Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 06:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334803 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DDO WTF
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DDO WTF  (Read 3105 times)
Revchu

22055238 revchu@hotmail.com Raivictis
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:48:06 AM »

So, I didn't even notice it, but Dungeons and Dragons Online just came out. I think I only physically know one person who was playing the beta, and the only adjective he could give me was 'overly-polished'.

Was anyone playing the beta? I'm yearning for MMO action, and it's either this, or I start up WoW again, which is very tempting.

Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:19:58 AM »

Quote from: "Revchu"
I'm yearning for MMO action, and it's either this, or I start up WoW again, which is very tempting.

Go for EQ2 or wait for PSU imo, WoW is great and all but its just too easy, unless thats your cup of tea ^^

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:51:04 AM »

EQ2 might be have more depth, but its still very clunky at best. Its not quite that polished yet. Not to say that WoW isn't, but the controls on EQ2 is not very well thought out. The game is, however, worlds more beautiful than WoW, that goes without saying.

PSU isn't an MMO, so, that rules it out for what he wants since he speficied MMO in his post.

All in all, don't pick the game, pick the players. If you know people you like chilling with playing a certain MMOG, play that one because you'll have more fun playing it than a better MMO game by yourself. Its Massively Multiplayer for a reason.

As for D&DO...I played the beta for a little and its...the same ol same ol with D&DO lore and rules slapped on. Nothing that blew my mind away. But again, if you know people you like playing it, I'd say go for it. At the very least, its a common topic of interest to talk about with your friends.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:33:00 AM »

I think Penny-Arcade summed it up pretty good.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/01/13

DDO sucks....it's missing too much to set it aside from all the others. My take: get EQ2, WoW, or Gulid Wars.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Revchu

22055238 revchu@hotmail.com Raivictis
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:52:12 AM »

EQ2 may be more 'beautiful', but it's significantly soulless. And a constant reminder of how horrible an experience EQ1 was.

WoW maybe fairly easy, but nothing takes the edge off monotony better than actual fun. I might end up playing DDO though, since my tired WoW friends seem to be gravitating towards it for a change.

Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »

From what I've seen on DDO, it's almost all instance running and not much of the outside world you can explore. Even though WoW was easy, I did enjoy the fact I could get stuff done by myself than have to wait for a group to do anything; DDO is understandably geared towards the group experience and finding a group might turn off a lot of players with limited time schedules. This could be a good game if you play with some friends, but it still seems lacking at this point. I'll probably give it a year and see what changes.
Starbreaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »

Don't get me worng. I've played World of Warcraft for 14 months and have many lvl caps, but you must understand that it is more of a social experience than a personal challange. This is obvious when you see the absoloute MORONS at lvl 60 who cannot play their class even after leveling to such a designation.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: