Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338152 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Atlantica
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atlantica  (Read 2480 times)
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »

I just downloaded this MMORPG because I liked the music and was interested in the turn based battling. Before I even install this saint/heathen into my laptop, can anyone shed some of their experiences with this game if they have played it? I'm not a fan of downloading fail MMORPGS.

Thanks.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

In my experience, 100% Free MMO's are either 1) Garbage or 2) Hugely disappointing after you realize that after the initial excitement and experience settles and you get more comfortable with the game...there isnt much new content. Re: Runescape

If you're honestly looking for a good MMO, invest some cash and either buy one and pay the monthly subscription (WoW and FFXII are both terrific choices) or look at a game like Guild Wars that is subscription free after purchasing the game.

BUT...the silver lining is that it's free, so if it does indeed turn out to be garbage, at least you've only wasted a little time.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 12:00:29 AM »

That's true. I have played enough of them to know that a lot of them is hype and then a harsh letdown. Though I was a bit more curious if anyone had actually played Atlantica. I'll just dive into it and give me personal Pass/FAIL report. Thanks though.

Ohh! I was actually thinking about picking up Final Fantasy XI, so I'll check into it further.

Sinner2000

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 07:56:21 AM »

I beg to differ on this one... while updates may not be as common as in WoW for example, there is still alot of effort and work being put into this one...

Currently the most popular free MMORPG around I believe, I was looking for that when trying to find a new MMO to waste time on.. and it really is a very new and exciting game with loads of content... up to 9 individual characters under your control, so you never get bored with just the one char, and you can outfit and equip each one, and then its basically turn based from there.

Whats interesting is that its based on the world in the alleged past so its got towns and cities that really exist and guilds can work to take control of these towns and then get to manage each part of it  and rebuild it, which is fun.

also the market system, it totally player dependant, you set a price for what you want to sell and other people can search for it, so you can buy cheap from other ppl and sell for higher, quite unique...

also, since it is still technically a beta, theres new content being added all the time... just a few weeks ago the level cap was raised from 100 - 120, and new towns were being placed in the game like New York, and theres due to be alot more new content coming up soon...

If you want to get into the scene of a more contemporary MMO without the cost, then you should at least give this a go
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 03:12:00 PM »

I beg to differ on this one... while updates may not be as common as in WoW for example, there is still alot of effort and work being put into this one...

Currently the most popular free MMORPG around I believe, I was looking for that when trying to find a new MMO to waste time on.. and it really is a very new and exciting game with loads of content... up to 9 individual characters under your control, so you never get bored with just the one char, and you can outfit and equip each one, and then its basically turn based from there.

Whats interesting is that its based on the world in the alleged past so its got towns and cities that really exist and guilds can work to take control of these towns and then get to manage each part of it  and rebuild it, which is fun.

also the market system, it totally player dependant, you set a price for what you want to sell and other people can search for it, so you can buy cheap from other ppl and sell for higher, quite unique...

also, since it is still technically a beta, theres new content being added all the time... just a few weeks ago the level cap was raised from 100 - 120, and new towns were being placed in the game like New York, and theres due to be alot more new content coming up soon...

If you want to get into the scene of a more contemporary MMO without the cost, then you should at least give this a go

I actually have been playing it for the past couple of nights and love it. They did something that EVERY MMORPG should have = AutoMove to the next quest. I'm a fan of exploration, but I despise having to look for someone I never heard of or seen. The battle music is fabulous, I've never heard such a catchy battle song in an MMORPG for a while. Not a fan of the generic title screen music, I hear it everywhere else, but I digress.

Yeah, the game is really fun and it may be a long term thing if I have 30 minutes or an hour to play around with at night. For now it's definitely a pass.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: