Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 06:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335245 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 137 Print
Author Topic: Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread  (Read 364726 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »

The entire Ecco the Dolphin soundtrack.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 05:18:07 PM »

This is one of my favorite songs from My Fair Lady.  It's "I'm an Ordinary Man" performed by Henry Higgins and is *the* anthem for confirmed bachelors.  Oh yeah!  "I'd prefer a new edition of the Spanish Inquisition than to ever let a woman in my life."

The lyrics are fantastic, but rather than put a wall of text, here's the song on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjjO7hgQDM
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:24:53 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 10:55:03 PM »

Epik High - Nocturne

Tablo needs to release an English album. I'd so buy it...
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 12:15:01 AM »

Tablo needs to re-evaluate the direction he is going and stick to Hip-Hop.  Epik High has been on a steady downfall.  And it really baffles me given the stance he takes on so many songs about staying true to Hip-Hop and not selling out, then he goes and puts out such generic pop trash.

Pe2ny w/ Tablo and Yankie - Alive  - I want more of this Tablo.

Kero One - Keep It Alive! (Jazz Remix) - It has just a nice funky rhythm I can't stop listening to this song.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 07:28:30 AM »

Dream Theater - Trial of Tears

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 09:29:05 AM »

World Revolution from Chrono Trigger.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »

Devin Townsend - Ziltoidia Attaxx

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 12:21:14 PM »

World Revolution from Chrono Trigger.

Speaking of Chrono Trigger, I heard this http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/CTdemobattle.mid a long time ago.  Apparently it's an unreleased/demo battle theme from Chrono Trigger and it is so freaking good that I cannot for the life of me figure out why they didn't put it in the game.  Kicks the flippin' snot out of the real battle theme. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 12:35:57 PM »

Tablo needs to re-evaluate the direction he is going and stick to Hip-Hop.  Epik High has been on a steady downfall.  And it really baffles me given the stance he takes on so many songs about staying true to Hip-Hop and not selling out, then he goes and puts out such generic pop trash.

Pe2ny w/ Tablo and Yankie - Alive  - I want more of this Tablo.

Kero One - Keep It Alive! (Jazz Remix) - It has just a nice funky rhythm I can't stop listening to this song.

I'm surprised someone from this forum knows who I'm talking about.

I've only been a fan of Epik High for about six months now, and I personally don't find much wrong with them. Yeah, with songs like Umbrella and One Second, One Minute, they're drifting away from hiphop and leaning more towards pop (reminds me of Home Made Kazoku to be honest; going from upbeat hiphop to this sappy pop stuff. I still like it, but it's not the reason I started listening to them.)

I just think that Epik High is trying to branch out. They still have kickass songs like Breakdown, and personally my favorite song of theirs is One, but yeah, I listen to songs of theirs from 2007 and compare it to their earlier stuff, it's a lot different. But still, in my opinion, their stuff is better lyrically from their fourth and fifth albums, but stylistically, it's a tossup to me.

Edit: I know why my opinion is different. I recently became a fan of theirs, so that's probably why I could care less about their change. But what you said reminds me of my feelings for FLOW and Home Made Kazoku. Both had fast, energetic songs, and I liked almost every single song. FLOW turned into a mix of pop and rock, and while I still like more than half of their new stuff, I still find myself listening to their old stuff more. Same with Home Made Kazoku. 2004-2006 they were my favorite Japanese group, but then in 2007, they started releasing slower crap, and yeah, I still liked it, and then this year, I thought everything they released was "blah."

Yeah, and Tablo needs to stop singing. Him and Micro (HMKU) are rappers who think they can sing. It may give their songs another element, but yeah, they're going into the industry norms instead of staying themselves.
--------------

Right now, I'm listening to Seamo's Lupin The Fire.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:43:29 PM by dalucifer0 » Logged
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »

There's some song I've been listening to  a lot on my camera from the Lounge I went to for my birthday yesterday. The host told me the name, but then everyone started buying me drinks and there went my shyness and memory. Fuck. And it's electronica. How the fuck can I find the title?
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 01:52:47 PM »

I just think that Epik High is trying to branch out. They still have kickass songs like Breakdown, and personally my favorite song of theirs is One, but yeah, I listen to songs of theirs from 2007 and compare it to their earlier stuff, it's a lot different. But still, in my opinion, their stuff is better lyrically from their fourth and fifth albums, but stylistically, it's a tossup to me.

I would have to disagree here.  Their first three albums are far better lyrically, and stylistically.  In fact I think their fifth album, outside of Pencil Sharpener, is pretty bad.  Breakdown is OK, as is Eight by Eight, but the rest of the album is pretty damn generic and shifting towards them trying to appeal to too many people, which baffles me considering a song like Breakdown is on that album where he states they "don't give a fuck."  Hell pretty much all of The Movement, minus Tiger JK and Tasha, seem to be on this steady trend of selling out more and more.

---

Raashan Ahmad - The Crush
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »

Just based on some of the songs I've heard, like Fly and Day of Peace, that stuff seems more mainstream than their stuff today, but yeah, it's just an opinion.

----

m-flo loves Yoshika - Let Go

A group that did even better with a change (in my opinion.)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 05:24:03 PM »

Pantera - Fucking Hostile

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email