Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 Print
Author Topic: Song of the Moment: The Original RPGFan Post Count +1 Megathread  (Read 362914 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2025 on: May 31, 2014, 09:57:11 PM »

Exodus - Shudder To Think

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2026 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »

Double. ..Warbringer-Severed Reality

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2027 on: June 14, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

Joanna Newsom - In California

Haven't listened to Have One On Me in a damn long time and OH GOD THE WAY SHE STARTS SINGING AT TWO MINUTES IN, OH MY JESUS OH MY DAMN.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2028 on: June 24, 2014, 02:52:34 AM »

The Tragically Hip -  Wheat Kings.  Damn this is beautiful song.

OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2029 on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:37 PM »

Reach to the Sky - Galneryus.

Awesome instrumental track that starts off Japan's power metal act with their latest full-length album (2012), "Angel of Salvation" with high energy. Somehow very inspiring to me.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2030 on: July 31, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »

November's Doom - Bled White

The new album is excellent. If you are a Dan Swano fan, check it out.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2031 on: July 31, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »

This is my SOTM:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrshPMtH0CY  It's the "Love Hime" theme song that Onoda (and Tadokoro) sing in Yowamushi Pedal, and at the 1 minute mark of the video seeing all those high performance bicycles with anime wheels- it's everything I like in the world!  

And here's Onoda and Tadokoro singing the Love*Hime song in Yowamushi Pedal.  That was a defining moment in the story.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmiqUNutaRQ

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:12:02 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2032 on: July 31, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

By chance I stumbled upon another Lapfox Mayhem song I liked, Rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_vEx_zj55s

Lapfox's music tends to be extremely hit or miss (with more misses than hits), which I guess should be expected from his scattershot approach to music (he splits his talent between 12 or so different styles, using different personas for each one), but this one really hit home for me. It's a decent song as is, but the lyrics really hit home for me, especially at this moment. It's almost therapeutic, even - I've been stuck in a rut for a long time, all the while yearning for the old days when I was, at least from my terrible memory, a better man. So hearing a song that's basically saying, "You're stuck in a rut, but if you want out, you gotta learn to let go of the past" comes off as immensely helpful. I might want to take that advice...

Also, @OrsonFury, thanks for reminding me about Angel of Salvation! I still gotta get that. It's on iTunes, actually. Better get on that.

EDIT: Listened to Adam's Song by Blink-182 this morning right before work. Big mistake. These kind of songs always hit way too close to home, but this one especially hurt. By the time it said "tell mom it's not her fault" I was practically balling right in the break room. Let's just say it makes me think of a lot of bad mistakes...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:39:58 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2033 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:21 AM »

On a Slayer kick...Angel of Death.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2034 on: August 03, 2014, 06:35:57 PM »

Yay activity!

Angel of Salvation has been as good as expected. Galneryus at it's finest (I guess, kinda got turned onto him just last year so I still have quite a few more tracks of his to go through). Gotta listen to the album a few more times before I can name any favorite tracks...though I have a feeling picking faves will never be easy. ^_^;

Also been plowing through a bunch of Lapfox music. Got through about 20 Mayhem songs. I enjoyed most of it to a degree, but I can't say I have too many that stood out like "Rescue" did, besides "The Sound", which was actually the first Lapfox/Vulpine song I listened to. I guess "Push Every Button", "I Am The Tower", and "He Pukes Based Sharks" were pretty nifty, but there's not much else to say about them. Maybe I'll have more to say once I've relistened to a bunch of them, so I can see which ones grow on me, but I'll save that for another day.

Now I'm going through Furries in a Blender, which I guess is the more upbeat House style. I've only listened to 4 FIAB songs, but I've liked all of them so far. Then again, I love upbeat music, and House is quickly becoming my favorite electronic style. (though I don't listen to electronic in general enough anymore). "Slow Mover" was pretty neat, supposedly more laidback for the style, but still fun to listen to. "Great Expectations (FIAB Remix)" is the first Lapfox remix I listened to...I normally avoid remixes out of principle, but is it really a remix when they're all made by the same guy? =P Anyways, it's kinda long and I guess repetitive, but it made for great backround music while I was doing stuff. "Carbonate" was particularly nice, Might even say it's my favorite of the bunch. A nice ecclectic mix of sounds that came together to make a joyous sound - reminds me of why I listen to electronic music in the first place. It also has a spacey theme going for it (duh). I can really dig that. And lastly we got "Not Candy", which has a sense of danger to it, like it's trying to be a castle or boss theme (which seems to fit its place in the album, The Violet Kingdom). I like it a lot, gets the heart a pumpin'. Definitely gonna have to check out more FIAB songs later.

Oh, and on a more depressing note, I found "Easier to Run" by Linkin Park on my iPod this morning. I didn't even know it was there, must've grabbed it by accident late at night or something. And holy crap is it relevent to my life, especially before I finally got a steady job in April. Every lyric just hits me where it hurts like a freakin' bullet. I mean, that's nothing new for an early-00's Punk rock song, but I feel like it especially hurt with this one, even more than "Adam's Song". It reminded me of how static my life had been, how all I wanted to do was run away from my problems, how bad memories keep haunting me over and over again, and it seemed for a while I just stopped doing things so I would stop getting more memories to torment me...and unlike Mayhem's "Rescue", it offered no hope and no advice, it just laid on the pain with no remorse. This is why I try not to listen to old Linkin Park songs...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2035 on: August 04, 2014, 11:03:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GCwnaEmVo

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Also I keep forgetting Mickey's sig is also from Pokey.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2036 on: August 08, 2014, 07:29:40 PM »

When I was much younger, I used to play Quake (1) a lot as it was my first massive online game. It helped that there were tons of F2P servers as opposed to other games that needed Kali or some other paid service.

Quake had a very interesting option in that you could put a music CD in your drive and the game would link specific songs to maps.
I must have played for at least a year using one of my brother's CD and that CD has been pretty much stuck in my head till even today.
I've been looking somewhat for that CD for about 2 decades never knowing exactly what it was. I had found individual songs but they didn't sound exactly the same as it was a remix CD.
My brother of course doesn't remember much about any of this (I probably listened hundreds of times more to that CD than him - the owner)

I've finally tracked it down!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXUcHXNB_3k (sneak peek mix)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MuchDance#Much_Dance_Mix_.2795 (the tracks)
(luckily, none of the maps ever linked to the macarena *phew*)

The madness is finally over. It's nice to get closure.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2037 on: August 10, 2014, 09:43:28 PM »

Last month, Pool of Thorns played Smitefest with 40 Below Summer (you may remember their songs "Self Medicate" and "Taxi Cab Confession" from the early 2000s), and I recently had a chance to listen to their new album Fire at Zero Gravity.  It has its highlights (some of their heaviest and most complex guitar riffing) and its lowlights (some songs are forgettable or run too long, the harsh vocals sound overprocessed and unnatural) but it's not a bad album.  

Best song on the album IMO is Little Miss Happiness.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMMIasCz1U (it cuts out before the end, though, which sucks.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:46:38 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2038 on: August 11, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, best lyric ever in a song is in American Hi-Fi's "The Breakup Song"

You can keep the dog we bought
But you can't go near the standard bar
Don't hang around!
DON'T CALL MY FRIENDS!
THEY WON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2039 on: August 13, 2014, 04:52:09 AM »

Listening to the new Entombed album.

It's Entombed.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: