Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340939 Posts in 13934 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dirge of Cerberus Online?!?!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dirge of Cerberus Online?!?!  (Read 2220 times)
Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:39:28 PM »

Ok someone explain me this because I dont understand Japanese:
http://www.playonline.com/dcff7/index.shtml

Will the online service exist on the American version as well? o.o
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 02:40:24 PM »

DoC has online deathmatching.

I don't see why not.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 10:02:52 PM »

ooooooooo I wonder what characters will be playable in multiplayer.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
CarpeNoctumXIII
Banninated

CarpeNoctumXIII
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:06:47 AM »

I could have sworn you create your own characters, but I could be wrong. I wonder if this game will play good enough to even go online with.

--Oh, please. Warping the minds of men and shepherding the masses has always been your Church's domain. You lure sheep with empty miracles and a dead God. ...Or perhaps you, too, are a sheep, Samantha. A poor little lamb, bleating for your faith as though it were milk of the poppy. Yet mark your savior well, for he is one of the demons you so fear, Samantha--
Malevolent_Angel

Magun246@hotmail.com Magun246@hotmail Magun246@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »

The game looks solid enough, but then again i never totally judge a game before I get my hands on it.

It kinda seems like u would be able to create your own character to play online with. But knowing square-enix, they'll probably try to incorporate every FFVII character they can. Which isn't  necessarily a bad thing.

We hold in our hearts, the sword and the faith. Swelled up from the rain, clouds move like a wraith. Well after all we'll lie another day. And through it all, we'll find some other way. To carry on, through cartilage and fluid. And did you come to stare, or wash away the blood?
Druff

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »

They announced last week that the online aspect was removed from the US version of DoC because it requires the HD and playonline.com, both of which are "unpopular in the US". But they also said that they've changed the game a lot and that it will play much better than the JP version did.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 01:18:38 AM »

Bleh... Ironically this upped my interest for DoC, but I'm just generally sick of supporting the HD /at all/ being snubbed in the US. Bloody hell, even the installation options are being thrown out in every game. :P

Edit: Curious about HDD support removal in other games, I decided to google it for WA:ACF, the one game whose NA release actually was slated to support it. Found this interview. A bit off topic, and it doesn't really go into much detail, but may interest some of you anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: