended up being a bit more "standard" than I hoped. That's not a really valid criticism though, as that was my own dang fault.

Overall, LOVED IT. In future albums, I hope to have experiences similar to that of "Working Together." I never really cared much for "Tension Rising." I'm sure a good arrangement could change my mind!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: