Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340830 Posts in 13927 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG's you'd like to see re-released
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: RPG's you'd like to see re-released  (Read 19121 times)
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »

I would like to see The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past completely reworked and re released in highdef. I don't want a 3D re imagining of it, keep it 2D... 3/4 overhead view, but give it way more detail. Keep the music the same, but have an orchestra do it. Would be awesome. I know this would be hard to do since Nintendo has yet to release a high def system.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2008, 01:14:40 AM »

I don't really think Innocent Sin needs to be touched up at all, to be honest, but I see the point you're making.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2008, 01:34:12 AM »

I mentioned this awhile ago, but:

A current gen reimagining of Shining Force, Shining Force II, Shining Force III (all scenarios), Shining Force Gaiden, Sword of Hajya, and Final Conflict.  Not specifically with super high end graphics, but with some reworked storyline, music, gameplay.

I think that would be fucking outstanding.  Pop some actual towns into the Gaidens, some exploration into the original, some localization into the second game, actually GIVE US the second scenarios of SFIII...

Oh, my God.

Give it the Lunar SSSC treatment with a fucking nice box, soundtrack discs, a Yogurt plushie...  If it was actually as good as I can imagine it, I would pay Sega $200+ for it.

This, wow and you have a valkyria chronicles avatar... we should run away together and get married.

What can I say, I like SRPGs.  And dicks.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 01:50:46 AM »

Tales of Eternia

Why Eternia? I believe it got ported to the PSP a couple of years back.

Huh, I wasn't even aware it did. Thanks for the info.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »

Wasn't that a Europe only thing? Anyway, it is available in English and the PSP is region free, so you can play it if you want to. Tales of Eternia is fairly cheap in Europe (often even budgetbin cheap), so it shouldn't be very expensive to import.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2008, 04:51:55 AM »

Ah shit. I forgot it wasn't a US thing. But yes, the English version was released in PAL regions, and it's actually quite a neat little RPG. I managed to grab myself a cheap second hand copy for $22 NZD, so i'm sure you guys should find it for a similar bargain. And the PSP is indeed region free, so you shouldn't have any troubles with it.

I would like to see The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past completely reworked and re released in highdef. I don't want a 3D re imagining of it, keep it 2D... 3/4 overhead view, but give it way more detail. Keep the music the same, but have an orchestra do it. Would be awesome. I know this would be hard to do since Nintendo has yet to release a high def system.

Might make a decent WiiWare title. Though yes, it would be better off saved for the next gen.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 05:01:52 AM by ShadowLaguna » Logged

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2008, 07:35:59 PM »

Eternia's nice. That and Symphonia are the only tales games I've ever liked (though Phantasia and Abyss were the only other ones I played, and my unwillingness to play Abyss is partially because my PS2 is f'in up and making the battle have ENDLESS LOAD TIMES).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

i'd like to see a shining force 2 remake just dont make it look like that lame sf1 remake for gba. dont get me wrong i liked the extra content but hated the graphic style. actually shining force 3 needs a remake too. the years have been kinder to sf2 than sf3.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »

It takes a special kind of talent to do a remake for a system with massively increased color palette and still end up with a game that's less colorful than the original.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2008, 01:10:02 AM »

I'd also like to see P2:IS and for them to localize that Suikoden I/II PSP port. I like the old school graphics on the handhelds.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 07:21:26 PM »

I know it's a PC title, but I'd like to see a rerelease of Planescape: Torment so folks don't have to pay a hefty price for a copy.  It's kinda in that "best game that no one's played" category.

Other than that, whatever games I said in an earlier post. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:36:06 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »

Of course I'm the only person who wants Final Fantasy VIII remade.  Preferably for the PS3.  The game to this day still looks pretty good, it was really ahead of the curve when it was released.  I'd love to see the graphics updated for PS3 and a few new things added in

While I'm a huge FF8 fan (favorite in the series), I'm not sure it NEEDS a remake as much as some of the others. FF8 and FF9 were two games that just felt like they made great usage of the capabilities they had. The graphics were totally awesome at the time, as apposed to FF7s graphics, which looked laughable to me even back when it first came out. I'd say FF7 needs a remake even more... if only to make all the stupid fan boys shut the fuck up about it. FF7 was a much more flawed game than FF8, so it's more in need of a makeover.

However, the one I want the most is FF6 because, as I've said before, it feels like a 3D game that was forced onto 2D hardware, and would benefit substantially from a 3D makeover. Not because it's flawed (in fact, I think it's possibly the least flawed in the series tied with FF9), but because it has so much potential for increased awesomeness. I think I'll probably get my wish in the next 3 years on the DS.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »

I always thought Dragon Warrior 7 deserved a much better translation than what it got.

I know it's a PC title, but I'd like to see a rerelease of Planescape: Torment so folks don't have to pay a hefty price for a copy.  It's kinda in that "best game that no one's played" category.

I think I payed all of three bucks for Torment like, a few years back*. I didn't play it much, although I'll admit that I'm not that fond of any of the Infinity engine games. Just a liiiittle bit too much a tendency to throw stuff at you at once.

While I'm a huge FF8 fan (favorite in the series), I'm not sure it NEEDS a remake as much as some of the others.

FFVIII's gameplay was pretty broken. I think adding in some sort of actual difficulty would be reason enough to remake it. Maybe make it so you can't just spam GF summons for... pretty much all of the game except for three or so boss fights?

Not because it's flawed (in fact, I think it's possibly the least flawed in the series tied with FF9),

Objectively speaking, FFVI was pretty flawed just in the sense that it had a lot of bugs.

* Maybe I should change this to pretty damn all of three bucks. That that this line makes any sense anymore because I just changed the rest of the post. Whoops.

o/` I do not dream o/`

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2008, 04:54:34 AM »

I always thought Dragon Warrior 7 deserved a much better translation than what it got.

Yet another RPG that never made it to PAL regions. I'm sure it'll get a re-release sooner or later.

FFVIII's gameplay was pretty broken. I think adding in some sort of actual difficulty would be reason enough to remake it. Maybe make it so you can't just spam GF summons for... pretty much all of the game except for three or so boss fights?

If every boss had a certain level, instead on them levelling up when you do, the game would then be a bit harder I suppose.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2008, 09:42:27 AM »

3 bucks for Torment?  If you look at any online resource that sells used games, Torment sells for at least 13 times that.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: