Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335169 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG's you'd like to see re-released
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: RPG's you'd like to see re-released  (Read 18835 times)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »

Working Designs reminds me of Dragon Force... yeah, it would be bliss if someone decided to localize the Dragon Force port for the PS2.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

I've said it a million times before and i'll say it again. I want a new Shadowrun RPG. NOW!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

I mentioned this awhile ago, but:

A current gen reimagining of Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining Force III (all scenarios), Shining Force Gaiden, Sword of Hajya, and Final Conflict.  Not specifically with super high end graphics, but with some reworked storyline, music, gameplay.

I think that would be fucking outstanding.  Pop some actual towns into the Gaidens, some exploration into the original, some localization into the second game, actually GIVE US the second scenarios of SFIII...

Oh, my God.

Give it the Lunar SSSC treatment with a fucking nice box, soundtrack discs, a Yogurt plushie...  If it was actually as good as I can imagine it, I would pay Sega $200+ for it.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

Final Fantasy VII - You would make so much money Square Enix, so just remake it already!

Final Fantasy IX - So I can buy it for a normal price which ISN'T over the retail.

Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 - They just should!

Chrono Cross - So PAL gamers can play it.

Xenogears - Same as above.

Vagrant Story - Another game where they just should.

Alundra - Same as above.

Can't think of any more at this stage.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »

I don't think the Hitler and Na.zi stuff in Innocent Sin was any worse than in Wolfenstein or a Call of Duty.  What I think was questionable was that one teenage character carried a machine gun concealed in a guitar case and that the first boss in the game is your high school principal.  I believe the game was brought in for consideration very soon after the Columbine incident, so with that fresh in peoples' minds, kids with guns and killing the principal could not be good.  And towards the end, you could
Code:
"couple" Tatsuya off with Jun.  Eriko seemed to think it was way more than just a bro-mance.
 And let's not forget the final boss, which is
Code:
an amalgam of all the characters' dads... in bondage gear!

And, on a funnier note, perhaps it's just a bias against Yukino Mayuzumi.  She plays a big part in the Snow Queen Quest and is a playable character in Innocent Sin (she only got a bit part in EP).  Too bad.  Yukino's my favorite female persona character.  She used to be my favorite Persona character, until Junpei.  

Still, loved Innocent Sin.  Easily my favorite Playstation One era RPG and the longest review I've ever done for the site:P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 05:10:40 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »

Phantom Brave for the Wii... oh wait.

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 06:08:34 PM »

Someone needs to do something cool with the Soulblazer games (Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma). Put them together on a DS cartridge or atleast make them available on the virtual console. 

This!

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2008, 06:46:53 PM »

Do you mean Innocent Sin, since that's the Persona 2 game that never got released in English? 

Yes, sorry for being a dumbass.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
uwsguy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »

I mentioned this awhile ago, but:

A current gen reimagining of Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining Force III (all scenarios), Shining Force Gaiden, Sword of Hajya, and Final Conflict.  Not specifically with super high end graphics, but with some reworked storyline, music, gameplay.

I think that would be fucking outstanding.  Pop some actual towns into the Gaidens, some exploration into the original, some localization into the second game, actually GIVE US the second scenarios of SFIII...

Oh, my God.

Give it the Lunar SSSC treatment with a fucking nice box, soundtrack discs, a Yogurt plushie...  If it was actually as good as I can imagine it, I would pay Sega $200+ for it.

This, wow and you have a valkyria chronicles avatar... we should run away together and get married.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »

Final Fantasy 1. I can never get enough copies of that game...

...you see what I just did there?

I've said it a million times before and i'll say it again. I want a new Shadowrun RPG. NOW!

Yes please. Fun fact that you may or may not know: there is a Japanese only Sega CD Shadowrun game that is mostly an interactive fiction game with a few combat parts (if what I've heard is correct). Not too much information on it and no translation anywhere.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »

Fear Effect 1 and 2.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 02:52:20 AM »

I'd like to see a rerelease of Persona 2: Innocent Sin in English using the text translation that Oracle of Maiya did so many years ago.

I liked their translation more than the new one, yeah...

Personally though I'd rather have Persona 1 re-released with remixed dungeons and a new translation :3

And my comment on the last five posts: What the hell?

Anyway, RPGs I want re-released:

Wizardry 8 - Too small of a release to begin with, and honestly it's one of the best PC RPGs to have been released in the past six or so years.

Arc the Lad Collection - Same about the limited release.

Ultima Collection - I want Ultima 7 on my DS. The REAL Utima 7.

I think I;ve also said this before, but I'd really like a Soulblazion of Gainigma collection for the DS, too.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 03:03:49 AM »

Oh yes, I wanna add Soul Blazer, Illusion of Time and Terranigma to my list.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:28:58 AM by ShadowLaguna » Logged

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 06:05:13 AM »

Mostly repeats of what others said, but:

Persona 2: EP
Both Lunars
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Eternia
And of course Suikoden 2 because the average eBay asking price for that game gets more ridiculous every passing year.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 06:17:41 AM »

What is it going for now? $120?

Konami must be blind, deaf and/or stupid. Atleast Squeenix noticed the whole Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyrie Profile thing and took action (pushed games as a GH titles, ports). They've got a decent PSP port and a not so decent localisation lying around somewhere, so they should give us the damn game already. English PSP Suikoden II = Free money.

I heard the Suikoden I & II ports sold less than 25000 copies in Japan, but the situation in America and Europe is probably different. Also, it can't be much of a risk to release the game in English, since it's just a port.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:22:57 AM by Tomara » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: