Author Topic: RPG's you'd like to see re-released

xXMelancholiaXx

• View Profile
RPG's you'd like to see re-released
« on: December 12, 2008, 06:37:00 AM »
I'm sure we all have some RPG's we'd love to see get the Working Designs Lunar Silver Star Complete treatment with extra art work inserts and other omakes.

1. Panzer Dragoon Saga

This game needs no introduction as many fans of the series have been begging for Sega to re-release this game due to it's rarity. Honestly I'd like to see the whole Sega Saturn Panzer Dragoon Series re-released on a New Generation console. A lot of gamers didn't get an opportunity to experience this game or really even this series and it would be nice to see it re-released at least as a gift to the fans.

2. Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean

I have to say that Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean is probably one of my favorite RPG's ever. The story might have been a bit on the generic side but I enjoy the epic feeling and the art style. They really don't make them like this anymore. I also here that there was a prequel released on the Super Nintendo. I don't know if it was released in the USA or not.

3. Magic Knights Rayearth

I'm probably not the only person who didn't play this game since not many games were released. It was an Action RPG released on the Sega Saturn at the end of it's lifespan based on the Anime/Manga series Magic Knights Rayearth.

4. Seiken Densetsu (I, II, III)

I'm not sure which entry Secret of Mana is in the series but I'm pretty sure that not all of them were released in the US. I know they've been doing a lot of releases on the DS so many they could around to releasing these in the US. Of course I'd rather play them on my home console rather then a handheld but that's just me. Either way I'd be very content with them re-releasing all three games on the Playstation 2 or something.

These are just a few games I'd personally like to see re-released. I know that most of the list consists of Sega Saturn RPG's but that console had so many cool RPG's. I'm sure there are some that didn't even get released in the US that we don't even know about as well. :(

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: RPG's you'd like to see re-released
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:48:20 AM »
Panzer Dragoon Saga, definitely.  And Shining Force 3, all three scenarios in English.  I thought the Dreamcast would bring these to us, but sadly it did not.  I'd like to see a rerelease of Persona 2: Innocent Sin in English using the text translation that Oracle of Maiya did so many years ago.  Or how about a rerelease of Soul Hackers in English.  I want more cyberpunk!  I'd also like to see some classic graphic adventures released with compatibility to modern platforms, such as some of the classic LucasArts and Sierra titles.

And though this is wishful thinking that is never going to happen, I want Ion Storm to rise from its grave and rerelease a Director's Cut of Anachronox so I can experience the game as it was meant to be. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:18:08 AM by Dincrest »
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 08:07:35 AM »
FF7 so I can buy it at a normal price.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:19:25 AM »
Someone needs to do something cool with the Soulblazer games (Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). Put them together on a DS cartridge or atleast make them available on the virtual console.

Other than that I'd like to see more Vandal Hearts games. Strategy RPG's seem to be fairly popular right now, so this would be a good time for a revival. A nice remake of the first game so it doesn't look ugly anymore, or a new installment.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:25 AM »
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (In English)
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue
Legend Of Mana
Suikoden 2
The SSI Goldbox D&D games.
I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Dincrest

• Bollywood Punk
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Educated Fool
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (In English)

Do you mean Innocent Sin, since that's the Persona 2 game that never got released in English?  I don't know if the Oracle of Maiya text translation of Innocent Sin is still on the web, but that was extremely well done.  Still, rereleases of the PSOne Persona games would be great, especially a rerelease of Revelations: Persona without the hack job localization and with the Snow Queen Quest in tact. 

And dalucifer- FF7 with a redone translation and gameplay visuals like those shown in that PS3 tech demo a few years back would be sweet.  I'd buy it. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:51:22 AM by Dincrest »
"Golly, why can't I act right outside of a baseball game?"
     -Peppermint Patty

CDFN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 11:25:59 AM »
First on my list would be xenogears. Screw the FF7 remake, give me Fei and Elly with cutting edge graphics.

Panzer dragoon saga... I doubt anyone spend more time with that one than I did. I wish that series would get the recognition it deserves. I wish the ending had more closure since there will be no direct sequel. It's unreal how much saturn owners had to suffer, especially outside of japan.

I'll always remember those first pics of grandia and dead or alive. Finally we could look forward to games that were just as good as the best playstation games. To add insult to injury, not only did these games stay in japan, later they were converted to the playstation and released worldwide.
I bought the console for virtua fighter 3, nights and sonic extreme, all promised by sega shortly after the machine released. You probably know what happened with sonic extreme. VF3 could be played on the dreamcast a few years later... At least nights was great...
Off topic, I know but when I get started on the 32 bit era I can't shut up. And yes, I ended up joining the PS wagon.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
Do you mean Innocent Sin, since that's the Persona 2 game that never got released in English?  I don't know if the Oracle of Maiya text translation of Innocent Sin is still on the web, but that was extremely well done.

More than that got put out! So yeah, you can definitely play Innocent Sin in english and should hunt down a copy if interested.

Only PDS really comes to mind. Saturn RPGs would be great period, but that's one game that really needs a wider release.

Lord Scottish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
Given how well the PS2 remake of Romancing SaGa did in Japan, I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed that they have yet to remake the other two RSGs.

I'd also like those Phantasy Star remakes to come to the U.S.

Oh, and I'm sure most of you know this but for those of you who don't, a PDS re-release is infeasible because the source code has been lost.

Musashi

• The Original Brave Fencer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »
My list..which is very short  is this lol

Persona 2 (either version)
Lunar (both versions)
Legend of Mana
Xenogears

And..thats all of it. Of course i'm missing a few choice games that i personally prefer but i cant remember them right now T_T

xXMelancholiaXx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
Persona 2 (either version)
Lunar (both versions)
Working Designs already did a re-release for that game. But yeah  I forgot about Persona 2. >_< They made two parts I believe Eternal Punishment and Innocent Sin. Atlus might actually repackage those one day to capitalize on the Persona series rising popularity. I guess we'll have to see...

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »
I think the issue with P2 is the rampant nazism and appearance of Hitler. That kinda... yeah.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
I knew putting that filter back up would be stupid.

Hidoshi

• Fire in the Thunderclap
  • Administrator
  • Filthy Casual
    • View Profile
    • ConBravo!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »
I knew your face was stupid.

AND IT STILL IS.

D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »
No, seriously. There's too much real use for the word, the people who abused it are either gone or have matured since then, and it wasn't even implanted in the last board revision. There's no reason to block it now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 02:45:03 PM by Eusis »