Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 04:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334828 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  I need shopping advice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I need shopping advice  (Read 5401 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 12:44:22 PM »

Don't get TWEWY, the music is worse than Persona 3 and 4's combined.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 01:10:29 PM »

Haha, that was said with conviction! I picked up the album because it's something to listen for background music or softly playing when working, but not something I would listen while playing a game.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »

I like those soundtracks. :P

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »

I like those soundtracks. :P

I like them as well. They're excellent OSTs.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »

That must mean TWEWY's is even better!

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »

I think TWEWY's soundtrack is definitely better than P3 and P4. You definitely should like the music. And TWEWY is an excellent game that you should definitely pick up.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »

TWEWY's soundtrack is similar in style to the Shoji Meguro stuff in Persona 3 and 4, but I didn't think it was quite as good.  It's like comparing margarine to butter.  Some may say it's like comparing Coke and Pepsi.  "Calling" was my favorite song on the TWEWY soundtrack.  

I can't say anything about Eternal Sonata since I never played it, but I think my review of The World Ends With You was fair.  I liked the game quite a bit (some of the gameplay innovations are genius: like being able to adjust multiple aspects of the difficulty level on the fly) but it is far from perfect.  

TWEWY is one of those games that does not make a good first impression (largely due to Neku himself) but becomes stronger as it goes on and ends really well.  On the other hand, people say that Eternal Sonata starts out awesome, but falls apart toward the end. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 03:03:30 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »

TWEWY's soundtrack is similar in style to the Shoji Meguro stuff in Persona 3 and 4, but I didn't think it was quite as good.  It's like comparing margarine to butter.  Some may say it's like comparing Coke and Pepsi.  "Calling" was my favorite song on the TWEWY soundtrack. 

I can't say anything about Eternal Sonata since I never played it, but I think my review of The World Ends With You was fair.  I liked the game quite a bit (some of the gameplay innovations are genius: like being able to adjust multiple aspects of the difficulty level on the fly) but it is far from perfect. 

TWEWY is one of those games that does not make a good first impression (largely due to Neku himself) but becomes stronger as it goes on and ends really well.  On the other hand, people say that Eternal Sonata starts out awesome, but falls apart toward the end. 

Eternal Sonata's ending and Credits were pretty BS. I was hoping for something different, but the final boss was perfect. The credits were FUBAR and just wasn't what I expected. The music in the game is what captivated me though, though Disc 2 & 3 were pretty weak on the OST.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 02:13:02 PM »

Well I grabbed Eternal Sonata because I wasn't able to find TWEWY anywhere in Ottawa.

:/

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 04:58:49 PM »

Ottawa

There's your problem.

Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »

I'd say The World Ends With you simply because I can guarantee you haven't played anything like it. ES is also good, as long as you don't go into it expecting anything unique.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 06:18:52 PM by Buddy » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

How's that?

Anyway, I'm hoping I can find TWEWY at the second hand shop I normally go to in St. Catharines.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 03:51:51 AM »

I think TWEWY's soundtrack is definitely better than P3 and P4.

I definitely prefer Persona 3's solely because when it breaks from the rap/pop it is amazing. However if were to simply compare the rap/pop stuff then it's a bit of a toss up. The soundtrack for TWEWY is up on iTunes for anyone that wants to check for themselves, but hearing it as you play the game is a notably different experience than listening to it by itself.

That sucks you only had Eternal Sonata to pick though. Not that I'm really qualified for an opinion beyond a demo and watching the ending, but simply having the choice would've been good.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:23:21 PM by Eusis » Logged
TresErre

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »

I haven't played TWEWY, but I did enjoy Eternal Sonata, it sure isn't the best game ever, but it's beautiful, the music is great, I liked the battl system which changes as you advance in the game, and in which other game can you play as Chopin killing things around with a baton?

I personally didn't like the ending and all the moral stuff they constantly throw at you. But I had a pretty enjoyable experience and will replay it when I have some time.

Sorry if my english is a bit irregular.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: