Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330126 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  White Knight Chronicles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: White Knight Chronicles  (Read 7033 times)
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 04:32:32 PM »

I don't see what's so bad about Rogue Galaxy. I liked it, aside the repetition...and the story during the end.

Yeah. 

I'll add the repetition of needing to heal all the time like going through heals like water, atleast I did.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »

And that was a large part of what killed the enjoyment.  Making an action RPG, and then forcing the player to have to freeze the action to heal over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over was absolutely horrible.  The game had serious design flaws.
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »

Agreed, the healing slowed down the pacing of the game, unless you were really skilled with the battle system, it would have been a much smoother experience if the general HP of the characters had been balanced better so this didn't happen except for bosses.

This was my main downer as you can see from above as well so I understand where you are coming from, but I still enjoyed the game.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:56:03 PM by Kos-mos » Logged
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »

I thought the battle system was SO3 in a special ed class. I couldn't have much fun fighting in the beginning of the game (the first boss wiped my ass because of having so few potions), and the fact it felt like it was turn based. Attack, hold down the block button, attack, rinse and repeat.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

New video

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_9776_en.html

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:44 AM »

So, uhhh, does anyone still care? Famitsu gave it a 7/7/8/7 according to this Neogaf post, and while they're scores I wouldn't worry too much over normally Famitsu tends to be VERY nice with their scores. Also saying it's 'just like any other Level 5 RPG' pretty much kills what interest I had.

7/7/8/7 is only a few points lower than their scores for Persona 3 and Persona 4.  And like Losfer mentioned, Famitsu gave that steaming load of dog shit The Last Remnant a 38. 

I'm starting to think that the best way to translate Famitsu scores is to think 30 is the absolute best, and the farther a score deviates from 30, the worse the game is.  So, a 40/40 Famitsu game is, in all probability, equally shitty as a 20/40 one.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 12:48:14 AM »

So, uhhh, does anyone still care? Famitsu gave it a 7/7/8/7 according to this Neogaf post, and while they're scores I wouldn't worry too much over normally Famitsu tends to be VERY nice with their scores. Also saying it's 'just like any other Level 5 RPG' pretty much kills what interest I had.
And like Losfer mentioned, Famitsu gave that steaming load of dog shit The Last Remnant a 38. 

Cuz you've played the game...

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 12:50:49 AM »

And like Losfer mentioned, Famitsu gave that steaming load of dog shit The Last Remnant a 38. 

Cuz you've played the game...

Nah, but I've seen videos of it, videos that make animation flip-books - the ones elementary school students make in art class - look silky smooth in comparison.  That's more than enough for me.  Keep on deluding yourself that it's a quality title, though. :)

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 12:52:07 AM »

I'm not deluding myself. It's my opinion that it's a good game.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 12:57:39 AM »

And Blace busts out his Limit Break - the "opinion" card.

I could say that in my opinion, McDonalds is a fine restaurant and serves nothing but the highest quality food, and it is the paragon of health and nutrition.  I'd also be completely wrong.  BUT HAY, THAT'S OK, IT'S MY OPINION RITE? =^.^=

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »

I could say that in my opinion, McDonalds is a fine restaurant and serves nothing but the highest quality food, and it is the paragon of health and nutrition.  I'd also be completely wrong.  BUT HAY, THAT'S OK, IT'S MY OPINION RITE? =^.^=

You wouldn't be completely wrong if that's what you thought, but that's just my opinion :P

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 01:07:36 AM »

You wouldn't be completely wrong if that's what you thought, but that's just my opinion :P

Glad we're in agreement.  Go grab yourself a nice greasy Big Mac and work on your 5th run through The Last Remnant then, dork. :P

ANYWAY, regarding the "it's like every other Level 5 RPG" comment in the review, this personally doesn't deter me from Shirokishi Monogatari.  I mean, heck, this is the website which has more Tales fans than any other corner of the internet, and if one Tales game isn't the shining example of "a game like every other game in its series," then I don't know what is.  Developers have a certain style, and that style tends to manifest itself inevitably... my only concern is that I don't know how much I dig Level 5's style.  They're extremely hit-or-miss to me.  DQ8 was great, but that was constructed under the watchful eye of Square Enix.  And I never cared much for Dark Cloud and its sequel, nor Rogue Galaxy.  So, we'll see I suppose.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 01:13:48 AM »

I have never seen such bitter tears over Famitsu reviews before.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »

BTW, any demo that might come out in the near future?
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 07:17:57 AM »

Famitsu gave Mass Effect a 14/40, by the way.

As for this game, I`m not really looking forward to it(not anymore at least). It looks just like another generic JRPG of which there have been plenty this gen(Sonata, Vesperia, Undiscovery, Last Remnant and Blue Dragon, to name a few). Will rather import Ryu ga Gotoku 3 instead.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: