Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329984 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Merry Xmass
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Merry Xmass  (Read 4867 times)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 07:04:13 PM »

Marry Christmas! And remember to spend time with your loved ones!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 10:38:57 PM »

My folks were pretty generous and got me some stuff that's going to be useful when I (likely) move next month to SoCal.

Maglight flashlight, tools, some dress shoes, and then just assorted little things.

No games, etc., and I'm honestly pretty happy with that - it's not as if I don't have everything I want to play, anyway.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 10:41:09 PM »

I got some clothes. Good thing I didn't get video games or anime, since I've hardly played any games the past two months, and don't watch anime as much as I used to.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 10:52:35 PM »

Merry Christmas everyone, and a Bah Humbug to all the scrooges out there too.

Regardless of your religious beliefs, I hope everyone had a great day today.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 11:01:44 PM »

Merry Christmas all. I was bombarded with a lot of gifts this years, bringing back some nostalgic younger years and greatness.

My gifts: Grandia Xtreme, Rune Factory 2, Awesome tie (which I can't wait to wear while performing), Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, a Webcam,  and the squirrel that came with the preorder of RF2. Also Tales of Vesperia.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 02:24:07 AM »

It is not Christmas any more yet I am posting in the Christmas thread. Blasphemy! No games, but some pretty nifty clothing (shirts, ties, sweatshirts, and a decent winter coat). I also got some moneys which I plan to put towards a surround sound headset and a bigger hard drive for the 360.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 04:33:45 AM »

Merry Christmas!

We do a lot for other people the rest of the year and Christmas is always " family first, screw the rest!" for us. Which means we give eachother really nice presents :D

I got:
-a small sewing machine
-two kumihimo discs (tools used for Japanese braiding)
-Growlanser: Heritage of War
-Watership Down
-2000 Wii points
-Wii classic controller
-We always have or sin too (Engrish book)
-carrying case for my DS
-a hat

Fun things that happened:
-the dog left a surprise in the living room for the first time in month. My sister discovered it when she stepped in it, right during christmas dinner. It was a very watery surprise.
-Someone gave the bathroom a present. The tag read "Mom Bathroom"

Not so fun:
-Growlanser was accidently given to my brother. He was surprised, because 1. he got a Xbox 360 for Christmas and 2. he doesn't like SRPG that much. The game was given to it's rightful owner the moment after he received it. Thanks bro :)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 04:38:25 AM by Tomara » Logged
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 07:26:32 AM »

I don't celebrate Christmas but I *have* been enjoying the sales and the small bonus allowance I got in light of Eid Hajj plus my Winter Break. <3

Bought myself a Mohair Blanket, an Elbow album, spa stuff from the Bodyshop and something from Neal's Yard Remedies. My brother's friends also handed him a bucketful of ps3 games for the holidays, so we've been playing DMC4 and the Prince of Persia.

It's been a good festive season for me. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and that you're all looking forward to the New Year!!

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »

I got a motorcycle, Pictionary, a chair, and some chocolate.

Was a bit surprised by the motorcycle, really. Never had something that expensive for Christmas before.

Also found out I ended up with a B in my deviance and social control class. Was disappointed with that. Was hoping for an A to round out a 4.0.

My mom bought herself a Persian kitty. It's friendly, looks nice. Keeps jumping on my laptop and pressing keys, then looking in shock at the screen when letters appear. It's amazed by this.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:26:51 AM by everluck » Logged

[/url]
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »

I got to watch as my sister woke everyone in the house up very early and insist everyone go downstairs and open their gifts, most of which were hers.  Then I cleaned up the kitchen and helped prep dinner while everyone watched TV.  Had a small dinner with my mom, sister and step-dad, and then eventually passed out watching garbage on TV.  All in all, it was a decent Christmas.  I feel like the magic of the holiday is slowly being lost as I get older, maybe it'll get nicer with a new sister on the way, or once I have my own kids eager for Christmas.

As for what I got, my sister bought me a small bear figurine from her school, and my mom gave me a good amount of money which is being put towards a couple of friend's birthday gifts and a (hopeful) summer week trip to SF Bay Area.  It is a WHOLE lot more than I expected this year.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 02:20:09 PM »

My wife bought me a PS3, which was cool, because we planned to use any money we got as presents to buy one... so now I have Christmas money to spend on a game and such.

My in-laws (who I like) come over to our house every year, and most of the Christmas present action goes to my nephew, who's 5.  It's more fun to watch him open and play with stuff anyway. :D

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »

I got:
Tales of Vesperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Blue Dragon
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Death Note Wallscroll

Needless to say I had a fun Christmas. :)

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 04:44:05 AM »

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone had a great time with the family. =)

Swag:

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village
- Family Guy vol. 6
- Scrubs season 1
- Electric shaver/razor thing
- Pocket knife
- Speed Racer (movie)
- Big ol' thing of Reeses
- $40
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 01:01:42 PM »

Christmas was good to me too:

Carhartt Hoodie
2 pairs of pajamas
a pair of jeans
Tiny Toons Season 1 Volume 1
Batman: Gotham Knight
Dragon Quest IV
50 bucks

Then yesterday I went to GameStop and traded in Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and MarioKart DS and found a used copy of Ar Tonelico. I was going to buy Chrono Trigger DS too, but decided against it. I really don't mind the loading times on the PS version and, though portable would be nice, it isn't enough to merit spending 40 bucks on a game I already own.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »

I was pretty surprised with some of the stuff I got for Christmas!  Wasn't expecting a lot of it. 
As far as games go:
Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Space
Eternal Sonata
Persona 4
Prince of Persia:  The Fallen King (DS)
Animal Crossing:  City Folk for Wii with wii speak. 

Other than that I got Heroes Season 2, How I met your mother Season 3, and a few cds. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: