Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318914 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Would you name your kid Hitler?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Would you name your kid Hitler?  (Read 4764 times)
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »

http://home.peoplepc.com/psp/newsstory.asp?cat=TopStories&referrer=welcome&id=20081216/494735d0_3ca6_1552620081216-612807407

This assjack did.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:18:19 PM »

Yeah I read that earlier today. What the hell were they thinking? That kid's not going to have a fun time in school.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

If he has another daughter, I sure hope he doesn't name her Kim Jong-Il Campbell.

Seriously, that dude named his kid that for attention.

And they say they're not racist?! Why the fuck then would one of your kids' middle name be Aryan Nation?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:01:52 PM »

Kid Hitler was probably the worst beat 'em up I've ever played. I was expecting a lot more from IREM. I mean they made R-Type for god's sake.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 12:37:41 AM »

The other kid is named /Aryan Nation/.

If they are not skinheads, they're /just fucking retarded/.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:50:21 AM »

Social statement gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:21:16 AM »

I could understand naming your kid Dolf because you like the name, but that poor kid's middlename is Hitler. Yep, future punching bag. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes all fucked up and does something horrible.

BTW I'm surprised he was allowed to call his son Adolf Hitler. In the Netherlands there are strict laws to prevent things like this happening.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 05:24:23 AM by Tomara » Logged
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 10:20:12 AM »

Heath Campbell said he named his son after Adolf Hitler because he liked the name and because "no one else in the world would have that name." He sounded surprised by all the controversy the dispute had generated.

Is he honestly that flippin' dense? 

I'd rather have those people who wanted to name their kid Superman or For Realz. 

The book Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants should be required reading for anyone wishing to curse their kids with a weird name.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 11:09:58 AM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »

Social statement gone horribly, horribly wrong.

No dude. A social statement would be calling him "Hitler" or "Adolf", not both. Further, the fact his daughter is named "Aryan Nation"? NOT a social statement. Definitely a closet racist who is batshit fucking insane.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »

The other kid is named /Aryan Nation/.

If they are not skinheads, they're /just fucking retarded/.

That was my take on it.  They can say all they want to that they named one kid Adolf Hitler because no one else would name their kid that, but then again if that was all it was about they could have named their kid like Tentacledemon or something (which isn't a good idea, just saying it would be just as used).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 08:17:18 PM »

Aryan Nation was the shittiest fucking Civ mod ever. I mean, if Kid Hitler was one of the worst beat 'em ups I've ever played, it's pure gold compared to Aryan Nation.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »

That's messed up. Using Adolf Hitler as the child's name is as ridiculous as it gets. However, like Hidoshi pointed out, if parents want to name their child Adolf, I find nothing wrong that. Lets not forget, a first name is harmless in and of itself. I mean, personally, I like the name Adolf, that doesn't mean I like the man Adolf Hitler. It sort of reminds me of what George Carlin used to say in one of his angles; specifically the "they're just words" act. That, of course, doesn't apply to a full name, such as Adolf Hitler, especially if one is to use it to name their child, middle name or not. What I meant by George Carlin's angle, was people tend to associate certain words with a negative connotation, such as the first name, Adolf. In short, naming your son Adolf Hitler, bad. Naming your son Adolf, good.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

"There's a new president and he says it's time for a change; well, then it's time for a change,"

That made me ROFL. Irony at its finest.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »

That's messed up. Using Adolf Hitler as the child's name is as ridiculous as it gets. However, like Hidoshi pointed out, if parents want to name their child Adolf, I find nothing wrong that. Lets not forget, a first name is harmless in and of itself. I mean, personally, I like the name Adolf, that doesn't mean I like the man Adolf Hitler. It sort of reminds me of what George Carlin used to say in one of his angles; specifically the "they're just words" act. That, of course, doesn't apply to a full name, such as Adolf Hitler, especially if one is to use it to name their child, middle name or not. What I meant by George Carlin's angle, was people tend to associate certain words with a negative connotation, such as the first name, Adolf. In short, naming your son Adolf Hitler, bad. Naming your son Adolf, good.

Meh, I don't think Carlin understood words as being properly related to values and concepts. Utilitarianism is pretty fail in this regard. Carlin aside, even naming the kid Adolf is questionable. We can't even bring Swastikas out without a fuss, despite it not having racist connotations for approximately 2.5 billion people in this world (taking Buddhists, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, and Taoists as a general sample). Naming someone Adolf isn't a great idea, though it will net you fewer problems than Hitler.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 01:26:17 PM »

Think of the children. What about the children?!
                                                       - Helen Lovejoy

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: