Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:09:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319300 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG's you'd like to see re-released
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: RPG's you'd like to see re-released  (Read 18177 times)
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 06:13:21 PM »

I don't know why but I feel like a full blown remake of Breath of Fire 2 with modern graphics would be a good idea. Not going to happen, but yeah, I'm craving some BoF these days.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »

I think I;ve also said this before, but I'd really like a Soulblazion of Gainigma collection for the DS, too.

Yes. The Quintet trilogy:

Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma

This needs to happen. I don't care WHAT platform. I don't care if it's a straight port, or a full remake. Just...these games need exposure in the current market. IMO, Terranigma could do VERY well.

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:24 PM »

I don't know why but I feel like a full blown remake of Breath of Fire 2 with modern graphics would be a good idea. Not going to happen, but yeah, I'm craving some BoF these days.
I agree. Actually I think they should put all of the old ones I through III on there as well. Maybe not as a remake but as a re-release. I'd buy that.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »

If you remake BoF2 why not also fix the bugginess, the skills that don't do anything, and uh... maybe make that system where the land type you're on effects your spells apply to more than two spells :(

I mean look, technically I LIKE BoF2 because I really like how its storyline and quests progress but goddammit I do NOT recall BoF1 having that many useless spells/skills/whatevs.

Oh and while we're at it, why not port the first two SMTs over to the DS and add an Etrian Odyssey-like mapping system.

Or just DS ports of the first two SMTs. I mean what the hell, Atlus actually listens to its fanbase. Why are we not bothering them about this? The games already had GBA ports. Just translate them and stick them on a DS cart. They're not even that text heavy.

---edit---

In regards to a SouBlazer port, I think adding stylus controls for that globe of light that rotates around you might be good, either to control how it rotates or where it shoots or whatever.

(I actually have a cart for Terranigma but it's the Japanese one since that runs about 40-60 dollars less than the Australian one. Also I can't play PAL carts anyway.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:25:53 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »

With the increasing popularity of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise in the states I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they did some sort of compilation of the the earlier games.

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 06:38:56 PM »

Tales of Eternia

Why Eternia? I believe it got ported to the PSP a couple of years back.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 06:41:14 PM »

I like how they released it on the Playstation in the US as Tales of Destiny II. :P

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

Yes, that's all thank Konami and Sony for refusing to bring out the Suikoden PSP ports.

And then Sony wonders why there's piracy on the thing.....

I mean what the hell, Atlus actually listens to its fanbase. Why are we not bothering them about this? The games already had GBA ports. Just translate them and stick them on a DS cart. They're not even that text heavy.

If they did, they would have released Innocent Sin by now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:37:57 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »

Yeah, but it's a PSX game. Not really a commercially viable system like the DS, and IS would be a much bigger translation project anyway.

---edit---

crystalis is yum delicious
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:27:41 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:04 AM »

With the increasing popularity of the Persona series in the states I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they did some sort of compilation of the the earlier games.

Fixed. From what I have seen, most of the fans introduced by P3 don't give a fuck about Shin Megami Tensei games outside of the Persona series or just don't know of their existence. So, I doubt we'll be seeing anything like that. The small reprints of Persona EP and Nocturne on Amazon are probably the closest thing we'll get to this.

Anyway, I guess any old game I feel nostalgic about is a prime candidate for a list of re-releases.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 01:36:28 AM »

Oh and while we're at it, why not port the first two SMTs over to the DS and add an Etrian Odyssey-like mapping system.

Or just DS ports of the first two SMTs. I mean what the hell, Atlus actually listens to its fanbase. Why are we not bothering them about this? The games already had GBA ports. Just translate them and stick them on a DS cart. They're not even that text heavy. 

Nich from Atlus USA actually talked about that on the latest Retronauts podcast. He basically said that they’d been looking to bring them over for a while, but they just can’t foresee it being financially viable.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

What is it going for now? $120?

Konami must be blind, deaf and/or stupid. Atleast Squeenix noticed the whole Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyrie Profile thing and took action (pushed games as a GH titles, ports). They've got a decent PSP port and a not so decent localisation lying around somewhere, so they should give us the damn game already. English PSP Suikoden II = Free money.

I heard the Suikoden I & II ports sold less than 25000 copies in Japan, but the situation in America and Europe is probably different. Also, it can't be much of a risk to release the game in English, since it's just a port.

In order for this to work, at least over here in America, SCEA needs to kill their godamn stupid, retarded and moronic policy of "NO IDENTICAL PORTS OF PSONE GAMES FOR THE PSP, DUHR DUHR" Thanks to this Breath of Fire 3 and Tales of Eternia just saw the light in Europe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:45:19 PM by ChevalierEagle » Logged
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:16 PM »

Of course I'm the only person who wants Final Fantasy VIII remade.  Preferably for the PS3.  The game to this day still looks pretty good, it was really ahead of the curve when it was released.  I'd love to see the graphics updated for PS3 and a few new things added in.  I'm not sure if this thread was intended as literally rereleased or 'remade', so I'll stick with rereleased.  In that case, I'd love for Persona 1 & 2 to be released again.  Actually, Persona 2 was already re-released in limited quanities to Gamestop a year or two back, I was just dumb and didn't take advantage of it.  Another used game store bought all the copies we had and sold them all for 2 or 3 times as much.  Now I can't find either one of them for less then 60-80$ and I own all the other SMT games. 

I'd say Suikoden 1 and 2 or Valkyrie Profile but I'm actually lucky enough to own original copies of those, along with Lunar 1 and 2 with all the wonderful collectibles.  Lately I'm having a hard time finding Grim Grimoire and I was too busy playing Odin Sphere to try it out.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 11:10:52 PM »

Nich from Atlus USA actually talked about that on the latest Retronauts podcast. He basically said that they’d been looking to bring them over for a while, but they just can’t foresee it being financially viable.

Compilation set, PSP/DS, or XboxLive/PSn.

I call bullshit on "not financially viable".

If they release it, people will buy it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 11:56:38 PM »

Compilation set, PSP/DS, or XboxLive/PSn.

I call bullshit on "not financially viable".

If they release it, people will buy it.

The Japanese side of Atlus needs to do a graphical rehaul of SMT 1 and 2, and release that remake in Japan. At that point, I'm SURE Atlus USA would jump on it. But I think they're being honest. If they just run a translation on the SNES or PS versions of SMT1&2 and put it on any of the platforms you mentioned, it will not have been worth their time. However, if there's a graphically updated version that at least MEETS today's graphical standards, and then they release that translated in English? That's big bucks right there. Guaranteed.

I don't mean to sound like a loser, but if you go back and look at those games, they are ugggggly. And bland. The whole first person thing is yuck. And it's a little clunky to control too. Throwing it into SMT3 skin would certainly do the trick, but they wouldn't even have to go THAT far if they didn't want to.

Ramza

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: