Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334464 Posts in 13702 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Super Game Journal Turbo II - The New Challengers  (Read 305770 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2070 on: August 14, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »

I HAVE ENCOUNTERED ABADDON IN DDS2 AND I HAVE NOTHING-DYNE.

Fuck.

Well, you're not on Hard so it might not be -too- big of a problem.  Ziodyne helps so much in that battle though, I ain't kidding.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: August 14, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »

Zionga does as much damage as Zanma or whatever he's weak to at the moment on Normal, I've noticed. Too bad Zionga doesn't get me extra turns though.

Still it's a pain predicting whether he'll cast Agidyne and fuck Serph over, or Ziodyne and fuck Gale over. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2072 on: August 15, 2009, 12:46:40 AM »

I thought Gunpei Yokoi was the mastermind behind metroid, and he got asploded by a car :(

kyuusei: Use that anti-forcetricity stuff and don't ever have Serph in your party.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:28 AM »

I'm inclined to think that Sakamoto was more significant, and at worst he's the closest thing to a mastermind with Yokoi gone.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2074 on: August 15, 2009, 03:19:10 AM »

Why do cars :(

Anyway so I'm played UT2K4 again since my laptop is got virus and I can't play UT99. Doing stuff like Bombing Run and fiddling with UTXMP which seems niceish. I'm horrid at DDom.

I should get an RPG mutator for it...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:36:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: August 15, 2009, 04:06:37 AM »

But damnit, I need Serph for anti-fire...

Not that anyone else is weak to it but it still does lots of damage to my party. :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2076 on: August 15, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »

Tales of Vesperia:
All that's left to get is the "They Call Me..." and "No More Grinding" achievements. I need to get two more titles for Estelle, and then grind 40 more levels, then I'm all good. I wish this game had DLC stages, cause I really just want to keep playing this game more and more. <3

Last Remnant:
I've put this game off for so long, cause I got turned off by having to grind for the super-powered version of the last boss. Trying to figure out what stats / unions / weapon arts I should have for this guy. Hopefully I have the patience to pick it up again and grind for him. :l Currently at BR95, and leaders in use include Rush, Irina, Emmy, Glenys, Torgal, and Jaeger. Hopefully it works out

Jeanne D'Arc:
I actually just picked this game up on impulse. I hope I don't regret it.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2077 on: August 15, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

Beat Trace Memory for the first time today, really enjoyed the game, even if it was rather short.  I can tell this game wanted to fully utilize everything you can do with the DS.  Unfortunately, for some puzzles, it got annoying, not that any of the puzzles were hard at all.  Rather interesting story, got super addicted by the end to uncover the mystery, and enjoyed the characters (I <3 D).  I felt it was a little predictable in some parts, but I liked how the ending smoothed everything out, and I felt satisfied. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: August 15, 2009, 02:54:06 PM »

I recently completed Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past.  Basically, it's an apology for that 2008 abortion of a game Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles.  Review forthcoming. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2079 on: August 15, 2009, 08:00:15 PM »

Doing Gaia's Navel - Another in CC. There's still a bunch of other optional stuff I can do too. And I'm at 43 hours. Which is 10 hours longer than it took me to beat the game the first time.

o/` I do not dream o/`

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2080 on: August 15, 2009, 08:20:13 PM »

So I got my Xbox 360 last week (thanks again to those who helped me pick out a model), and I have a few games for it already. So here is my progress thus far.

Tales of Vesperia - 14 hours into it. My characters are around the thirties in level. Not too long ago, Estelle gives the guild a name. 180/1000 gamerscore (missed Secret Mission 2, I'll get it in another playthrough). I'm really enjoying this one, and I may even get this on the PS3 as well.

Star Ocean 4 - About 13 and a half into this one. Still on the first disc. 90/1000 gamerscore. My characters are about late twenties/early thirties in level.

Code:
Just reached the first town on Planet Roak. It's good to see some references from the original, especially with Roak's battle theme and town theme. The first planet or two weren't too bad, while the station and the tractor beam and Earth in 1957 weren't particularly enjoyable. Now the game's picking up again on Roak.

Blue Dragon - 3 and half hours into this one. I just beat the elemental boss in the Hospital Ruins. I'll probably get into this one a bit more when I've finished the two games above. 10/1000 gamerscore.

Gears of War - The original. I'm playing co-op with a friend on Insane, and we're up to Act 3 thus far. 230/1250 gamerscore.

Gears of War 2 - Haven't started yet. It still remains sealed on my shelf. I'll probably open it once I finish the first.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:51:48 AM by ShadowLaguna » Logged

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2081 on: August 15, 2009, 11:31:43 PM »

Welp I replaced my old busted DS Lite with a new hotness DSi yesterday but due to school I haven't had the time to break it out of it's packaging yet.

In fact I haven't had the time for anything in a while. :(

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: August 16, 2009, 12:02:09 AM »

DDS2 - I just beat Abaddon. WITH Serph, kthnx.

Does the answer you choose when
Code:
you get to Sera and Heat attacks Serph
affect much, if anything?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2083 on: August 16, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »

I beat abaddon with Serph, too.

Except he hardly ever used Agi spells on me so wevz.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: August 16, 2009, 02:15:19 AM »

Star Ocean 4 - About 13 and a half into this one. Still on the first disc. 90/1000 gamerscore. My characters are about late twenties/early thirties in level. Just reached the first town on Planet Roak. It's good to see some references from the original, especially with Roak's battle theme and town theme. The first planet or two weren't too bad, while the station and the tractor beam and Earth in 1957 weren't particularly enjoyable. Now the game's picking up again on Roak.

I just noticed this. I'm amused at how such significant spoilers are dropped yet no one gives a damn about this game being spoiled anymore.

Anyways, I'm making steady progress in ToV. I'm about 12 hours in, going to the city where the guilds are stationed.
Code:
I'm guessing I get to form a guild after inadvertedly seeing something mentioned along those lines, then I'll investigate a forest.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: