Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 03:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335280 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 306664 times)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

I'm playing the exact same games as you Eusis. Currently like half way through Prince of Persia and still playing some Fallout 3 in between switching to The Last Remnant (I hate the part I'm at). Also have Dead Space waiting in the wings.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 02:47:02 PM »

Well, Fallout 3's end game officially sucks.  The level cap sucks, the main quest sucks, the ending sucks.  Next time through, I'm not even gonna do the main quest and just roam the land. :P

And hey, if you're either on the PC or 360, the G.E.C.K lets you modify that land as you please too. :D
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »

Started up SO for the PSP.
Does every Star Ocean game have an extremely long drawn out opening? I couldn't wait to actually start playing the game.

Yes.  Which speaking of the devil, I plan to go play some more Star Ocean today when I hit up the gym.  With any luck I should finish my second playthrough (well, sorta). 

Just a few more weeks to SO 2 like omg I'll never finish it at my work gym hours fun.  Whee.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 03:08:02 PM »

And hey, if you're either on the PC or 360, the G.E.C.K lets you modify that land as you please too. :D

That's only on PC! Microsoft is somewhat hostile to user generated content anyway.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 03:13:17 PM »

I have officially moved into gaming overload.  Crisis Core on the PSP, Untold Legends on the PS3, both Burnout Paradise and Last Remnant (although LR is the back-burner game) on the 360, No More Heroes on the Wii, and I just found and picked up a copy of Dragon Quest VIII, which I've been meaning to play forEVER.  Before I got all of that, I was working on a new game plus playthrough of Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters... but I don't think I'm ever going to finish that.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »

Speaking of Star Ocean, I tried (TRIED) to find a way to play my save of SO3 a few days back, but couldn't achieve it.

I mean, I tried EVERYTHING.

-- Broken PAL PS2 (since it's a PAL copy of the game)
-- Modded NTSC PS2 (actually modded to play import games) attached to a VGA box, but resulting in a shitty picture on our widescreen monitor
-- PS3 (whoops region locked LOLOLOLOLOLO fuck)
-- PS2 emulator with the actual physical copy of the discs we have.

AND NOTHING.

Not that I'm missing anything.  I've played it halfway through, like, six times and got bored EVERY fucking time I get to Maria.  Which sucks, cause Maria is one of the few cool things IN the damn game.

Sophia needs to die several times over.

I'm still looking forward to SO4 though...!  I wanna see if they actually /do/ make sense of the big (ie boring) plot twist in SO3.  Plus it looks gorgeous.

Other than that, I've just been twatting around in a few things.  Been playing new game+ of Order of Ecclesia, but I'll be damned if I can't get the boss medal for fighting the giant enemy crab in the lighthouse.  I can kill him quick enough, but he always bumps me for a damage and fucks things up.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »

*Regarding Fallout 3.  I'm pretty sure the level cap is being raised to 30 in the second or third DLC expansion pack. I read that in an interview with the Bethesda guys.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 04:53:58 PM »

Third, and I'll probably bite on the DLC just because it sounds like what I really want out of that. I don't want stupid horse armor or downloads that would be free if it weren't for console overlords demanding money from every possible venue, I want something more aking to a proper expansion, and I'm pretty sure the three of those combined would have about as much to add as a proper expansion pack.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 07:38:24 PM »

im currently playing eternal poison and whenever i feel like dealing with cheap deaths again persona 4. in EP i recent cleared ashleys campain and started olifens.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

Persona 4

Code:
In the middle of Naoko's Dungeon, just hit level 49.  Going to fuse a Tam Lin as soon as I gain three more levels.

I'm enjoying the game significantly more as I go along.  I like some of the characters from Persona 3 better, but I'm growing significantly on a lot of these guys.  Still, there's no one to replace Koromaru.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 10:24:54 PM »

Long time lurker, first time poster and to keep the intros short...hello (I guess this makes me a new challenger. Amirite?).

Anyway as of right now I'm playing Eternal Poison, and admittedly I'm playing all three scenarios at once switching between them as I go along. Right now I'm at the end of the first stratum in Ashley's story, but I'm having difficulty reaching the damage output necessary to overkill the boss. Frankly though, I'm more concerned about having the time to actually play the game tonight than overkilling the boss.

Started up SO for the PSP.
Does every Star Ocean game have an extremely long drawn out opening? I couldn't wait to actually start playing the game.

Yes.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 11:44:33 PM »

Persona 4- finished the void quest dungeon.  Main was level 42 or so and the other 3 I used were level 40-41.  Dungeon was tough but the boss was cake. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »

Mass Effect.

7 hours in, just got off the Citadel.

This game is going to take forever.

[/url]
TresErre

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 07:44:56 AM »

I'm currently playing Infinite Undiscovery and I'm enjoying it, pretty Tri-Ace-ish. Still, I've only spent 4 hours so long and I can't seem to get accostumed to the battle system yet, hell I can't use my items without getting my ass kicked. It seems the learning curve will be pretty wide, but I like that.

I've recently beaten Star Ocean First Departure and I loved it, I had only played TTEOT from the SO series and I can't wait for The Second Evolution, since it's pretty much like the most famous title in the series. (And of course every time I see these Star Ocean 4 screens I get a hard-on). I'll start a new gameplay soon to get the other optional characters, Mavelle and Joshua didn't appeal much to me, I wanted to see that cool werewolf from the opening!

Sorry if my english is a bit irregular.

Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »

About halfway through the Secret Lab dungeon. It's quite a bit more difficult than Void Quest was... I still haven't settled on my Persona spread because I keep changing them. However, I do have a Yatagarasu with Cool Breeze, so now it's my goal to get it on a more desirable Persona that I can actually use.

As for Luminous Arc, I'm on Chapter 19.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: