Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 02:09:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338689 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  General Game Awards 2008 thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: General Game Awards 2008 thread  (Read 10482 times)
Noobien
The Random Clueless Guy of The Forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. It was not my intention to offend or bother any of you. I am not an expert at Gears but i have played enough of it to know that its fucked up and what is wrong with it. According to your stats, you have not played the game online yet (you're not missing out on much though to be honest)

Anyway, sorry if i have offended anyone. I lashed out because i suppose i am a tad frustrated that every post i seem to make leads to flamming or getting flammed by someone else.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:00:51 PM by Noobien » Logged

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 04:39:24 PM »

Just because you think something's wrong, doesn't mean it is. I know someone at work who loves the game, but it doesn't automatically think it's great.

For example, I trolled the ToV boards on GameFAQs because I thought ToV was a piece of shit compared to Symphonia and the Abyss, but that doesn't mean it is.

tl;dr - Your fucking opinion is not a fucking fact.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »

I am sorry to hear that. It was not my intention to offend or bother any of you. I am not an expert at Gears but i have played enough of it to know that its fucked up and what is wrong with it. According to your stats, you have not played the game online yet (you're not missing out on much though to be honest)

Anyway, sorry if i have offended anyone. I lashed out because i suppose i am a tad frustrated that every post i seem to make leads to flamming or getting flammed by someone else.

its okay m8 i got your back :)

Noobien

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 12:53:39 AM »

Just because you think something's wrong, doesn't mean it is. I know someone at work who loves the game, but it doesn't automatically think it's great.

For example, I trolled the ToV boards on GameFAQs because I thought ToV was a piece of shit compared to Symphonia and the Abyss, but that doesn't mean it is.

tl;dr - Your fucking opinion is not a fucking fact.

i didnt say my opinion was fact. look mate, i dont want to argue this so lets just forget about it.

back on topic: did anyone take a look at gamespot GOTY awards? they were strange to say the least...(burnout paradise was nominated for best graphics O_o) http://au.gamespot.com/best-of/year-in-review/index.html

anyway heres my GOTY awards (feel free to take my post apart)
Best Multiplayer game - Team Fortress 2 (*gasp* could it be? a balanced multiplayer shooter?!)
best graphics - Crysis Warhead
Best singleplayer campaign - dead space? maybe farcry 2
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 01:00:34 AM by Noobien » Logged

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 05:16:38 AM »

IGN's best Wii game of 2008 = .....World of Goo!?

http://au.bestof.ign.com/2008/wii/25.html

Not surprised with the PS3 and 360s best from them.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Noobien

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 05:43:29 AM »

is GTA even an action game? how does it get best action game on 360 (i think ninja gaiden is the only game on that list that IS an action game) :S the others dont surprise me (except GTA4 for best graphics) and it is good to see Bad Company nominated for best shooter and best online multiplayer.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

IGN's best Wii game of 2008 = .....World of Goo!?

I'd probably pick something else myself, but after playing the game this is very hard to argue against.

And yes Grand Theft Auto is an action game. It's a very broad category.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 10:53:13 PM »

I think, unfortunately, Persona 4 is going to get overlooked this year, as there doesn't seem to be any PS2 categories on any sites I've seen.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2008, 01:12:57 AM »

Well GameTrailers gave best PS2 game to freaking Rock Band 2 (bleck). Of course I hate those games, so that's just my hate shining through.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2008, 02:27:19 AM »

Rock Band is fun, and I assume it's sequel is even better (lol Australia). I don't think I'd ever buy the PS2 version of it though.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2008, 02:51:33 AM »

It'd be easy enough to recommend to someone who just wants to play with their friends and doesn't care to upgrade to a PS3/360/Wii any time soon, but for a best of platform award I'd rather see something that's exclusive, excels, or at least isn't inherently worse than on other platforms. I'm sure Rock Band 2 is vastly superior to 99% of the other games downported though!

It's worth keeping in mind now that I think about it that sometimes you'll have different staff covering different platforms, I'm pretty sure IGN does this anyway, so in that way you could just be seeing the favorites of a specific crew and not a universal opinion.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2008, 04:35:00 AM »

It's worth keeping in mind now that I think about it that sometimes you'll have different staff covering different platforms, I'm pretty sure IGN does this anyway, so in that way you could just be seeing the favorites of a specific crew and not a universal opinion.

Oh of course, and I’m sure different websites handle their end of year awards in different ways too. 

But man, it's weird to see a toned down port getting a game of the year award, even if it's on the PS2. For me at least; I’m surprised they didn’t go for something out of the left field.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:42:10 AM by AJR » Logged

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 05:04:33 AM »

I had hoped there'd be something interesting said to justify the reasoning like with the Forces Unleashed choice by Time explaining how it was better than the recent movies, but I just got some typical stuff.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 08:45:21 AM »

Well GameTrailers gave best PS2 game to freaking Rock Band 2 (bleck). Of course I hate those games, so that's just my hate shining through.

This is why sites should a category titled "Multiplatform Game of the Year". And I'd imagine Persona 4 blows any Guitar Hero/Rock Band game out of the water. Persona 3 most certainly did.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has been awarded Overall Game of the Year on GameSpot. Yay!!!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 11:08:38 PM »

Persona 4 > everything

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: